Your 2014 BAM Volunteer Sign-up Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Your 2014 BAM Volunteer Sign-up Thread

VOLUNTEERS: WE WANT YOU!

We need trustworthy & reliable people, as this is a community event driven by charitable giving. If we find out someone is stealing money from the Jacob’s Heart organization, we'll make damn sure everyone knows how shady you are. Period. Many of us are known in more than just the Subaru world. And with so much social media nowadays, you'll be put on blast on every social media outlet known to man! With that outta the way…

If you are new to i-club, what better way to get more involved with your fellow I-clubbers! And if you are a longtime BAiC vet or somewhere in between, your giving spirit is also welcome. Or maybe you jumped in on the spot & gave a helping hand in past years (Thanks again for that!), so now you can get on board earlier especially since again we will likely have a limited edition volunteer crew Tshirt. But don’t get caught up on that since this event is about us getting together as a community and giving back, right?

Each job will include a brief description of tasks, duties & qualifications, but most job titles are obvious as to what you’ll be doing. These will be updated as the event draws closer, especially concerning what time you report in & how long you’ll be expected help out. The number of volunteers requested will also be updated as needed.

In addition to replying in this thread, please PM your team leader to let them know directly that you’d like to join their crew. We'll be finalizing the rosters to be sure every volunteer who signed up is still committed to his/her assigned tasks and is clear on report-in times, expected shift duration, etc.

On behalf of the entire organizing staff, I’d like to thank you all in advance for offering your time & effort and helping to make BAM 14 a fun & successful event!

PARKING

First off, we need you to show up early... well before any caravans arrive. With coordination from Matt V (AKA tecnica tech), you'll direct the vendors and carshow participants where they're supposed to be. You will also direct all others to the general parking areas in the very large & spacious lot next to our picnic site. We’ll need the parking crew there by 8:30am. We expect you should be finished before 11:30.

* Heedz (Hide)
1. Sakai530
2. awdorgtfo
3. WRXBOOST10

EVENT CHECK-IN

Basically, attendees tell you if they pre-paid or not. You will verify prepaid attendees from the list or will collect payment from non-prepaid attendees. Then, you'll give them their wristband to put on ASAP, informing them that it is what let's security know they're allowed at our event as well as what let's the lunch service crew & security know they're OK to be in the chow line, too. Prepays will also receive a single $2 raffle ticket. To be considered for this position, you will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. We expect we’ll need your assistance until about 12:30.

* flukewrx (Tim)
1. XxSti05xX
2. G Ride
3. thetwin25
4. Andrew M

RAFFLE TICKET SALES

Are you outgoing? Have a knack for sales? Then we want you! Sometimes, you will sell tickets at the raffle booth near the check-in & Tshirt/hoodie area. Other times, you will walk throughout the venue –- carshow, vendor row, picnic pavilions, etc. –- to sell tickets. You’ll roam with a team member and/or security staff.

We’ll have at least two shifts for this crew, as you’ll be selling from “gates open” right up until the raffle drawing. This is a VITAL team for the event since charitable giving is a HUGE part of why we hold this annual meet. And the raffle is simply a really fun way to draw in donation funds. To be considered for this position, you likely will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. First shift goes from 10:15 to 12:30; second one goes from 12:30 to 2:45.

* Jamison Casey (norcalbro)
1.matt ishii (theoutbackdream)
2.andrew nguyen (av3rag3)
3.kanwar dhami (kamnewton)
4.anthony heng (xhengmanx)
5.zac oshri (oshrizak)
6.erik haccou (leaferiksin)
7.brendan bannister (Brendanthegreat)
8.Andrea Ferreira (not on Iclub)

T-SHIRT & HOODIE DISTRIBUTION

Duh?!? You will help distribute the event apparel -- Tees N hoodies. You'll verify pre-orders from the list of what type, quantity & size of item(s) that a person ordered. You will also sell the VERY LIMITED amount of official apparel that will available for purchase at BAM. To be considered for this position, you will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. We expect we’ll need your assistance until about 12:30.

