UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
rematch in 6 months? lol
Doubt it. No draw. Okami was outmatched in the first fight and waaaaaay outmatched in the second.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Diaz and GSP cancelled.. Diaz failed to attend any press meetings so Carlos Condit will take over.. Weak!!!!! I wonder whats up with Diaz even Gracie said he doesn't know where he is... He sometime worries me, I think he has like some demons haunting him.. He never seems all there.. Like his mind is off somewhere else.. He seems like depressed.. He wanted to fight gsp.. He isn't afraid of him so what led to him not showing up and going MIA? Sucks cause he is Ine of my favorite fighters of all time..
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Condit is exciting but he's gonna get worked.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

Car Info: ...
don't they both train at jacksons also? i wonder who he is going to corner...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
The Diaz brothers are just terribly unprofessional. Not only did Nick Diaz cheat himself out of a huge fight, he cheated all the fans hoping to watch a great match.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Kinda stupid, but Condit and Diaz are basically switching places now. Nick Diaz will be fighting Bj Penn and Condit fighting GSP.

Makes u wonder if Diaz is scared of facing GSP or he's just plain stupid to give up main event money. Let's just hope he actually shows up to fight Penn lol
Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Kinda stupid, but Condit and Diaz are basically switching places now. Nick Diaz will be fighting Bj Penn and Condit fighting GSP.

Makes u wonder if Diaz is scared of facing GSP or he's just plain stupid to give up main event money. Let's just hope he actually shows up to fight Penn lol
I don't think he's scared. The dude is a warrior. I wonder how much of it has to do with his fighting with Strike Force. Him being the man over there and what not. Who knows, maybe the dude has something crazy going on. He worships Gracie. No way he'd let him down like that unless he's as big a POS as everyone thinks he and his brother are.

So far they've both been ISHT talkers but very respectful to the coaches and what not. I like them both both depending on how this rolls out who knows.

Hell, I'd wonder how much Dana paid him to pull a disappearing act. Everyone was talking about how Dana was gonna boot him and then he offers him BJ Penn. Same card. Still huge money. Still a huge notch on the belt if he wins. But Dana doesn't risk as much. If BJ wins the fans are stoked because he beat the dude that "skirted" GSP and everyone loves BJ anyways. If BJ looses it takes pressure of Dana to keep him around.... the washed up stuff comes in to play.

As it is now... the bad boy rep is still in play. He's still got a good fight. He'll still get paid. Etc etc. Him and BJ will be a war because both will stand and bang. He and GSP would be a mind game with some wall hugging and some wrestling and JJ.

Then you toss in the fact that Condit has a smaller chance of winning against GSP... so GSP gets to pad his king of the hill status and put another easy win in the belt as well as juicing up the GSP/Silva talks again.

So far I'm seeing NO negatives for Dana and not to many for Diaz either.
He doesn't give a **** what people think of him as a person anyways.

So... GSP preparing for Diaz... He's basically prepared for Condit. Condit is a bit faster but has a bit less power. But similar styles. Condit is NOT prepared for GSP at all but he's a tough dude and will do his best.

BJ preparing for Condit gets Diaz. Once again... similar.

So... GSP and BJ are both in the advantage.

Still.... No negatives for Dana yet?

See any trends?

My money... Dana is behind this whole deal. HUGE HUGE hype coming in to this fight now. Before... not really. Hell I didn't even realize Condit was fighting BJ.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Dang.... just saw the fight this morning.... wanted Okami to win
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't think he's scared. The dude is a warrior. I wonder how much of it has to do with his fighting with Strike Force. Him being the man over there and what not. Who knows, maybe the dude has something crazy going on. He worships Gracie. No way he'd let him down like that unless he's as big a POS as everyone thinks he and his brother are.

So far they've both been ISHT talkers but very respectful to the coaches and what not. I like them both both depending on how this rolls out who knows.

Hell, I'd wonder how much Dana paid him to pull a disappearing act. Everyone was talking about how Dana was gonna boot him and then he offers him BJ Penn. Same card. Still huge money. Still a huge notch on the belt if he wins. But Dana doesn't risk as much. If BJ wins the fans are stoked because he beat the dude that "skirted" GSP and everyone loves BJ anyways. If BJ looses it takes pressure of Dana to keep him around.... the washed up stuff comes in to play.

