Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

North Vancouer Subaru sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 2002 Alpine White WRX
That sucks, maybe give Subaru of North America a call and file a complaint.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 07 2.5i Sport Wagon
File a complaint??? Good lord, I'm hearing FAR too many problems with Subaru dealerships, and I doubt a complaint is going to fix the shady character of these places.

After reading up on the multiple stories and seeing such actions first hand, I am NOT going to be buying a Subaru; instead, a Toyota. Flame me all you want, but when it comes to crap like this, I don't want anything to do with this type of reputation.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:05 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i work at a subaru dealer-

let tell you what has the best influence on swaying a dealerships decision- media exposure back by some serious legal aid. anything that involves public opinion will quickly change a dealerships tune...especially if it has shady practices or management.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2012
Hi. The previous messages are 8 year's old so I think it's time we had a bit of an update.

I've had a very different experience with "Specialty Subaru" of North Vancouver. I have just bought my first Subaru, a 2012 Impreza, from them ... and the first car purchase I've done for 25 years (I probably have a world record for running a Chrysler minivan). The experience was excellent. The sales person (Marek) accompanied me on an excellent test drive on the twisty, steep (and wet) hills of North Vancouver where I pushed the car hard, with no complaints from Mark (I think he was amused) and none from the car either (it sticks like glue to slippery roads). I did my research re pricing before sitting down with Marek to "negotiate". This went very smoothly from my perspective. The Impreza is a popular car so I got less than I would have liked (who doesn't), but I got a whole lot more car for the price than the best alternative (and the price was reasonable). I am well satisfied. I came back the next day and the car (with a full tank of gas) was ready to go. The turnover was very smooth and, indeed, fun (I stayed around and chatted awhile with the different staff).

Update ... I went back a week later (a couple of days ago) to get some other accessories that I decided to buy (roof rack, etc.). They were great again. Gave me a bit of a discount (basically what they would have if I'd included it in the first place) and then Steve (the sales manager) helped me install them so I didn't have any service charge. After that, we hung around awhile and talked cars.

I look forward to seeing them for my service requirements ... and I love my Subaru!

Last edited by angus; 05-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Glad you like it