Window Tint Fix it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:08 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
Yeah i figure it was mainly because of his attitude, this is the first ticket ive ever gotten too :P
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 AM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
I know a guy that does window tints for $25 each

The quality of work is excellent and I believe they offer life time warranty
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
My buddy just got one about a month ago and got the ticket said $600 to pay it off. It used to be about $150.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
That's why I went with just 50% on my fronts on this car and my previous one. Was pulled over in both and the cops never said anything about it.

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Yup, it's just about $200 as I just paid it a few months ago ($194.00 to be exact). I didn't feel like sitting in court all day to try and fight it as I was far too busy with work that day.
Fight what? Tint on the driver and passenger windows is illegal, period. So if one chooses to do it, the darker you go, the more likely you are to get a ticket for it. I got this ticket before too, for my g/f's car which we had at like 20%. Got pulled over for it twice within a few weeks.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Navysesal

Wheres this guy located?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 AM

I had 35 in the front for maybe 5 months and just got pulled over.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Ecks769
My buddy just got one about a month ago and got the ticket said $600 to pay it off. It used to be about $150.
Did he have it on his windshield?

I can tell you that your friend either got ripped off or is 100% full of **** on exactly what violation he received.

Unless the tripled the fees since 2011. I try to keep up on my codes.

VC26708: Unlawful material on vehicle windows. $114 I think is the fine. Plus fees depending on the county it goes form about $178-194.

So unless he got some other fee or a MULTIPLE of fines there is no way in hell it cost him $600.

There are very few fines that cost over $600 and all of them have to do with things like passing red lights on school buses or parking in handicap or fire spots.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Demerson
I had 35 in the front for maybe 5 months and just got pulled over.
Yeah I've run 20 in the back and 35 in the front of every car I've owned for the last 15 years. My wife got tagged once. I never have. I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

I have been pulled for exhaust on my suby twice and no plate twice. My previous car I go well over 10 fix its on.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by 04GG
That's why I went with just 50% on my fronts on this car and my previous one. Was pulled over in both and the cops never said anything about it.

Fight what? Tint on the driver and passenger windows is illegal, period. So if one chooses to do it, the darker you go, the more likely you are to get a ticket for it. I got this ticket before too, for my g/f's car which we had at like 20%. Got pulled over for it twice within a few weeks.
Unless you have an OLD doctors note. Sometimes will get dismissed in court.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Did he have it on his windshield?

I can tell you that your friend either got ripped off or is 100% full of **** on exactly what violation he received.

Unless the tripled the fees since 2011. I try to keep up on my codes.

VC26708: Unlawful material on vehicle windows. $114 I think is the fine. Plus fees depending on the county it goes form about $178-194.

So unless he got some other fee or a MULTIPLE of fines there is no way in hell it cost him $600.

There are very few fines that cost over $600 and all of them have to do with things like passing red lights on school buses or parking in handicap or fire spots.
Seems like other violations added, windshield tint violation is $300 last I know of someone getting busted for it.

Yeah I've run 20 in the back and 35 in the front of every car I've owned for the last 15 years. My wife got tagged once. I never have. I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

I have been pulled for exhaust on my suby twice and no plate twice. My previous car I go well over 10 fix its on.
I usually run 5% all around with 50% windshield, still once a year pull overs. Got tired of it so I swapped the fronts to 30% no issues whatsoever so far. Although my last pullover was, it is abnormal for people to be driving on the freeway with the windows down...... Im sorry I live on the coast as 75 degrees at 8pm isnt normal for me. Plus Milpitas smells like ****.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 PM
General Pimpin'

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I'd tell that person to **** off! That is not a valid reason to pull someone over.

Yeah it coulda gone up but not to $600. But that dollar amount is as of 1/1/12 so it shouldn't have gone up much. County fees could alter it up over $200 but not $600.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
Originally Posted by Navysesal

where and who is this guy you speak of?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I'd tell that person to **** off! That is not a valid reason to pull someone over.

Yeah it coulda gone up but not to $600. But that dollar amount is as of 1/1/12 so it shouldn't have gone up much. County fees could alter it up over $200 but not $600.
He had to add in no front plate after that so I gave him a word AFTER the ticket was signed stating that a rolled down window does no constitute window tint nor did he see me with the tint because the window was never up in his presence and was down since I got in the car, you made your own assumptions without me even rolling the windows up. He also accused me of scanning police frequencies. What a load of ****, it's a damn fire pager it says it right on the serial number what department the one way belongs to. That guy just needs to burn.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Heedz
He had to add in no front plate after that so I gave him a word AFTER the ticket was signed stating that a rolled down window does no constitute window tint nor did he see me with the tint because the window was never up in his presence and was down since I got in the car, you made your own assumptions without me even rolling the windows up. He also accused me of scanning police frequencies. What a load of ****, it's a damn fire pager it says it right on the serial number what department the one way belongs to. That guy just needs to burn.
What a douche....all the firefighter related stickers, etc you have on your car and he didn't realize? Police like that really make me hate law enforcement sometimes becuase they can just give you all this BS and not really have to have proof cuz they are the "law"
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Heedz
Unless you have an OLD doctors note. Sometimes will get dismissed in court.
I am pretty sure the law actually states that a doctor's note is not a valid reason. So if you went to court, just like with your douche cop, it depends on the judge. I have had judges who were cool and others who were asshats. I've gotten cops who weren't dicks too, but every once in a while you get one of those. When I went to get my stuff signed off, the officer said "Was it a guy who looked like this...?" and I said "YES". He said. "Yeah, I know that guy, he's a jerk about stuff like that."

Last edited by 04GG; 06-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah. My brother in law is a LEO and he actually got tagged not to long ago. Instead of giving him a ticket he put a tag on his record saying he got pulled over and warned... worse than just getting a ticket. B.S.

Guess it's better to mess with cops that do real work and make yourself feel more powerful than it is to cut em slack and show "professional courtesy" LOL.

Mind you my brother in law was on the gang task force in fresno.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Fix it ticket