As it is now... the bad boy rep is still in play. He's still got a good fight. He'll still get paid. Etc etc. Him and BJ will be a war because both will stand and bang. He and GSP would be a mind game with some wall hugging and some wrestling and JJ.

Then you toss in the fact that Condit has a smaller chance of winning against GSP... so GSP gets to pad his king of the hill status and put another easy win in the belt as well as juicing up the GSP/Silva talks again.

So far I'm seeing NO negatives for Dana and not to many for Diaz either.
He doesn't give a **** what people think of him as a person anyways.

So... GSP preparing for Diaz... He's basically prepared for Condit. Condit is a bit faster but has a bit less power. But similar styles. Condit is NOT prepared for GSP at all but he's a tough dude and will do his best.

BJ preparing for Condit gets Diaz. Once again... similar.

So... GSP and BJ are both in the advantage.

Still.... No negatives for Dana yet?

See any trends?

My money... Dana is behind this whole deal. HUGE HUGE hype coming in to this fight now. Before... not really. Hell I didn't even realize Condit was fighting BJ.
The whole thing is a ****ing hype machine. Dana knows what the **** he is doing. Smart bastard that he is.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.

Ever known him not to show up for a fight?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He worships Gracie. No way he'd let him down like that unless he's as big a POS as everyone thinks he and his brother are.

This article came out before Dana changed the card. Found it interesting.

By Josh Gross, espn:

Mid-morning Wednesday, Lorenzo Fertitta, the cool, calm and collected UFC chairman and CEO, wondered aloud via Twitter whether anyone knew where in the world welterweight Nick Diaz was. That actually happened and, it turns out, wasn't a joke. A few hours later, we all know where Diaz is.

He's nowhere.

He's lost.

Figuratively and perhaps literally lost.

Nope, you won't get to see Nick Diaz fight Georges St. Pierre on Oct. 29 in what many, myself included, held up as one of the most anticipated bouts of 2011. That privilege now belongs to a professional mixed martial artist by the name of Carlos Condit.

So Diaz is out of the fight. Maybe out of the UFC, too. Would you blame the organization? Let's be clear here: What use does the UFC have for amateurs?

It's one thing to be enigmatic. Why are fans so passionate about the man from Stockton, Calif.? Easy answer. He's a fighter. All day. Every day. He says and does what he wants, even if what he says and does is sometimes beyond comprehension, as it was Wednesday, for instance.

Hey, look at the guy. How cool is he? He doesn't take flak from anyone. He cusses, he smokes exotic substances (and doesn't deny it) and seems to live a life in general disarray. But man, can he fight! And boy, is he loyal to the people around him. He's the genuine article, a malcontent you can love.

Or is that past tense now?

The act -- and I don't mean to imply it's an act; it's not -- is, as Gilbert Melendez told me before we all learned of the disappointing news, "classic Nick."

Sure is. The important point to remember, though, is that it works only so long as obligations are met and checks are cashed.

Never before had Diaz been required to meet the kinds of demands that come along with challenging St. Pierre for his UFC welterweight championship.

This is the pinnacle of mixed martial arts and, as it turns out, the highest place from which to fall.

Enigmatic? Yeah, right. Straight up unprofessional. That's what Nick Diaz is. And I'm not even the one saying it -- although I absolutely agree.

This is his manager, trainer and frustrated friend Cesar Gracie talking. The man who awarded Diaz a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and stuck beside him when the best win of his career disappeared in a cloud of pungent smoke. The same Gracie who went to war with the California State Athletic Commission in Diaz's defense. The man who stood with Diaz after the unfortunate brawl on network television that pushed MMA right off network television (let's be fair, Diaz was a victim of circumstances that night, although images of him rearing back to punch Jason Miller still linger in the atmosphere). This is Gracie talking, not me. Gracie, who not so many months ago pulled a brilliant move by influencing Diaz away from a floundering promotion onto the sport's biggest stage against arguably it's most dominant athlete.

Now what? Slam your head into a wall. That's what.

Nick Diaz is supposed to be a 28-year-old man, which is something Gracie reminded me of after word broke that the fight was off. In reality, we all know he's a child. He thought he knew what he wanted. He got it. He couldn't handle the responsibility and failed. This was basic. Car payment and making rent basic.

If you're a professional fighter, you show up to news conferences. You make flights and handle your business. That's what you get paid for. The fighting, as Chuck Liddell so often said, is the fun stuff. That's all it seems Diaz is equipped to do. And, sorry, it's just not enough anymore.

When talking about Nick Diaz, UFC president Dana White often referenced the fighter's inability to "play the game." There are several ways to read into that, but in the most real sense, doing whatever it is you said you would do is what matters. It's the mundane stuff, because who wants to do that? No one. But people do it because the dance falls to pieces otherwise.

It's too late to salvage this disaster, but maybe -- dare I say hopefully -- Diaz will come to understand the reality. I don't have any inkling that he will.

He screwed up. He got what he deserved. That's not me saying this. That's his people saying this. Diaz disappointed his closest friends, his allies, his teammates. These are the people he always speaks so glowingly about. They're the ones, he says, who matter most. Hey Nick, they're the ones who matter most! And yet here you are, failing on so many levels to live up to the promises you made.

Forget for a moment about doing what your promoter required of you, even if it is the most powerful entity in the sport and decided to pay you a lot of money and offer an unprecedented opportunity. But what about the guys in the room? The Cesar Gracie family? Oh, how Diaz disappointed them.

And what of the fans who were so vocal in their desire to see Diaz fight St. Pierre in the UFC? They're as responsible for making the fight as Gracie was with his masterful contractual parlor tricks. How are they supposed to feel?

All of that energy and time and money. Gone without a return because Nick Diaz couldn't be bothered to get to Toronto and Las Vegas and actually earn his keep.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
General Pimpin'

The part that gets me is the last line... all that money and time gone without a return.

BS. The UFC is getting so much press because of this. They are getting more value from this than they could have hoped for. And there is NO WAY Condit would draw with GSP this kind of hype any other way...

Play it like this... Condit beat BJ so next up is GSP. Where is the hype in that fight? Most UFC fans don't even follow Condit. He's just a tool for Dana to show that they got some quality guys when they shut down the WEC.

Play it like this... Condit looses to GSP... so who fights GSP next... BJ? Don't think he'd want to at this point. But if he did... another block buster with PLENTY of time to build up for Dana.

I'm just not buying it. Diaz loves to fight. No way he dumps this fight unless he's going through some serious mental/emotional isht that will come out later. He doesn't like the press days but I don't see him dumping those either... money.

Yeah the guy is a **** talker but in the fight game he's always been a guy that through down regardless.

i just don't see Dana putting him on the SAME card he was gonna fight on before if he didn't have something to do with this.

The UFC is pushing the limits of where ProBoxing went... I honestly believe their are UFC corporate favorites and if the opportunity is there judging will reflect that.

And I think it's been there for a LONG time. You think Bonnar could have been the face of the UFC in the public eye like Forest was? No way. Is he the same level fighter... at this point I think he's better. Forest helped give the UFC a friendly goofy face for the social media to respond to.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM

GSP wins...Diaz wins....Big fight between them next....IF GSP wins next for him wuld be SILVA

Overeem and Brock should be interesting too...two huge boys!!

Sonnen and Stann should be good too...

the UFC has some good **** going on now...event he matt hughes vs the Nightmare should have been good..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM

GSP will win by using his jab and wrestling take downs that it!

Diaz will show how much faster he is than BJ (even though i love bj) and out punch him.

Cain will beat on Dos Santos...striking is very similar..but wretling goes to the Salinas guy...

Brock will get KO'd in the first round by overeem..

Stann will get the old "ground and pound" by Sonnen..Leading to a big fight with Silva..

good story lines in all divisions...except the small/light guys...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:49 PM
General Pimpin'

I just watched edger/penn 1 again... I still don't think edger won. Another case of the more active guy getting more credit for no reason. The take down wasn't really a take down. Penn through himself back to avoid damage. The cut under the right eye was from a poke. Ever time edgar landed he ate 3 from lank. I seriously think the fix was in. Worst champion in the division since serra and I like serra. Hell I think penn has won 3 of the fights he's lost on decisions. I give frankie 1 round because of the 5th round take down.

50/45... lol. I watched the fight 3 times now. Don't see it. They don't give counter punching enough cred. Bj clearly knew he was down on speed up on power and accuracy.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 09-19-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread