STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

STi audio set-ups...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by essogas
it just goes to show you what type of crowd is buying this car...

Really so what crowd am I in ?

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 05-13-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Angry Dan

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
Really so what crowd am I in ?
Oh that's right I'm in the crowd that "owns" an STi.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:53 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Janq
Anyway, as you mentioned earlier hopefully some other owner(s) will step to the plate and offer up some more detailed information other than that 'the STi is fast and is really really cool'. <yawn>
I dont even know how to respond to this. We are still breaking the cars in my friend! I mean we are staying under 4k, we arent taking them to auto-x yet, we arent taking them to the drags yet, we arent pushing them to the limit yet. Ask again in a couple of weeks and maybe we can better answer your barage of questions, but for now we are still figuring the car out and yes it is fast and is really really cool. I am not at all technical so couldnt answer those questions, but in a couple weeks a couple guys here on island will be able to Im sure. We will all have them at auto-x on May 31st and should have a lot more info after that days activities.

I too am curious what "crowd" you believe I am part of as well. I cant wait to hear your answer for this one. Well?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Angry Dan

Well

I'm.....

1) 27

2) an Enthusiast

3) and a professional Police Officer

What does this have to do with people being d!cks about the way I answer some questions.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Well, I'm in the same crowd too! I'm not really sure, just an impression. The people buying this car tend to be young but are in fact younger than I expected. I don't think many "professionals" will buy this car; too low brow for them. Enthusiasts on the other hand, people in the know, and kids will buy it, but I don't intend to say professionals can't be enthusiasts either. Everyone I've spoken to under the age of 35 with some car knowledge loves and knows about the Sti. Most of my friends who are also under 35 don't know jack about cars and could care less. When I show them pictures of the STi they say they've never heard of it and quickly respond, "you should get a vette."
If I had been in the mainland where you can drive in a straight line for more than 20 miles I honestly would have gone with the G35. I think it would be much more suited to lonog drives than the STi, but thats just me. I get cramped in it driving around here, but at 6'4" that happens a lot. As you said "enthusiasts" will buy the STi and people who want all the goodies and still some fun will buy the G35, no question. There are days when I wonder if I made the right decision, but too late now. I havent even driven the G35 since I dont want to regret buying the STi. I havent ever pushed a car like the guys here onisland do, but hope to get into it after breaking the car in. If I dont enjoy it or realize how much I really do SUCK, then I will probably wish I had bought the G35 and will cry late into the night, well, not really, but still...
Old 05-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Angry Dan

Dan, you did fine job answering questions for most people but a little lacking for agent's and my tastes. Sorry if that offends you but that's how I feel. I just thought someone in your unique position might show a little more enthusiasm and imagination with their responses.
The enthusiasm is there I'm just dumb. Sorry I can't write a book for you guys. I'd rather write something short and good, than long and dumb.

I'll have more to say when the car is over 1000 miles and after my first track day with it.

Quick Reply: STi audio set-ups...