Your 2014 BAM Volunteer Sign-up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:41 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I switched up my schedule for that weekend so I am going to volunteer.

I will help out Ray with shirt distribution and most likely stick around to help clean up too.

Last edited by 04GG; 08-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Kyle (de_engineered) and I haven't finalized our schedules w/ report-in times & whatnot, but I'm planning to ask some from our crew to help set up the lunch service items & food prep tables. So yes, you can pitch in with that. My guess is Kyle will also have some of his people to ready the grills and food prep tables.
We'll see what's up come Wednesday. A total attendee head count and confirmation of how and when the tiered meal times will go down is all I really need on my end.

And unless there's any objections, I wouldn't mind taking lead on cleanup crew. It's something I'd be doing anyway.

At that it's one of those things we all should be doing, imo attendees too if possible, but it also isn't that spontaneous usually. Even if we have people signed up, we'll probably go around recruiting folks to do some sweeps, or just little things like moving garbage bags and folding tables down.

Doesn't have to be arduous or yucky if you do a little bit, and everyone pitches in. All adds up.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

I called in a favor from The Don of The Wagon Mafia (aka sybir) to help any team leaders who may need some extra room in their PM inbox due to the flood of PM'ing over the next few weeks.
And thanks to you and sybir! It's a good feature to have haha.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
I'll help Raymond sell merch.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by reign_
I'll help Raymond sell merch.
Thanks buddy.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Grill bump. Met a guy interested on Sunday, but even with him we'd need 3 more. More people mean less work for us all
Old 08-11-2014, 01:06 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Thanks buddy.
T-shirt cannon? As mentioned...

I will help out Ray with shirt distribution and most likely stick around to help clean up too.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
OP updated...

leaferiksin to Raffle Tix Sales
04GG & reign to Tshirt & Hoody Sales & Distro
Goss408 & 04GG to Clean-up

Have I missed anyone?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by norcalbro
Originally Posted by Goss408
Not sure what the required approval process for choosing team leaders entails but for a blue shirt, I may sell my soul, but Garbage management may prove more useful
Dude you have volunteered long enough that im sure you could get ray to sell you a blue shirt... if you arent a team captain, just dont wear it event day...
Chris, standby on this. Lookin' like you may rock the blue shirt. I know you earned a red one last year. Plus, I saw the kudos you & the others got from Brian & Pete for helping them out a couple wknds ago.

For now, I've already moved you into the Clean-up crew. Those slots are more for peeps to help set up extra garbage & recycling collection stations as well as to clean up throughout the event. For post-event, the org crew & any other helpful hands do a final sweep.

Originally Posted by de_engineered
And unless there's any objections, I wouldn't mind taking lead on cleanup crew. It's something I'd be doing anyway.

At that it's one of those things we all should be doing, imo attendees too if possible, but it also isn't that spontaneous usually. Even if we have people signed up, we'll probably go around recruiting folks to do some sweeps, or just little things like moving garbage bags and folding tables down.

Doesn't have to be arduous or yucky if you do a little bit, and everyone pitches in. All adds up.
While you & I could likely manage the clean-up crew, we do have a MAJOR task of managing to cook & serve a BBQ lunch for nearly 400 people in less than 2 hours.

As I mentioned above, team leaders are the designated hitters who bat clean-up for the clean-up crew. (Insert your choice of Inception or Xhibit joke here.)

And yeah, we also typically have peeps that help out on-the-spot to break down or move tables & EZ-ups.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Slowly
Chris, standby on this. Lookin' like you may rock the blue shirt. I know you earned a red one last year. Plus, I saw the kudos you & the others got from Brian & Pete for helping them out a couple wknds ago.

For now, I've already moved you into the Clean-up crew. Those slots are more for peeps to help set up extra garbage & recycling collection stations as well as to clean up throughout the event. For post-event, the org crew & any other helpful hands do a final sweep.
Sounds good, thank you Cliff! Just let me know what you need/want and I will get it covered! Ray is looking for those prepay shirt orders STAT, so I will hold off until either I hear back or later this evening.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Goss408
Sounds good, thank you Cliff! Just let me know what you need/want and I will get it covered! Ray is looking for those prepay shirt orders STAT, so I will hold off until either I hear back or later this evening.
Well, we're movin' on up....

Now we're up in the big leagues,

Gettin' our turn at bat.

- - - - - - -

Welcome aboard, bruddah!

Shoot me a PM w/ ur celly & email addy.

Other than working your grill shift w/ the rest of the grill crew, you're basically overseeing what Walker had y'all doing for Trash detail last year.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Bump.
Still looking for two more members willing to help with raffle ticket sales!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Slowly
Well, we're movin' on up....

Now we're up in the big leagues,

Gettin' our turn at bat.

- - - - - - -

Welcome aboard, bruddah!

Shoot me a PM w/ ur celly & email addy.

Other than working your grill shift w/ the rest of the grill crew, you're basically overseeing what Walker had y'all doing for Trash detail last year.
Thanks! Its an honor! And Pm sent!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Remember everyone to check out all the threads posted! We still can use some help!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
VOLUNTEERS: WE WANT YOU!
EVENT CHECK-IN

Basically, attendees tell you if they pre-paid or not. You will verify prepaid attendees from the list or will collect payment from non-prepaid attendees. Then, you'll give them their wristband to put on ASAP, informing them that it is what let's security know they're allowed at our event as well as what let's the lunch service crew & security know they're OK to be in the chow line, too. Prepays will also receive a single $2 raffle ticket. To be considered for this position, you will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. We expect we’ll need your assistance until about 12:30.

* flukewrx (Tim)
1. XxSti05xX

GRILL COOKS

Since we're BBQing, we're going to need quite a several people to man the grills. Each person will cook for a MAXIMUM of 1.5 hour at a time. In the past, people have worked the grill for a good 3 hours or more! We don’t want to overwork anyone. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated! We really need you guys, so thanks again in advance! More info pending…

Please note that the veggie option must be cooked on a separate grill using separate grilling tools! Thank you.

* de_engineered (Kyle)
1. Goss408
2. dozer116
3. Melody
4. per/pet/ual

FOOD & BEV SERVICE

This crew will simply be working the chow line a la school lunch lady style. All attendees who enter the food service line MUST be wearing an event wristband. A security volunteer or I will be marking wristbands as an attendee comes through. More info pending…

* boardoholic (Cliff)
1. beLittled

CLEAN-UP

Looking for people that are willing to lend a hand with keeping the park clean during the event as well as staying a little after to make sure it is tidy. We are all adults and can put trash in the proper place, so it should not be that big of an issue. I know it's not the most desirable job, but someone has to take care of it and many hands make light work. More info pending…

* Goss408 (Chris)
1. 04GG

SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or they cannot get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

* bluwrxwgn (Justin)
1. runboyrun
+ A couple folks that you will not know are security personnel, so no stealing itshay or no actin' a fool!
Hey guys we really need to fill up these spots only 12 days till BAM (remember all volunteers get a special edition t-shirt)

Quick Reply: Your 2014 BAM Volunteer Sign-up Thread