Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.
View Poll Results: which car do you think is better?
STi Spec C WR Limited
77.27%
Mitsubishi Evolution MR
22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

STi Spec C WR Limited or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 05:48 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
MR for me... I just love the handling of the EVO.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Let there be no mistake -- both cars are awesome creations, with more performance per dollar than many American, German and Italian alternatives. Yet when two cars are this close in performance and price, looks do become a factor -- and I have to side with the STI as being the more attractive and well-appointed car of the two. I've always been mystified at Mitsubishi's inability to build a good-looking car; the EVO 8 looks like someone stole the front end from a Pontiac and grafted it onto the most generic body imaginable; the Eclipse has gone from bland to ugly (what is with the fake Testarossa dents in the side panels?) to worse; even their SUVs are visual clunkers -- have you seen the Endeavor?? Certainly Subaru has had their stumbles in this area (and continues to make mistakes -- nothing can make the Baja attractive) but Mitsubishi just makes bland, nodescript cars in even more bland color choices.

A recent review of the STI noted that it had "a grim visage worthy of a battle-hardened Samurai." That, to coin a phrase, is dope. No one ever said that about a Lancer.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:14 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Subarus have better build quality than Mitsubishi as well as a better reliability record. With performance numbers being so close, the driver will account for most of the difference. Being that most drivers out there won't extrace the maximum performance of either car, we may as well choose which one is more aesthetically pleasing.

oh, and btw, the Forester XT owns the Endeavor!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by erikgj
Before you hand The Type-C the crown:

http://www.bestmotoring.jp/magazine/0405/index.html
Now you can really hand it the crown

http://www.bestmotoring.jp/magazine/0408/index.html

beat the EVO 8 MR GSR by 8 seconds at the ring
Old 09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I will definitely take the Spec C over the EVO if it is available here in the U.S .. but that will never happen .. *sigh*
Old 09-10-2004, 11:56 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
^^^ never say never... we must hope!

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 09-11-2004, 09:12 AM

I can't imagine many ppl will actually buy a Spec C. We had enough complain on 04s not having stereo, imagine that along with no ac and power. Personally only item I wish we have is the quicker steering rack. Oil cooler, strut bar, cf wing, bigger spray tank and the more aggressive shocks/springs would be nice too but they're trivial bolt-ons. Otherwise we already have everything.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch
Talking

Originally Posted by godai
I can't imagine many ppl will actually buy a Spec C. We had enough complain on 04s not having stereo, imagine that along with no ac and power. Personally only item I wish we have is the quicker steering rack. Oil cooler, strut bar, cf wing, bigger spray tank and the more aggressive shocks/springs would be nice too but they're trivial bolt-ons. Otherwise we already have everything.
I agree the regular Spec C wouldn't have much market here in the states.... but the Spec C LIMITED comes with all the comfort parts (AC, power everything).
Old 09-17-2004, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I will take the regular spec C. forget the comfort features!!! if i want comfort, i will just drive my evo around town! SOA ya hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? y'all need to bring the spec C for the hardcores like me! Plzz plzzz plzzzzzzzz!
Old 09-17-2004, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally Posted by 1fastGC
I will definitely take the Spec C over the EVO if it is available here in the U.S .. but that will never happen .. *sigh*

I know I wish they would bring the Spec C over. One would think that Subaru would release something to compete with the MR, ahem Spec-C, maybe they are holding back until the last minute to surprise us all. If they did that I'd trade my wrx in for sure!

Jason