* OneManArmy (Ray)
1. 04GG
2. reign

GRILL COOKS

Since we're BBQing, we're going to need quite a several people to man the grills. Each person will cook for a MAXIMUM of 1.5 hour at a time. In the past, people have worked the grill for a good 3 hours or more! We don’t want to overwork anyone. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated! We really need you guys, so thanks again in advance! More info pending…

Please note that the veggie option must be cooked on a separate grill using separate grilling tools! Thank you.

* de_engineered (Kyle)
1. dozer116
2. Melody
3. per/pet/ual
4. mlb414
5. 04GG
6. SkizzDawg
7. 02RS25

FOOD & BEV SERVICE

This crew will simply be working the chow line a la school lunch lady style. All attendees who enter the food service line MUST be wearing an event wristband. A security volunteer or I will be marking wristbands as an attendee comes through. More info pending…

* boardoholic (Cliff)
1. beLittled
2. Blazingbuda40
3. zamorajoel
4. Connor Z
5. Dylan Z
6. Sakura Z
7. mahanse
8. Sakai530
9. Calrex

CLEAN-UP (aka Garbage & Recycling)

Looking for people that are willing to lend a hand with keeping the park clean during the event as well as staying a little after to make sure it is tidy. We are all adults and can put trash in the proper place, so it should not be that big of an issue. I know it's not the most desirable job, but someone has to take care of it and many hands make light work. Don't forget that volunteering gives you access to the extra color and styles of shirts and hoodies along with that sense of helping out the i-club community!

* Goss408 (Chris)
1. 04GG
2. cntrdcn86
3. 02RS25
4. corpsewheelie

SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or they cannot get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

* bluwrxwgn (Justin)
1. runboyrun
2. LOLFUNCTION
3. 1FSTREX
+ A couple folks that you will not know are security personnel, so no stealing itshay or no actin' a fool!

Last edited by boardoholic; 08-23-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 PM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STI
Awesome! I can't wait for another great event

C'mon and sign up, people!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Slowly
Didn't even have to reply! Haha. Guess my grill work spoke for itself last year! I can also show up early and help with parking and stay late and help with clean up if we don't get enough volunteers in those areas.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester XT
I got parking this year!! I can be there early :-)
Old 08-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
I'll do raffle sales again all day if needed! I've helped out the last 2-3 years doing it so might as well continue
Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 2014 subaru wrx
This is on a Sunday correct?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Down for helping with security again.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
RAFFLE TICKET SALES
Report times will be posted soon.

* Jamison Casey (norcalbro)
1.matt ishii (theoutbackdream)
2.andrew nguyen (av3rag3)
3.kanwar dhami (kamnewton)
4.anthony heng (xhengmanx)
5.zac oshri (oshrizac)
6.erik haccou (leaferiksin)
7.brendan bannister (Brendanthegreat)
8.Andrea Ferreira (not on Iclub)

Last edited by norcalbro; 08-14-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:21 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
I'll do parking with tunaboi
Old 08-08-2014, 08:01 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
If you need any help lmk.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or they cannot get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

* bluwrxwgn (Justin)
1. runboyrun
+ A couple folks that you will not know are security personnel, so no stealing itshay or no actin' a fool!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Parking You will need to be there early! I will need 3 people to help me out this year. A separate thread will be up within the next week. Anyone interested can PM me or post here. You will miss caravanning. Btw. Perks of this job is that you'll be done early in the day. 1)AWDORGTFO
2) Sakai530
3)WRXBOOST10

Last edited by Heedz; 08-08-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

OP updated...

Sakai530 & awdorgtfo to Parking
theoutbackdream, av3rag3, kamnewton, xhengmanx to Raffle Tix Sales
2 add'l spots added to Raffle Tix Sales
runboyrun to Security
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
Will our BAM-B-Q be grand? Of course it will. Will you fine chefs step up to the plate so others can get some food on theirs? Of course you will as well. Let yourselves be known!

1. dozer116
2. Melody
3. per/pet/ual
4. mlb414
5. 04GG
6. SkizzDawg
7. 02RS25

Update: One more. Seems the cleaners are all up in the grill, and the grillers are all up in the cleaning. Hmmmm.

Last edited by de_engineered; 08-15-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Glory, honor, and hot dogs.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Heedz
Parking

1) Sakai530
2) awdorgtfo
3)
Updated that for you. Only one spot left.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your 2014 BAM Volunteer Sign-up Thread