~~ Hawaii iClub Two Wheeler thread ~~

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
haha i'll check around too, i know a few people with trailers.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM

ok, might have to redo that date. Just found out about rallycross... its also 10/15.
dunno about the rest of you, but I wanna see Tesh flying some mud on his car, I left too early last time!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
I thought about getting a trailer for my car, but I think I'm too low to make it up to Kahuku, especially after a big rain.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
I found a hitch but im sure shipping is ridic - also still wouldnt have a place for a trailer; but i considered one of those single bike hitch mounts since a 400's not too heavy for a hitch mount (but i think it needs to be class II, which is N/A for our cars iirc)

dunno if i'll be flinging mud on my car this time, it sure has a 'armor coating' of dirt on it already though lol, gonna have to find a co-drive ... still debating autox this wknd too, im overdue on an oil change and various other maintenances...

and as for the 2wheeler thread - i miiiight pickup that ruckus today; how much is too much for a 2009? he's got 250 in backtaxes that i don't want to pay
Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
Originally Posted by tesh
I found a hitch but im sure shipping is ridic - also still wouldnt have a place for a trailer; but i considered one of those single bike hitch mounts since a 400's not too heavy for a hitch mount (but i think it needs to be class II, which is N/A for our cars iirc)

dunno if i'll be flinging mud on my car this time, it sure has a 'armor coating' of dirt on it already though lol, gonna have to find a co-drive ... still debating autox this wknd too, im overdue on an oil change and various other maintenances...

and as for the 2wheeler thread - i miiiight pickup that ruckus today; how much is too much for a 2009? he's got 250 in backtaxes that i don't want to pay
just come to autox! lol
Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM

I second that, come to autox!
and change your oil! or whatever maintenance your doing.

I have the hitch so I can tow a trailer on the truck, so... I guess I could haul all the bikes if need be. Depends how many are going. And where you all live/store the bikes... that might be an even worse question. I'm in Kailua btw.

Oh those things! Ruckus, i heard they have some insane gas mileage. I go down to South Seas a lot for parts (dirt/street) and see it on the floor once in a while. Do they have a clutch even? if so......
7k clutch dump, *wheel up*

They look like one of those minibikes I used to have as a kid. Fatty little tires and such. As for pricing... *shrug* I think new they are like 2500? So.. 2009, maybe 1600-1800 ? Just guess so... no idea there. Sounds fun tho! good luck
Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Justin has a modded ruckus and would be able to give you better insight of pricing on them...
Old 09-30-2011, 03:39 PM

So Oct 22nd @ Kahuku , let me know who's in.
Just fun riding, nothing serious.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by sigterm
So Oct 22nd @ Kahuku , let me know who's in.
Just fun riding, nothing serious.
i think my parents fly in that day i might not be able to make this one...

in good news - i'm the proud new owner of a ruckus! time to look for mod parts lol

the first two things i need are a rear seat and a set of pegs - looking for a rear seat off a cbr or gsxr actually, would be an easy solution to pop on and off...

and the new toy: ... i already have a list of things to do...

all help welcome! lol

Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Ruckus! Congrats on the new purchase. 100+ miles for 1.4 gallons beats my bike hands down. I get about **ahem** if I'm not punching it, maybe 38/gallon.
Damn I thought I'd see you ride in on that at autox yesterday.

Now onto the good part, mods. What kind of pegs do you need? I got a lot of R6 parts at home that I'll most likely never use. How about some Leo Vince titanium headers? SBK II haha seriously tho, if you are looking for stuff, let me know.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by sigterm
Ruckus! Congrats on the new purchase. 100+ miles for 1.4 gallons beats my bike hands down. I get about **ahem** if I'm not punching it, maybe 38/gallon.
Damn I thought I'd see you ride in on that at autox yesterday.

Now onto the good part, mods. What kind of pegs do you need? I got a lot of R6 parts at home that I'll most likely never use. How about some Leo Vince titanium headers? SBK II haha seriously tho, if you are looking for stuff, let me know.
hell yes - as long as i ride it to/from work and things; was buzin around town this morning, was great, quick parking and quick to zip through traffic - could always use more power..

i'll pm you about parts - ive got a laundry list, unfortunately i wanted a stock rear seat from any sport bike and a great one i found on CL posted yesterday already sold today... but a rear seat and some pegs (bmx type or really anything, folding would actually be great when leaning).. kickstands, heck anything really... it's basically a blank slate haha

i know about autox; was gonna come out but ended up busy at work till almost 2, then stuck in traffic to aiea for dinner at 5 w/the gf's fam (can't miss that even if i wanted to lol)
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 2011 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
Nice ruckus, Tesh! Did you pick it up from a guy named Brandon?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by GOKU 4
Nice ruckus, Tesh! Did you pick it up from a guy named Brandon?
i think i got it from his friend actually; brandon's not on the isle anymore? anyway this guy was steve, he added a few worthwhile parts, now i'm just looking for a rear seat haha
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 08 lgt
I wanna try ride it!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2011 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
Originally Posted by tesh
i think i got it from his friend actually; brandon's not on the isle anymore? anyway this guy was steve, he added a few worthwhile parts, now i'm just looking for a rear seat haha
Haha, small island. I guess Brandon sold it to him. The bike was meticulously cared for. The dude goes through bikes more often than I change my oil. He's still on island. We're probably gonna ride friday. You guys busy that day? Not sure how long I can stay. My friends from Kauai are coming over for the week.

Quick Reply: ~~ Hawaii iClub Two Wheeler thread ~~