Retarded Religion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
once again, im talking about christianity. the Koran is the Bible to Muslims. two different religions here.

Barely. The Koran means Last Testament. Same God, different interpretation.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims all have the same 'god', they just don't agree on how to worship him. If that offends you as a Christian, maybe you shouldn't be involved in organized religion.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:00 PM

i guess i should have clarified, i mean back in the day meaning in the beginning of civilization in the middle east.

why dont you ask before you start name calling.

Then the % was even lower...the beginning of civilization saw Greeks, Romans, and then Jews before Christ was even born...
You're Christ-centric view of history merely exposes how blinding religion is.

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
i am a practicing *******
I second that
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
oh snaps!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM

riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt tt

maybe vishnu or ganesha?
Is that why you hate SHIV??>>>>>>>
Old 05-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
double oh snaps .
Old 05-13-2005, 02:15 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by MVWRX
But not a single Christian actually follows all the rules of the bible. Hell, if you live in America then you HAVE to covet EVERYTHING your neighbors have. That's called capitalism, it's how the economy works...everyone covets, especially Christians.
Not a single christian follows the rules, but that's according to you. You can't say everybody covets. Majority is the word you are looking for.

Uh...how about all the Christian missionaries. Or the priests that should be in jail but their other priest buddies hide the fact that they f*** little kids. Or the Chrisitans living in the middle east who are opposed to Muslims and Jews.

Or...and here's the kicker...the millions of evangelicals who ruined our gov't when they elected BushJr...twice.
Christian missionaries are there only with the request of the area they are going to. If they aren't welcomed, they don't go. Simple as that. As for the priests, they do not represent the christian society or any christian individual. what they do in sin, they do on their own. The only man that has ever represented the christian society is Jesus himself and he is the only one that ever will.

I'm not going to go into religion and politics. That's a whole other issue on it's own.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:23 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Barely. The Koran means Last Testament. Same God, different interpretation.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims all have the same 'god', they just don't agree on how to worship him. If that offends you as a Christian, maybe you shouldn't be involved in organized religion.
I am not offended in anyway by any other practice of religion according to their interpretations. They can do whatever they want. But you don't seem to get my point. Christianity in general is a religious faith based upon the teachings and followings of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. Where in the Bible does it teach how to be a christian? the new testament. the old testament is all stories. Group-thinking is merely opinionative because each christian is an individual and has a mind of his own. they may not all agree on the same subjects but nobody has the right to judge the person and how he practices his religion except for God.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
As the great 2pac said "Only god can judge me now"

But I digress
Old 05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by MARKSTI
Is that why you hate SHIV??>>>>>>>

**** man shiv is the man, i dont hate him he built out and tuned my beast before i tore it all apart and went stock..

Shiv knows efi!

he can be a douche sometimes but that doesnt change the fact he knows his ****
Old 05-13-2005, 02:38 PM

I disagree that Christians are independant thinkers. Most of any one religion (take evangelists for example) think very similarly. They have the same views on abortion, evolution, homosexuality, etc. And by furthering their own agenda (which all Christians do regularly), they try to impose their 'morals' on others around them. You sound like a very reasonable Christian, and I appreciate that there are many other Christians like you that make their own decisions based on the New Testament. But there are a lot of Christians who are literally sheep.

On another note...you said killing any person that's alive is bad. So are you against all wars? How about all the killing that has gone on in the name of Christ your savior? Or are you only against killing in the context of abortion, because you DO actually think what you are told to, like the majority of Christians. Hypochrisy and corruption are so rampant in the current churches of the world, if they were private businesses that turned profits they would be dismantled like Enron was.

Last edited by MVWRX; 05-13-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:03 PM

Shiv knows efi!

he can be a douche sometimes but that doesnt change the fact he knows his ****
He has seemed like hes dedouchein a bit lately, or just gettin old.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM

I disagree that Christians are independant thinkers. Most of any one religion (take evangelists for example) think very similarly. They have the same views on abortion, evolution, homosexuality, etc. And by furthering their own agenda (which all Christians do regularly), they try to impose their 'morals' on others around them. You sound like a very reasonable Christian, and I appreciate that there are many other Christians like you that make their own decisions based on the New Testament. But there are a lot of Christians who are literally sheep.

On another note...you said killing any person that's alive is bad. So are you against all wars? How about all the killing that has gone on in the name of Christ your savior? Or are you only against killing in the context of abortion, because you DO actually think what you are told to, like the majority of Christians. Hypochrisy and corruption are so rampant in the current churches of the world, if they were private businesses that turned profits they would be dismantled like Enron was.
What happened in the Old Testament, stays in the Old Testament. In
Sad to say, there are too many hypocrite "christians" running around and giving the real ones a bad name. But we don't have the right to judge them, ultimately God will do that. It says in the Bible that killing with a will is wrong. Abortion in any view or point is wrong period, because the person who is killing the baby has the will to kill a living being. You can't say I don't want to kill it but I have to. As for the war, all you have to ask yourself is what would you do if you were being attacked with the will of the other person to kill you. It's up to the individual to interpret how he sees killing in defense or will. The way I see it is, if it's in self defense, self preservation, or for protection of others it's ok. You ask all the christian police officers, military men and woman the same question and I bet they will give you the same answer. But there are many that feel killing in any form is wrong and they have the right to say that because thats the way they see it.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Not a single christian follows the rules, but that's according to you. You can't say everybody covets. Majority is the word you are looking for.

Christian missionaries are there only with the request of the area they are going to. If they aren't welcomed, they don't go. Simple as that. As for the priests, they do not represent the christian society or any christian individual. what they do in sin, they do on their own. The only man that has ever represented the christian society is Jesus himself and he is the only one that ever will.

I'm not going to go into religion and politics. That's a whole other issue on it's own.

worked real well for the native americans back in the day... i mean if all they had to do was ignore them...
Old 05-13-2005, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

What happened in the Old Testament, stays in the Old Testament. In
Sad to say, there are too many hypocrite "christians" running around and giving the real ones a bad name. But we don't have the right to judge them, ultimately God will do that. It says in the Bible that killing with a will is wrong. Abortion in any view or point is wrong period, because the person who is killing the baby has the will to kill a living being. You can't say I don't want to kill it but I have to. As for the war, all you have to ask yourself is what would you do if you were being attacked with the will of the other person to kill you. It's up to the individual to interpret how he sees killing in defense or will. The way I see it is, if it's in self defense, self preservation, or for protection of others it's ok. You ask all the christian police officers, military men and woman the same question and I bet they will give you the same answer. But there are many that feel killing in any form is wrong and they have the right to say that because thats the way they see it.
The problem with your argument is that your side has yet to determine when "life" is created.

Is it when the sperm hits the egg? Or when the egg begins splitting? Or when the cells in the egg take a humanoid form?

or it when the sperm enters the vaginal ducts towards the egg?

Who knows..

life is trickery aint it

killing something means that it has to be alive, and life in this issue is up for debate and interpretation

Quick Reply: Retarded Religion Thread