The worst school shooting to date...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Is it easier to kill 20 people with a gun or with a knife? Are you more likely to stop an attacker who has a knife or an attacker with a gun?

Yes, people will still kill other people if they want to, but guns make it a helluva lot easier, dont ya think?

Do you think the legal procurement of fire arms is going to stop someone that is A. a criminal B. crazy an intent to kill?

No. The dude in oregon stole the AR. If you want to kill a bunch of people you will find a way. Would you rather it be bombs full of nails? Grenades? Gas?

Gun control has ZERO to do with this. ZERO.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 02RS25
people kill people. not guns, knives, etc. hell you could do the same damage with your own 2 hands. but the principal is still there.
Seriously. We are talking about CHILDREN here. You could have walked in there with a machete and killed all those people. Are there machete laws? Should you not be able to go get a machete if you need one? A axe? Or how about a pool stick?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 PM
General Pimpin'

I understand your point as well, but to the parents who lost their kids today (or in previous incidents), the possibility that fewer lives might have been lost (even if it was just 1 child) is probably more than enough motivation to restrict firearms.

At this point, I'm just willing to agree that we disagree.

I DID grow up in a country where firearms are outlawed, and I recognize how that fact (in all likely hood) affects my views on mass killings.
Fire arms ARE restricted.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
I understand your point as well, but to the parents who lost their kids today (or in previous incidents), the possibility that fewer lives might have been lost (even if it was just 1 child) is probably more than enough motivation to restrict firearms.

At this point, I'm just willing to agree that we disagree.

I DID grow up in a country where firearms are outlawed, and I recognize how that fact (in all likely hood) affects my views on mass killings.
Do the families of the 22 stabbed children have enough motivation to want to have knife control policies?

Or because it was a knife and it was harder to do, its not enough?

Its not about the weapon used is the point we are trying to get across
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Adam, younger brother did it. Apparently he had OCD and Aspergers.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by slugrx
Do the families of the 22 stabbed children have enough motivation to want to have knife control policies?

Or because it was a knife and it was harder to do, its not enough?

Its not about the weapon used is the point we are trying to get across
I understand that, but my train of thought goes like this:

1) Insane **** shows up intending to kill people
2) It takes police "X" minutes to respond to the scene
3) The number of people killed in those X minutes depends on the kind of weapon used, no?

I am not in any way, disagreeing with the fact that there needs to be a simultaneous increased awareness by society on the issue of mental health. I have had my own battles and ghosts with depression and suicide. I know it can be a ****ed up place to be if there's no one around to help you (Which appears to be a major factor in all shootings).

Again, I think we should agree to disagree on the issue. If it was that easily solved, I sure as hell hope society would've figured it out by now!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Very sad for sure
Old 12-14-2012, 01:49 PM

Administration should have guns themselves. That would weed out all of these money grubbing administrations.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
The way I see it is, if that same crazy person was intending to kill people, he wouldn't go to any place where there were legally carried firearms...

Look at the places of these mass murders? Movie theater, mall, schools - all places where guns are strictly banned...a crazy person won't follow that law so its the perfect place to kill a bunch of unarmed individuals..

You don't see mass shootings at events/places where there is a legal armed presence
Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I understand that, but my train of thought goes like this:

1) Insane **** shows up intending to kill people
2) It takes police "X" minutes to respond to the scene
3) The number of people killed in those X minutes depends on the kind of weapon used, no?
No. If the guy drove a car bomb or a truck full of fuel into the building and blew kids up then there is no time to respond. Time to respond has nothing to do with it either because that is a fact of life - emergency cannot respond instantly. You can't outlaw all of the ways that someone might kill people. If the guy in Oregon drove a car into a mall and killed 2 people and himself, would that have make ANY difference to why it happened or how fast the response was?

There was a thing in china I think earlier this year where a dude killed 8 or 9 people with knives in just a few minutes, so is that "acceptable"? Doesn't mean he would have killed more or less with a gun, but the point is, he still killed people.

Last edited by 04GG; 12-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Ez fix, have 2 security with guns at every school. Wewt, come shoot in this school now biatch! Money provided by the state for $300k each school to hire 2 of them. More jobs!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG

No. If the guy drove a car bomb or a truck full of fuel into the building and blew kids up then there is no time to respond. Time to respond has nothing to do with it either because that is a fact of life - emergency cannot respond instantly. You can't outlaw all of the ways that someone might kill people. If the guy in Oregon drove a car into a mall and killed 2 people and himself, would that have make ANY difference to why it happened or how fast the response was?

There was a thing in china I think earlier this year where a dude killed 8 or 9 people with knives in just a few minutes, so is that "acceptable"? Doesn't mean he would have killed more or less with a gun, but the point is, he still killed people.
Not acceptable by any means, but the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM

^Dreamin' kid. LoL "Lesser of the 2 evils" we can agree to disagree.

Creating some sort of gun control when bad guys just get guns by other means doesn't fix the problem. Guns exist now, now what do you do to combat that? It sure as heck no way you're going to get rid of firearms. Kind of like Alcohol, it's here, isn't leaving, so figure out another mean of fixing the issue rather than making some folks more vulnerable.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Not acceptable by any means, but the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.
I understand where you are coming from because the potential IS there, but there are all kinds of other factors too. Regardless of how, could something like this have been prevented? Whether it is preventing this individual from having weapons or getting him some mental care, and how do we go about that? Crazy people usually don't think they are crazy. That's what we need to figure out, and there is no simple answer to that.

By all accounts, the guy in Aurora wasn't crazy. Everything he had was legal and he had little more than traffic tickets in his past. It is impossible to determine who will do this.

Last edited by 04GG; 12-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
^Dreamin' kid. LoL "Lesser of the 2 evils" we can agree to disagree.

Creating some sort of gun control when bad guys just get guns by other means doesn't fix the problem. Guns exist now, now what do you do to combat that? It sure as heck no way you're going to get rid of firearms. Kind of like Alcohol, it's here, isn't leaving, so figure out another mean of fixing the issue rather than making some folks more vulnerable.
I stopped reading at dreaming kid, don't expect me to pay attention to your points if you can't keep up with a civil discussion, kid.

Quick Reply: The worst school shooting to date...