UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If the ufc is going to give so much credit to take down they should give credit for clear stuffs.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:51 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Typical ref Ray... Kist lime they give wrestlers fights for holding opponents down all rounds... Weak
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If the ufc is going to give so much credit to take down they should give credit for clear stuffs.
It comes down to MMA judging. The system favors wrestlers because takedowns and lnp wins. I am glad they are starting to stand up wrestlers that just lay there now though. Baby steps I guess..
Old 09-20-2011, 11:56 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah. I can't stand fighters that are clearly trying to win on points. Move a lot. Throw jabs that don't land or when the do you eat a hook. Take downs. Etc.guida is a prime example. I don't mind it when guys do it to make damage or set up harder hits.

I watched the fight with maynard again last night as well. That was a legit draw but it sucks for gray. He spend his wad in r1 and showed mad heart going 5. I think the fight should have been stopped. He was clearly ducking and covering. I saw 4 fights last night stopped for less.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Watch Guida vs Pettis... So frustrating ..I mean it's a style of fighting. Have good takedown defense at dnt allow ur opponent to dictate the fight.. Wrestling is an art just like bjj... It wasn't that long that people didn't understand bjj and why men were rolling around in tights .. If they dont want to get controlled on the ground they NEED wrestling .. I wrestled 3 yrs in middle school and three at whs.. Our and alot of yhe times during my sparring sessions I get the upper hand cause that ground game is crussial... I'm not saying I'm some big mma fighter but my bjj has gotten alot better because of my wrestling background..
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Hendo was just re signed to the UFC for 4 fights...he makes he "re debut" in San Jose vs Rua... Same evens with Cung Le and Belfort.. The same card that WAS gonna have Cain vs JDS... the card would have been stacked from bottom to end..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM

haha cung just got saved by Dana. He might have a shot now.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 09-21-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
WANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:30 PM

Much better opponent... I can see Le picking him apart..
Old 09-22-2011, 04:06 PM

I dont know about picking him apart but Wandys chin is definitely glass now. I still dont get the Cung hype with his hardest fight being Scott Smith. If he beats Wandy, people are going to be thinking Cung is the second coming of Jesus when really Wandy is 4-5 fights from retiring and waaaaaaay past his prime.

Either way I root for the Axe murderer.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM

No matter what achievements the guy accomplishes u wnt be happy.. Wether he beats wandy... Belfort there will just be an excuse... Dont hate man... Just enjoy the fights..

Wandy should retire .. But it doesn't mean Le is young... He is up there in age too. It's not like it's this young guy vs old guy ... They both like to stand and strike except clung is much sharper.. Come on Leben one of the weakest boxing out boxed Wandy..wanna put cash on it? 

Last edited by CaliSuby; 09-22-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
No matter what achievements the guy accomplishes u wnt be happy.. Wether he beats wandy... Belfort there will just be an excuse... Dont hate man... Just enjoy the fights..

Wandy should retire .. But it doesn't mean Le is young... He is up there in age too. It's not like it's this young guy vs old guy ... They both like to stand and strike except clung is much sharper.. Come on Leben one of the weakest boxing out boxed Wandy..wanna put cash on it? 
lol you think Leben is weak? I dont even.. Leben has proved hes got heavy hands and a chin to boot. Cung has proved he can be fed opponents by SF much like Brett Rodgers was to make look good. Hes a C class fighter and a C class actor.

I dont hate Cung Le. Im just a realist when it comes to recognizing his skill level and it isnt UFC belt worthy. At best he is a gatekeeper and a draw for the vietnamese/asian community.

Also outboxing Wandy isnt that hard to do now with his lack of chin and timing on his haymakers. The winner gets to Belfort and gets their **** pushed in so it doesnt matter either way.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Leben? Weak boxing?
Maybe "non technical", but "weak"?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:45 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Leben? Weak boxing?
Maybe "non technical", but "weak"?
I have to agree with you.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Man, Takanori Gomi just got owned by Nate Diaz in both the standup and the ground.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread