SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Honestly, I'd be down to throw in stage coach next time. Maybe start at Russel Rd, come down, go up clementine do the loop then back up stagecoach? I dunno. Or just start where we did, then at the end of the rid go up stage coach and back down.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Honestly, I'd be down to throw in stage coach next time. Maybe start at Russel Rd, come down, go up clementine do the loop then back up stagecoach? I dunno. Or just start where we did, then at the end of the rid go up stage coach and back down.
And then we can add Quarry into the mix as a cool-down ride.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Egan
And then we can add Quarry into the mix as a cool-down ride.
That sounds like an all day riding event to me Maybe a Saturday or Sunday in the near future? Say, weekend of 5/20? It will be a 20+ miler. Maybe we could start REAL early to try and beat some of the heat. We could all bring a lunch for a halfway point along the trail.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:53 PM

That sounds like an all day riding event to me Maybe a Saturday or Sunday in the near future? Say, weekend of 5/20? It will be a 20+ miler. Maybe we could start REAL early to try and beat some of the heat. We could all bring a lunch for a halfway point along the trail.
1/2 day at worst. We used to do 35 miles rides up some steeps climb when we went camping every year. Hmmmm....

Maybe we should try that this year? Any takers? There are a few seriously awesome trails out in Sequoia National Forest (~1 hour east of Fresno) with some really nice campgrounds near the trailheads.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
1/2 day at worst. We used to do 35 miles rides up some steeps climb when we went camping every year. Hmmmm....

Maybe we should try that this year? Any takers? There are a few seriously awesome trails out in Sequoia National Forest (~1 hour east of Fresno) with some really nice campgrounds near the trailheads.
camping + MTB sounds like a real blast!

there is camping at the base of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride off 89 between Meyers and 88, too.

sequoia sounds nice also.

bummed Northstar isn't open this year?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

I'd be down for a camping and mtb trip. Would be a blast!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

I've got a ride we can do. It'll be a biggie though.

Clementine -> connector -> Foresthill Divide -> connector -> fuel break -> culvert -> confluence trail

It's about 25 miles, mostly single track, some definite climbing. I know after riding the clementine -> fuel break -> culvert -> confluence loop the other day, I felt like I could go a lot more. The last half of the clementine loop (confluence trail) is technical but downhill so it's an easy ride as far as pedal power goes .

What do you guys think? We'd have to start that one EARLY to avoid spontaneously combusting out on the trails and I'd be down for a shady mid ride lunch/brunch with sandwiches or something (beer too? ). It's supposed to be hot during the early part of this week, but weather.com is showing 70s for Saturday ! If we're gonna do this ride, this weekend looks perfect as far as weather goes.

Any takers?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:47 PM

Clementine -> connector -> Foresthill Divide -> connector -> fuel break -> culvert -> confluence trail
is showing 70s for Saturday ! If we're gonna do this ride, this weekend looks perfect as far as weather goes.

Any takers?
i'll be pwnd by packing for Maui.
when i get back though, i SWEAR i'm gonna ride.

you still doing Wed night this week?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pozzi
i'll be pwnd by packing for Maui.
when i get back though, i SWEAR i'm gonna ride.

you still doing Wed night this week?
yes
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM

It's about 25 miles, mostly single track, some definite climbing. I know after riding the clementine -> fuel break -> culvert -> confluence loop the other day, I felt like I could go a lot more. The last half of the clementine loop (confluence trail) is technical but downhill so it's an easy ride as far as pedal power goes .

What do you guys think? We'd have to start that one EARLY to avoid spontaneously combusting out on the trails and I'd be down for a shady mid ride lunch/brunch with sandwiches or something (beer too? ). It's supposed to be hot during the early part of this week, but weather.com is showing 70s for Saturday ! If we're gonna do this ride, this weekend looks perfect as far as weather goes.

Any takers?
Since the SRiC softball game looks like it might fall apart, this weekend may free up.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Since the SRiC softball game looks like it might fall apart, this weekend may free up.
uh, FYI, MTB >>>> Softball
Old 05-15-2006, 04:23 PM

uh, FYI, MTB >>>> Softball
You may feel that way, but we already signed up to play and I don't want to bail on them. Besides since the sinner can't go anyway, we can do it on Sunday.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:34 PM

You may feel that way, but we already signed up to play and I don't want to bail on them. Besides since the sinner can't go anyway, we can do it on Sunday.
yep, i'll be on a beach someplace.

oh, yeah, Egan:
Old 05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Mike, let me know how softball pans out. Josey wants to go bike riding with me on Sunday and she'll probably just want it to be us for now, so I'm probably out for a big ride or group ride Sunday.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

I failed to notice on the prarie city racing schedule that no race is held tomorrow Mike, Clementine tomorrow afternoon, maybe with a little stagecoach thrown in for good measure?

Quick Reply: SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!