UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My hope is that JJ makes the mistake of trying to outpatient machida and gets caught.
I'm thinking either this or he tries to wade in and mix it up with Machida and gets caught with either a nasty counter punch or a punch from an unorthodox angle. Essentially, I hope to see Machida use some good tai sabaki (the traditional karate concept of "body managment" akin to what Westerners call "working the angles") to keep JJ at bay or even KO/set up for a TKO.

Either way, should be a fun fight.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
I say machida with a crazy angle counter punch or kick tonthe dome! Whi else on here is going to the UFC in San Jose
Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm looking forward the Sonen/Stann fight. Classic match up of stand up against wrestling.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:10 PM

meh. JJ with a TKO over Machida in the 1st or 2nd round.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
I say machida with a crazy angle counter punch or kick tonthe dome! Whi else on here is going to the UFC in San Jose
Not me. I avoid these events because I know I would end up getting dragged into a fight by the end of the night.

I'm looking forward the Sonen/Stann fight. Classic match up of stand up against wrestling.
Im looking forward to Sonnen getting his head knocked off but I dont think its gonna happen. Its a pretty bad mismatch. Sonnen takes this but if Stann somehow pulls off a triangle or tko, Im gonna die laughing.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Not me. I avoid these events because I know I would end up getting dragged into a fight by the end of the night.

Im looking forward to Sonnen getting his head knocked off but I dont think its gonna happen. Its a pretty bad mismatch. Sonnen takes this but if Stann somehow pulls off a triangle or tko, Im gonna die laughing.
No way he'll catch him in anything wrestling or jj related. No way. It's not like Sonnen has been sitting on his *** for 14 months.

I can see Stann catching him. That dudes hands are fast as hell and his power is straight lethal. I love watching and routing for the dude. Sonnen has been out of the ring for a while so if he gets excited and overcommits Stann could easily catch a piece of his chin.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM

I love Sonnen.. Just cause he is ignorant and backed it up vs Silva no matter what other say... Sonnet will grInd out Stann no problem ..Stann isn't anything crazy YET.. mainly a striker and even then it's not great.. Only guys to EVER give Sonnen problems were BJJ guys ..(Maia, Silva, Forrest Griffin).. Stann is not know for Bjj.. He strikes ..so does silva and he got controlled in the ground, his bjj saved him.. Now Stann has no bjj game, why's gonna help him on the ground vs a high profile wrestler like Sonnen?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Only honest...
Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 AM

No way he'll catch him in anything wrestling or jj related. No way. It's not like Sonnen has been sitting on his *** for 14 months.

I can see Stann catching him. That dudes hands are fast as hell and his power is straight lethal. I love watching and routing for the dude. Sonnen has been out of the ring for a while so if he gets excited and overcommits Stann could easily catch a piece of his chin.
I dunno. Sonnen never learns from his previous mistakes if you go over his fights especially when it comes to triangles lol. The other half of his fights are decisions because of his wrestling. I would certainly like to see him get put to sleep for all the **** he talks, the people he robbed and for trying to get away with trt.

mainly his mouth though.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I'm down in Pismo for my homey's wedding 2mrw, and I went for a run on the beach abt an hr ago. I saw John Hackleman just abt to put a couple guys thru a workout in the sand. Sux that I didn't bring my phone tho. Woulda been cool to get in a quick shot w/ him.

Who else is looking fwd to 2mrw's card?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM

I met him and liddel in Vegas at a Bjj tournament also herb dean... All cool fellas!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
I'm down in Pismo for my homey's wedding 2mrw, and I went for a run on the beach abt an hr ago. I saw John Hackleman just abt to put a couple guys thru a workout in the sand. Sux that I didn't bring my phone tho. Woulda been cool to get in a quick shot w/ him.

Who else is looking fwd to 2mrw's card?
My brother in law is friends with john. Used to train with him and chuck at the pit before it was "the pit". He did chuck pit tattoo. Lol.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Chael Sonnen looking impressive in his win over Stann.

Best part was the interview with Joe:

Joe: Chael, how did u feel about your win?

Chael: *pause* Anderson Silva, you suck!

Me: *ROFLMAO!*

Chael: Super Bowl rematch. But let's up the stakes this time. If I beat you (Silva), you leave the middleweight division. If you beat me, I leave UFC forever.

Wow! lol Charles Barkley was sitting next to Silva cracking up with laughter

Last edited by TurnWRX; 10-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM

the ref is a ****ing retard. stood them up right when stann was attempting to get setup for a submission from guard. wow just wow. good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.
Eh, I see it as just beginning to hype up the rematch between the two. Guarantee their next fight will outsell the previous one. Either way, it's not like Silva is that much different than Sonnen. Sonnen likes to talk trash, Silva likes to show off with in-cage theatrics and disrespectful body language. Both diss their opponents, just in different ways.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread