~~ Hawaii iClub Two Wheeler thread ~~

Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Thumbs up ~~ Hawaii iClub Two Wheeler thread ~~

to end the threadjack in 'spotted' here's our new thread

so to pickup from the last few posts

Originally Posted by GOKU 4
Yup-yup! GSXR fashion riding on the weekdays and ridin dirty hooligan style on the weekends. What year Telefonica do you have?
I used to do that in Cali; left the Tele and my frankenstein crf200 with sumo/dirt setup back home- Telefonica's an 02, I think that the only year they made them officially (it's a factory Telefonica), here's some pics from when it was in it's prime: K2 Telefonica - Short Yosh.RS3, 905 Stunt Cage... Lots of Pics (56k, grab a snickers) : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums

Let's do it! Hmm... what should we call ourselves? I-SM Club? Man, I just sold the CRF450x. I don't have knobbies for the Katoom. Gotta pick some up. Is your bike plated?
I'm down! I love CRFs! Haven't tried a 450R yet.
we'll have to get a name! haha, iClub Hawaii/SM Chapter or something. the KTM is sweet man, I'd pick that up from you if I had room to park it; would make a great 'round towner + if it had passenger pegs i could take the lady w/me every now and then (i'm not a huge 2-up rider, but she's a natural)

the DRZ's plated - just got the knobbies and swapped them myself - no way would i pay them here for that, ridic expensive. tires shipped were ~60?

only thing i hate about riding kaena is riding out there and back - i have no truck

Originally Posted by sigterm
As for the dirt, I'm dying to go, its been a few months or so since we went up. I got the bikes all tuned up and good to go, just been sitting for the past month now. 06 CRF250R/08 CRF450R. ***** on both so no sumo style.
Lets make a dirty weekend and go up Kahuku! I'd definitely be down for something like that.
dope! i wish i had a 250 or even a 150 for the dirt out here; the technical trails they have (and ones you can make) would be sweet on something light - as much as I liked riding sumo, i ran out of road pretty quick..

Originally Posted by sigterm
If we go up to kahuku, take it for a spin, its geared for track not quite trails, little hard to be nimble thats for sure. But still hella fun on perimeter or something that you can open it up and let loose. At any rate, lets get out there one day soon.
!
for sure we gotta get up there - my 400 isn't nimble at all, has DRZ-E gearing, but i'm still always in 1st or 2nd tops; more than enough torque/speed

Last edited by tesh; 09-22-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
funny that you posted this. coincidentally this past week I have been getting into bikes. I think mainly because I was able to jump on a Motorcycle Basic Riders Course here in Korea. I will be taking it in 2 weeks and since I got in the class I have been looking at bikes lately.

If I end up getting into riding, I will probably end up getting a used bike (unmodded of course) to practice with for a year or two. Maybe a 600 or as small as a 250. I guess we will see.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
funny that you posted this. coincidentally this past week I have been getting into bikes. I think mainly because I was able to jump on a Motorcycle Basic Riders Course here in Korea. I will be taking it in 2 weeks and since I got in the class I have been looking at bikes lately.

If I end up getting into riding, I will probably end up getting a used bike (unmodded of course) to practice with for a year or two. Maybe a 600 or as small as a 250. I guess we will see.

That's awesome man! Good for you to take a course - i know the Basic Safety Course I took (to avoid having to do the dmv figure 8 ride) easily saved my life on many occasions - learning to lean into / look through a turn, not look at an obstacle but to your ending point and weave in a straight line were all life saving techniques.

take an advanced course if you have the time - i'm wishing i did; and if it's even half as helpful as a basic, then it's very worth it. glad you're doing the smart thing by picking up a used bike, 600cc or smaller; i know guys who can canyon carve Ninja 250's better than any 600 rider with similar or even more experience - i'd get a 250 if i had the cash/space/time. Especially considering a 600 can do upwards of 150+mph (i know, i've been there), there's no real need for 1000cc's until you've mastered your 600.

that said - good luck in the course! and keep the rubber side down!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 2011 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
Originally Posted by tesh
to end the threadjack in 'spotted' here's our new thread
Auright! Our own thread!

I used to do that in Cali; left the Tele and my frankenstein crf200 with sumo/dirt setup back home- Telefonica's an 02, I think that the only year they made them officially (it's a factory Telefonica), here's some pics from when it was in it's prime: K2 Telefonica - Short Yosh.RS3, 905 Stunt Cage... Lots of Pics (56k, grab a snickers) : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums
Your bikes look clean! Haven't seen a Telefonica in a while. Used to see an 05 body style with the Telefonica graphics, but wasn't sure if they were bought fairings or an original.

the DRZ's plated - just got the knobbies and swapped them myself - no way would i pay them here for that, ridic expensive. tires shipped were ~60?

only thing i hate about riding kaena is riding out there and back - i have no truck
Amen on doing your own work. Let me know if you need to borrow tools. I have feeler gauges for quarterly valve clearance checks, stands, chain breaker, and other specialty tools. I need to pick-up a tire iron to break the bead.

That's one of the biggest issues I have too. I don't have a truck either. I get shame asking my friend to come all the way from the West side to taxi the bike.

dope! i wish i had a 250 or even a 150 for the dirt out here; the technical trails they have (and ones you can make) would be sweet on something light - as much as I liked riding sumo, i ran out of road pretty quick..
There's a bunch of local sumo guys who ride Tantalus Sunday mornings. I'll let you know if there's a ride scheduled.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
I'll see if I can revisit opening our range to people outside the HIARNG. I'm a MSF Rider Coach and can instruct the Basic and Advanced Rider Course. We have liability concerns with non HIARNG personnel since the course is on a military facility. Also, trying to apply for a state seal so that I can waive the DMV's road test.

Good luck, Jess! If you think subys are addicting, just wait until you ride.

Last edited by GOKU 4; 09-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Your bikes look clean! Haven't seen a Telefonica in a while. Used to see an 05 body style with the Telefonica graphics, but wasn't sure if they were bought fairings or an original.
Thanks! I miss my Tele' she's a good bike, solid, tuned on my own; real head turner since there are so few (i think i saw one bone stock one here when I moved, never saw it again). but yeah, they only made them in '02 from what I know, 'legend' has it that only 2,500 made it to the US, but no one knows the real number...

Amen on doing your own work. Let me know if you need to borrow tools. I have feeler gauges for quarterly valve clearance checks, stands, chain breaker, and other specialty tools. I need to pick-up a tire iron to break the bead.
hell yes man - i even have a bead breaker/mounting post and balancer back home; never trusted anyone with any of my vehicles lol; might have to take you up on some tools someday; my DRZ is on '08 but i've been pretty lax at maintenance lately :-/ its well overdue for oil/air etc cleanup. i'm always down for a tune-up day!

oh and i took my supermoto tires to costco (removed from the bike) just asked the tire guy nicely and he broke the bead on his machine for me for 2 sets for free99!

That's one of the biggest issues I have too. I don't have a truck either. I get shame asking my friend to come all the way from the West side to taxi the bike.
I have a coworker or two with trucks; one's quite high (and a '11 F150 platinum, not planning to borrow that soon). the other's a beater; but again, from kbay, would hate to borrow it for the day... but man that ride back is exhausting. the ride there is just excruciating due to traffic at the north shore...

There's a bunch of local sumo guys who ride Tantalus Sunday mornings. I'll let you know if there's a ride scheduled.
from supermotojunkie forums? I rode with them once - hooligans! haha some really skilled riders, some not so much, but good group of guys; i met em when i first got the bike, never rode with them again, especially since I got the knobbies (the ***** are pretty level, so still decent on the road, but squirrly on freeways, like h2 esp)

I'll see if I can revisit opening our range to people outside the HIARNG. I'm a MSF Rider Coach and can instruct the Basic and Advanced Rider Course. We have liability concerns with non HIARNG personnel since the course is on a military facility.
that would be awesome! I've always been jealous (in a good way) of the MSF courses taught on base. of course, I should probably get my bike safetied lol. would love to take a course - i wish we could get every rider through this course so everyone's on the same page when it comes to safe (and still fun) riding... there are some serious squids out there...

