Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

2005 Impreza RS 2.5 need performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 12:27 AM

Car Info: 05 impreza wagon rs
Originally Posted by UgLiEz
look guys, we're all in the same boat as far as performance upgrades are concerned. ECU, EXHAUST, INTAKE, TUNING, is about all the easy bolt on stuff that we can do (besides tuning of course. that's for mike at gruppe-s.) But then we come to internals. Cam's are a good option. From what i've heard, cams-headers (with all new exhaust piping), intake-ecu-and some tuning can get us up close to a wrx as far as hp. Not exactly the same power as a WRX but pretty close.

Of course it's all our dream to have a VERY VERY fast RS, but I would rather have a good performing all motor car then a stupid fast WRX that I'll probably kill myself in. Plus I'm a big appearance guy.

BTW i've got a 05 CGM RS with an STi trunk. IF anyone with a CGM RS wants to trade and are somewhere in the vicinity on the Bay Area shoot me a PM if your interested.

Keep the N/A pride goin guys, I'm ordering my Headers and midpipe when i get back from vacation in 2 days.

-Matt
Where did you get your headers from and how much did they cost? Also was it a direct bolt on or did you have to upgrade the rest of your exhuast system?