Warriors thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX
The starters didn't look great against the Lithuanian team. Too many turnovers
Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Car Info: Betty
so is nelson starting over cj and williams? williams doesn't look too bright in the recent interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf4pAO_J8M8
Old 10-24-2008, 10:02 PM

CJ is out so it looks like Nelson will be starting at the season. CJ fell pretty bad, he may be out for a while. Too bad too I think he's got talent. We'll see what the rookie Nelson can do.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:09 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
Open practice tomorrow sunday 10/26 at Oracle Arena. From 1:30-2:30.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 PM

wow the warriors really suck this season. It's almost the end of the 1st quarter against the Nuggets and they only have 15 points.

Last year and the year before they averaged like 30+ pts a quarter now they can't score for shizz.

I'm guessing this season the Warriors are going to be the lowest scoring team in the league (hell they lost to Memphis for crying out loud).

Even though Baron sucks for leaving the team, he really messed up the balance and chemistry of the Warriors (and the Clippers lol).
Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 AM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
wow the warriors really suck this season. It's almost the end of the 1st quarter against the Nuggets and they only have 15 points.

insert foot in mouf please
Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by fizay
insert foot in mouf please
haha fell asleep at halftime, but I will gladly put foot in mouth if the Warriors win again and again
Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Man they are playing the rookies but there's no one that can put up 20+. It's going to be hard to get to .500 with that line up...too bad we can't get jrich back
Old 11-15-2008, 02:56 PM

haha at Baron

Anthony Morrow for 37 pts and 10 rebounds
Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
yeah dude..Anthony got off....thats his 71% from the field showing...and YES im LMAO at baron as well...
Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Wow, looks like we got another problem on our hands. Monta Ellis is pulling an Al Harrington/Stephon Marbury on the Warriors. Rumor has it he wants to be traded.

From this website:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/03/06/r.../?extpar=fanho

A few alarmists sounded bells before Monta Ellis rejoined the Warriors post-suspension. Well, Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News sounded the bells. Kawakami repeated his opinion that Ellis would eventually come to blows with the franchise over their suspension and their threat to void his contract over that mo-ped accident. Once Ellis returned to the court all smiles and driving lay-ups, Kawakami calmed a bit but still held that Ellis' mood could turn this summer ... if the Warriors didn't have a change of heart first.

Now Kawakami's colleague Marcus Thompson III of the Contra Costa Times reports that Ellis has left the team in protest for a week, and is noticeably discontented in team interactions.

To be honest, I understand where Ellis' rage comes from. It comes from fear and mistrust. Chris Cohan has reserved the right to void the rest of Monta's $66 million contract. The team has already taken $3 million of the first year's $11 million because of the accident that cost Ellis half his season. Ellis, by accounts still on a gimpy ankle, is playing right now with no assurance he'll have a contract this summer ... as the league slips into its share of the global financial Armageddon. Yeah, I'd be worried too.

Don Nelson has (apparently) turned into an unlikely ally of upper management, which means he's on the wrong side of Ellis, from Ellis' viewpoint. And Nellie isn't trying to win above all else. The "youth movement" (even though Ellis is still a kid) doesn't bode well for someone who may or may not be playing for a new contract.

Thompson reports that Ellis ditched the team photo last week, has talked about trade demands on the court, and has been chronically late to practices and shoot-arounds. This week, he skipped Golden State's four-game road trip due to injury ... but packed up some luggage to head off somewhere. His agent tells Thompson that Ellis will be back in Oakland when the Warriors get there, but this looks like it's all going downhill fast.

If the Warriors end up voiding Ellis' contract, he won't likely get $55 million in this market. But $40-45 million for five years seems doable, depending on what the tape shows about his ankle. (I watched 1-1/2 of his return games; to be honest, the ankle didn't stand out, which tells me it's not too bad. Or I was drunk and drooling over Anthony Randolph. One of those.) Obviously, should the Warriors tear up the contract, Ellis would sue the Warriors, maybe for the difference in his current deal and whatever new deal he signs. Perhaps Golden State will look to trade him first, though I don't imagine too many teams (as lust-worthy as Ellis has been) want to help the Warriors fix a problem so easily.

Management may have screwed another one up, but I find myself a bit on their side instead of Ellis. He messed up, got hurt in the offseason, and is now pissed because the Warriors are punishing him (30 day suspension in the beginning of the season, and holding some of his pay). He can't expect to have no repercussions because he was being stupid and injure himself. Plus he hasn't even played for most of the season, affecting the team and their performance.

So like the article above, I don't think anybody's going to risk getting Ellis for that kind of money on a gimpy ankle, which most likely will result in the Warriors voiding his contract and an ensuing lawsuit.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Forgot to mention, that I guess the plus side to dumping Ellis and his contract is that we could make a bid for a superstar in 2010. But the downside is that nobody would want to come to the Warriors lol
Old 03-07-2009, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Back to the Dark Ages

Yup, the front office is basically sending a message to the rest of the league to stay away from Oakland. Who the hell would want to be apart of this dysfunctional organization? All the problems start at the top.

And to add more positive news, there are reports that the rotating "sit-a-vet" plan stems from Nellie telling Crawford to opt out at the end of the season. The idea is to not have it appear that Jamal is the odd man out. While I think it would be best for the Dubs and Jamal to part ways, this is just a bad situation any way you look at it.

I'm starting to jump on the D-Bruce bandwagon: The Bay needs to stop being complacent with mediocre/sub-par teams. We deserve better!

But even as I say this, I'll probably catch the game tonight. Just the fan in me
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleSpec

And to add more positive news, there are reports that the rotating "sit-a-vet" plan stems from Nellie telling Crawford to opt out at the end of the season. The idea is to not have it appear that Jamal is the odd man out. While I think it would be best for the Dubs and Jamal to part ways, this is just a bad situation any way you look at it.
I thought the rotate starters thing was basically so they can "lose" games to get a better position in the lottery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...PERDiem-090303
Old 03-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
That's probably it. Who knows if all of the reports are fabricated by the media or just frustration by the players/staff. Bottom line is that this team is down in the dumps with any kind of hope fading away.

Plus the draft doesn't look too promising, close to little or no chance getting Blake Griffin and Nellie won't give PT to unpolished rookies. Goodbye We Believe Movement, hello We Suck Movement.

Quick Reply: Warriors thread