just for good measure, a pic of my crf i left behind :

Last edited by tesh; 09-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 2013 XV 2002 WRX (sold)
I got one word

JEALOUS
Old 09-23-2011, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by WoodyWood808
I got one word

JEALOUS
hah dont be! get one instead! Supermoto's arent expensive, are easy to ride and cheap to maintain overall (esp compared to street bikes) (besides, i had to leave all my bikes behind, ended up getting another one and i only ride like 1nce a month)
Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 AM

Wifey says no motorcycles, I am too crazy on pedal bikes
broken tailbone and compression fracture on my t11 vertebrae on July 22. Racing BMX. I have been trying to get a supermoto for 2 years.

Last edited by WoodyWood808; 09-23-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM

^^Daym! I Saw that pic in the other thread - you did that off a bicycle?! no surprise though, flying through the air an sheit. I dont even get that much air on my DRZ lol, too heavy. I wish I could ride like that though; I did a little freestyle when I was a kid, but took a metal spiked pedal to the shin pretty good and the parents told me to walk everywhere haha.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
Damn, all nice bikes/posts/pics! Can't wait to see a few in person.
I'll give a few up, not the greatest pics, but its all I got a the moment for some reason. Too lazy to break out the other drive to grab the dirt pics.

anyhow, my 07 R6, daily driver that I rack up miles quicker than anyone else I bet. 60 mile roundtrips from Kailua-Wahiawa M-F rain or shine. Rain can suck at times... *glares at H3*.
Name:  dsn35.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  185.9 KB

Here is the wifes bike, 04 R6 that used to be the track bike, except here there's no track.... So its converted back to street and just has every option known to man installed on it. So she's definitely happy on it. Behind that, the two brap-brap's hiding in the corner for storage. 06 CRF250R (red)in the back, the 08 CRF450R (black) in the front. I'll definitely get better pics of those, maybe this weekend since I'm cleaning out the garage (don't tell the wife I said that).

Name:  1FLLL.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  136.6 KB

2 pics, 4 bikes, FTW! Anyhow, either lets get dirty or hit up the streets one day for a cruise!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Must be nice everyone get multiple toys. I want a bike so bad, but I highly doubt it's gonna happen any time soon.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
2 wheels? I have a couple of 2 wheelesd toys.

Name:  CCD_0045.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  133.0 KB
1971 Kawasaki F7 Enduro 175cc 2 stroke (project bike, partially restored. RUNS can ride, willing to sell for $900, I have papers)

Name:  CCD_0181.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  140.3 KB
Giant singles speed bar hopper turd beater bike, not a fixie 'cause fixies are GAY (any real rider will agree). The frewheel is a technological advancement created for a reason.
Carbon fork and Ti rail seat...just because I can

Name:  CCD_0180.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  119.2 KB
Inspired Fourplay Trials Bike

Name:  CCD_0179.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  145.8 KB
2011 Specialized Demo 8 Downhill Bike, Sam Hill Signature special edition, Boxxer R2C2 (Ive bought wrx's for less than this frame alone)

Name:  CCD_0178.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  150.6 KB
2009 Scott Ransom 10, 6.5" travel Carbon All Mountain...30lbs! Rock Shox totem 2 step air, and RP23 rear

Name:  CCD_0176.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  141.0 KB
2009 Mongoose Nugget, 2010 Rockshox Lytic u-turn
4x/jump bike

Name:  CCD_0174.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  143.4 KB
Woodman Elite Hardtail DJ bike
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
I wish I bought my friends street legal Honda NSR250.
I've had a ton of bikes, the last being a GSXR1000. Fun bike, too much power... now I ride pedal bikes instead, safer I think.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:45 PM

XC bike

Converted SS now is rigid front and no tensioner.

Ro-add bike

Action

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~~ Hawaii iClub Two Wheeler thread ~~