SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Yeah I was looking at the HR 301 (I think that's it) but it's a trainer that uses GPS to calculate speed and distance, it doesn't do maps and plotting. So I looked at the something-trek 201 and it was $170, the 20% doesn't apply and I didn't want a GPS $170 worth. I bought some new shoes instead..my other ones are looking pretty tired
Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Yeah I was looking at the HR 301 (I think that's it) but it's a trainer that uses GPS to calculate speed and distance, it doesn't do maps and plotting. So I looked at the something-trek 201 and it was $170, the 20% doesn't apply and I didn't want a GPS $170 worth. I bought some new shoes instead..my other ones are looking pretty tired
say what?

new shoes?
what, did the shimanos already get dirty?
you pansy.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pozzi
say what?

new shoes?
what, did the shimanos already get dirty?
you pansy.
lol, nah, I needed some new shoes. My Ben Shermans are about 10 months old and are looking pretty ragged so I picked up another pair:

Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Originally Posted by sublime1
I wanted to buy a garmin at rei on the last 20% off deal and they wouldn't do it. It has something to do with their cost being not much below advertised retail price.
That's too bad. The shop I work at was selling them for 25% off retail during our sale. US > REI.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by liftback
That's too bad. The shop I work at was selling them for 25% off retail during our sale. US > REI.
Ok, then, which shop and what is the i-club standard discount? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Hey guys, can't make it tomorrow do to sickness. Have fun and tear it up for me!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Dudes I'm glad we didn't ride today. I got called by work this morning at 5:43 and was up till almost 7:30 :\.

Mike - Wednesday for sure :wiggle: I'll get my backup to cover my oncall for a couple hours, he's cool that way
Old 05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

So, uh, what are you dudes doing next Wednesday..... http://www.racemtbikes.com/
Old 05-09-2006, 05:17 PM

So, uh, what are you dudes doing next Wednesday..... http://www.racemtbikes.com/
OMG the tandium!.......................................... ......VVVVVVVVVVV

:rotfl:
Old 05-10-2006, 09:58 PM
VIP Member

Clementine. OMG. I had SOOO much fun today. That trail is incredible. The climb (2.5 - 3 miles) is a bear, but you feel GOOD when you finish. Mike and I stop about half way up for a quick breather and that was it. I felt great today.

Then after the climb the rest of the trail is singletrack, downhill, technical, you name it. Jumps. Everything. ****ING awesome.

Pics:

Riding under Foresthill bridge. Clementine climbs you considerably higher than the bridge:

Half way up the climb:

What's in store (another 1.8 miles of this):

Here the trail crosses old foresthill rd (we're on the downside now):

That hump on the right is dangerous. I nearly got a good taste of dirt and rock after going over that :

Here's Egan. I warned him about the hump:

Here's me!

The rest of the trail (another 2-3 miles) is all like this. BAD ***:

Hey look! It's quarry trail! How cute!

Purty:

Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Nice pics! So is the climb up mostly paved? I'll need to work up my endurance before I try this trail...
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 AM

Car Info: 2001 Miata NB
damn. thats pretty neat! i wish i had a mountain bike. i dont think i'd have enough stamina to keep up though... haha.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 AM

man! i need to go!
how long did the whole trip take you?

looks BAD!
i wanna go NOW!

nice pics sonic.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM
VIP Member

Half the climb is paved, half is dirt. The paved part isn't hard, it just takes a while and you can't stop pedaling. I get some decent endurance because of all the wind out here that I'm constantly riding through .

Whole trip is like 8-9 miles (I forgot to turn my computer back on after a break at the top) and it took us about an hour and a half. When we got done it felt like it had been 15 minutes and I wanted to go again. This is my favorite type of trail - I like olmstead and others but I get sick of going up some nasty climb only to go down a dinky hill and back up again. That **** gets old. This one, you do this massive climb and then the rest of the trip gravity takes over and you just have some FUN. In the technical areas you're getting to a point where you're stopped and balancing over rocks (don't fall to the left or you'll hope a rock stops you from entering the river) and pedaling in granny gears. It was awesome.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Half the climb is paved, half is dirt. The paved part isn't hard, it just takes a while and you can't stop pedaling. I get some decent endurance because of all the wind out here that I'm constantly riding through .

Whole trip is like 8-9 miles (I forgot to turn my computer back on after a break at the top) and it took us about an hour and a half. When we got done it felt like it had been 15 minutes and I wanted to go again. This is my favorite type of trail - I like olmstead and others but I get sick of going up some nasty climb only to go down a dinky hill and back up again. That **** gets old. This one, you do this massive climb and then the rest of the trip gravity takes over and you just have some FUN. In the technical areas you're getting to a point where you're stopped and balancing over rocks (don't fall to the left or you'll hope a rock stops you from entering the river) and pedaling in granny gears. It was awesome.
If we add in the up and down of Stagecoach, it will be a real ride.

My only complaint with Clementine is the rocky mess on the way back, along the cliffside. Some of it is tough to ride and my vertigo starts kicking in.

Quick Reply: SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!