Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Upgrade to my 07 impreza

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 AM

Car Info: 2007 2.5L impreza
Talking Upgrade to my 07 impreza

Hi i'm looking at putting some engine mods on my car and after some advice.
I'm not sure on what i should get. I have seen a turbo on here and thinking of adding that to my car. Any other suggestions.??
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx
Springs, intake, exterior/interior mods but tats about it man. Unless you wanna turbo it...= alota work and Pain in the A
Old 04-24-2009, 06:18 AM

Car Info: 2007 2.5L impreza
hmm what sore of intake i have been loking around and not sure which one to go for..i also was thinking of putting a pod filter in but hav heard it can damage the engine any truth to this.?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
try weapon r or injen
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM

Car Info: MY05RS, MY70914, and MY10VT1300CS
Injen makes the RD1222. It's the race division intake. It's modular so you can run it as a CAI or a Shortram. As a CAI yu'll get some low end torque,and as a Short Ram ou'll get some top end.

Weapon R's CAI is a good one, and will give ya the LowEnd torque.

You can do slightly more mods then Intake,springs, interior/exterior. Yu can do the TB coolant bypass, RSB. FSB if yo get a Borla style header. WRXfront brake upgrade, Legacy H6 rearbrake upgrades. Koni sport struts are always good.

Remember the RS's strength is low end torque and handling. So pick your mods that best exploit the RS's strength's.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:52 AM

Car Info: 07 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
The first modification that i've done is upgrade the driver's skills, then I upgraded the suspension to WRX, then I upgraded to a 3in catback system, converting an N/A to turbo is too much work, minus well buy a WRX or STI.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX Hatchback
super!

if you wanna go unique with it (which i plan to do in the not so near future) is try and find a supercharger kit. i dont know if they make one for your car, but i saw a post not too long ago about a company that put out a kit for 08+. obviously it would be a comparable pain in the *** just like putting a turbo on a n/a, but if you wanna go nutty with it and have something pretty unique, go for a super. im not exactly sure on the performance differences between the 2 (pros and cons) but an impreza ss sounds pretty sexy to me haha. naturally you'd have to upgrade all the normal stuff too like fuel pump, exhaust, intake, probably some engine internals as well and youd need a tune, but when the dust settles and youre sitting with a supercharged subaru i think itd be worth it.

update- just went surfing the info super highway and came across this. this is one company that does them but i remember another company whos name starts with g i think that has the same type of thing. hope it helps.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1440494

Last edited by migaleddi; 06-20-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: found the link
Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by migaleddi
if you wanna go unique with it (which i plan to do in the not so near future) is try and find a supercharger kit. i dont know if they make one for your car, but i saw a post not too long ago about a company that put out a kit for 08+. obviously it would be a comparable pain in the *** just like putting a turbo on a n/a, but if you wanna go nutty with it and have something pretty unique, go for a super. im not exactly sure on the performance differences between the 2 (pros and cons) but an impreza ss sounds pretty sexy to me haha. naturally you'd have to upgrade all the normal stuff too like fuel pump, exhaust, intake, probably some engine internals as well and youd need a tune, but when the dust settles and youre sitting with a supercharged subaru i think itd be worth it.

update- just went surfing the info super highway and came across this. this is one company that does them but i remember another company whos name starts with g i think that has the same type of thing. hope it helps.
Subaru Supercharger kit - NASIOC
Xcceleration just released a SC kit for the 2.5NA on their website in the Impreza 2.5 section.

It's using a Rotrex Supercharger. Anyone know much about the Rotrex?
Old 08-20-2011, 01:05 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by 2fast
Xcceleration just released a SC kit for the 2.5NA on their website in the Impreza 2.5 section.

It's using a Rotrex Supercharger. Anyone know much about the Rotrex?
A friend of mine used to have rotrex supercharger on his RSX. It's a really good supercharger. I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to you to go this route. It's not cheap and supposedly our n/a internals can't handle much boost. I've read that 6psi is the max you'd want to go with stock internals. Even then, you're taking a lot of life out of your motor.

You could do headers, OBX equal length or Borla unequal length. However, you'll need a custom exhaust from the header to the midpipe.

Like people have said, the best mods you can do are actually suspension mods.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza 2.5i
2fast, did you post about xcelleration in nasioc? someone said that the supercharger is good but not the company. its in the naturally aspirated turbo'd forum. on the thread its on the last(?) page. isn't their a raptor supercharger kit that's cheaper?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ccalsubi
2fast, did you post about xcelleration in nasioc? someone said that the supercharger is good but not the company. its in the naturally aspirated turbo'd forum. on the thread its on the last(?) page. isn't their a raptor supercharger kit that's cheaper?
HI, I posted the same question on Nasioc and got an answer to my question from the Raptor rep., on his tread, about how much better raptor is. When I said i didn't want a sales presentation for his product, just seeking info on the Rotrex, he then recommended i search the Euro forms where i would get an answer to my question on Rotrex. What I found is that Rotrex is a really good SC and is used on many hi-end cars.

If you go the Rotrex website, you will see the type of cars using their SC. The cost of the Rotrex is more expensive. For a subaru the Rotrex SC about $2200.00 and is more expensive than the raptor. Each has it's own benefits and would need to be evaluated for the application.

As for the company selling the Rotrex SC kit, Xcceleration, I have several friends who have had their cars (WRX, STi and LegacyGT) worked on by them and can only say good things about them...that's their experience.