Window Tint Fix it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by Heedz
What are you referring to?

Anything that is recorded in your car is your property so you can do whatever you want with it, it's listed in the same section CVC 26708 or whatever it is.
I'm not sure if CHP is even allowed to be doing what they are doing to those guys, pretty sure they are to stick to the highways unless a chase takes them off the highway or they are in the process of getting back on the highway. If you caught them trolling around neighborehoods you might be able to send in a tape of it and get them in trouble, not sure though. would be pretty funny if you could.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
isnt there some type of regulation that says that any type of police enforcement cannot get you just for tint, as there MUST be a Moving violation (such as speeding, tailgating, etc.)?

Just curious as i think i read this awhile back somewhere.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
I'm not sure if CHP is even allowed to be doing what they are doing to those guys, pretty sure they are to stick to the highways unless a chase takes them off the highway or they are in the process of getting back on the highway. If you caught them trolling around neighborehoods you might be able to send in a tape of it and get them in trouble, not sure though. would be pretty funny if you could.
No they are, CHP has jurisdiction anywhere, but so does any cop after 9/11, a guy I knew from HS was trying to fight a ticket back in the day because it was issued with HMBPD, where I live is unincorporated and his push was that he was out of jurisdiction, didn't work because it was ruled that it doesn't matter there the borders are or something like that. Yeah it is California Highway Patrol but you gotta remember It's our state police.

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
isnt there some type of regulation that says that any type of police enforcement cannot get you just for tint, as there MUST be a Moving violation (such as speeding, tailgating, etc.)?

Just curious as i think i read this awhile back somewhere.
You know what, I'm pretty sure I've heard that from a Sheriff also.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Car Info: '00 S2K, '10 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If you pull it off and get it signed off I think it's still $25 per offense.

If you don't pull it and you just pay the fine it'll say that right on your ticket. Last time I checked I think it was around $180.

I've got to get my redone. My front windows are pealing and I highly doubt that omega will warranty them 10 years later. LOL!
All of my jobs are warranty for life. Give me a call and come on by.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
Originally Posted by chewy88
Not sure if you guys know this, but it is actually illegal to have the front passenger and driver's side windows tinted.

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
actually its not illegal. theres a percentage allowed for the front. read the cvc before posting.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
i always just forged a fake signature, put the offense code on it, and signed a date, as soon as they see the $25 cash they dont care whats written on the back.. but i finally decided to take it off after having to do this 5 times haha..
Old 07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by luckistryke
All of my jobs are warranty for life. Give me a call and come on by.
LOL! I wouldn't make you do that man! It's literally been 10 years. But that's very stand up of you. That's part of why I have referred so many folks your way over the years... that and I've never seen cleaner edges.

I wish I could afford to have you redo them ceramic. But I'm not quite balling like I used to be.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 07-06-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by GD916
i always just forged a fake signature, put the offense code on it, and signed a date, as soon as they see the $25 cash they dont care whats written on the back.. but i finally decided to take it off after having to do this 5 times haha..
I'd be careful volunteering information like that. That's a major offense and could quite honestly lead to jail time and huge fines.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2007 UGM Subaru Impreza STi, 2011 Legacy 2.5i
Cvc 26708...

From CVC Section 26708 Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver x2019 s View...

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun’s harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the installing company and the material’s manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material’s manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer’s instructions meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the material’s manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
if its 88 percent transmittance, that means all factory cars are illegal as they have a 70% tint already.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
The glass should be 88% and the UV glaze over it reduces it down to 70%. Something like that.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
Had my ticket signed yesterday. Tint put on today by these mobile guys. $35 A window any %. Great work and i have yet to find a bubble! Id definitely recommend them.

1-(408)-903-8597

Premium Window Tint | Mobile Window Tinting
Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
UPDATE: Just received the ticket in the mail, the Fine with proof of correction is $25.
The fine with no proof of correction is $204.
In total i spent $95 getting my windows re-tinted and the ticket fines paid off. So it is a lot cheaper then paying the actual fine.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by Demerson
UPDATE: Just received the ticket in the mail, the Fine with proof of correction is $25.
The fine with no proof of correction is $204.
In total i spent $95 getting my windows re-tinted and the ticket fines paid off. So it is a lot cheaper then paying the actual fine.

good to know.. hopefully its the last 95 bucks you'd have to spend. isn't after awhile of same citation, you would get a fatter fine? im not too sure.. just askin..
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 05 WRXie
Originally Posted by GD916
that is classic!!! i have always wondered about that, if they double check to see if its legit. because they usually just check to see if its signed and give you the lesser fine. never had the ***** to try it out hahah glad to know it works

Quick Reply: Window Tint Fix it ticket