Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

my family car project....it's alive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
Originally Posted by adizon
= HOPE
haah
Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

I dunno i'm kinda leaning towards keeping the car then putting it back to stock. Actually I would RATHER keep the car then turn that car back to stock. So I dunno forget the sale i'm keeping my baby unless I find someone who actually understands the smog laws! http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/smog-check.php

Cars Six Years Old and Newer
If your vehicle is six years old or newer, you will be charged an annual smog abatement fee when you register your vehicle rather than being required to provide smog certification.

However, the six-year-or-newer rule doesn't apply to nonresident and custom-built cars made since 1976. Those vehicles will still require smog certification. If you have a custom or specially constructed car, however, you might need a different type of smog certification.
Title Transfer and Smog Requirements
When you sell a vehicle that is four or fewer model years old, a smog certificate will not be required in order to transfer the title. The buyer will be charged a smog transfer fee of $8. If the vehicle sold is more than four model years old, the seller must provide evidence of a current smog certification except in any of the following situations:

The vehicle transfer occurs between a spouse, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, or grandchild.
The vehicle was registered and biennial smog certification was submitted to the DMV within 90 days before the date the title transfer took place. A vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
before after

you got stop going through these phases, it just creates more anguish!

Last edited by adizon; 10-05-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by adizon
before after

you got stop going through these phases, it just creates more anguish!
believe me my friend it's hard for me to go through all of this stuff as well. To be truthful the thought of my car going back to stock sickened me. I was in no way ready to jeopardize the hard work done to the car. Thanks for all the support!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
just put it back to stock and move on
Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
just put it back to stock and move on
naw I can't put it back to stock yet. The car runs beautifully the way it is right now. It would be a sin to ruin that.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
banned

Car Info: WRX STi 2004
Originally Posted by tamashi523
naw I can't put it back to stock yet. The car runs beautifully the way it is right now. It would be a sin to ruin that.
hahah crazy man.....i just spend a whole hour and a half reading this thread from the begining.... and man have you gone through shi....keep the suby and if you dont want to and want another car than get an STi!!! Keep it in the family ( The SUBY family) and dont list to BluEJ20 and take your car back to stock....this guy got rid of his WRX for a new Honda Si (hahah 4 door). Too much work has gone into this car!!!! And it beutiful!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ViVaSuBy
hahah crazy man.....i just spend a whole hour and a half reading this thread from the begining.... and man have you gone through shi....keep the suby and if you dont want to and want another car than get an STi!!! Keep it in the family ( The SUBY family) and dont list to BluEJ20 and take your car back to stock....this guy got rid of his WRX for a new Honda Si (hahah 4 door). Too much work has gone into this car!!!! And it beutiful!!!!
thank you so much for ur kind comment yeah i'm leaning towards keeping the car right now. If the car stays with me as a christmas present to myself i'm gonna repaint the whole car to make it like new! Then install a set of coilovers so I can slam the car to the ground.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:58 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
after all that you definitely better not get rid of it! what color did u have in mind for repaint?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1neWRX
after all that you definitely better not get rid of it! what color did u have in mind for repaint?
my wife wants me to repaint it pearl white. But I want to repaint it the same color. Because If I change the color the engine bay will still be black.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

ok well one of the things i've been wanting to do to make this car more agressive is the stance of the car. so what do you guys think of 10mm spacers all around. basically that would be changing the offset of my wheels to like a 38offset so it would push my wheels out closer to the fenders. Cool idea huh! I got no money to play with the car right now but it's something on my to do list. hahah
Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
How do you find the time with work (I assume you do), mortgage (the surrounding houses look real nice), 2 kids and of course the boss (your wife)?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by langridge
How do you find the time with work (I assume you do), mortgage (the surrounding houses look real nice), 2 kids and of course the boss (your wife)?
thats a very good question. I normally work on my car on sundays if i'm not feeling tired or lazy. I normally have friends comeover to help me out just in case my little kids run outside to "help" out. hahah But it's hard believe me. It's even hard for me to drop off my car to a shop because I always have my little kids with me. But speaking of which my wife is getting a new job as a branch manager for citibank. So that translates to more money in my pocket! All I gotta say is FINALLY! hahah Hopefully my dream of becoming a stay at home dad is fulfilled hahaha but that won't be for a long time!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by tamashi523
my wife wants me to repaint it pearl white. But I want to repaint it the same color. Because If I change the color the engine bay will still be black.
SWP FTW! Your's would look sick SWP!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by langridge
because he's a baller

Quick Reply: my family car project....it's alive!!!