stock turbo STi hits 12.2 @ 112.5 trap speed(new record)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 02:06 PM

Car Info: .
Point taken.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:27 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by Cobb05STI
um i dont mean to blow your spot up or anything but Meth injection most likly got u there.

Sorry... no meth injection, just a 100 octane tune .
Old 12-09-2006, 03:32 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

this is true a perrin EBCS would have done better.

i wonder if the housing is cracked on the turbo yet?

well congrats anyhow
Why do you think a perrin EBCS would have done better? This car is running a Hallman MBC which will actually beat out any solenoid controlled system in terms of boost response and stability. FYI, the car used to run a GM 3 port solenoid (similar to the perrin unit). Using that solenoid with the factory ECU, we were limited to just around 23psi due to maxxing out the stock MAP sensor. In that state of tune, Sean hit 12.4 @ 110 at infineon on a warmer day. With the MBC, we're boosting a peak of 25psi tapering off to ~14psi by redline. The car picked up almost 30ft-lbs with the additional 2psi in the mid range . The boost recovery after a shift is also greatly improved with the MBC.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Car Info: Impreza WRX
nice.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
i witness sean soo many times.... i was waiting for something like this jus waiting to happen lol..

good stuff sean... now let me drive it ill hit 12 flat for you son
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Car Info: Cobb Stage 2 Walbro255lph, eibach prokit, RCE camber plates, invidia TBE RACE, Black red lip BBSs
Wink

Originally Posted by MethodBuilt
Why do you think a perrin EBCS would have done better? This car is running a Hallman MBC which will actually beat out any solenoid controlled system in terms of boost response and stability. FYI, the car used to run a GM 3 port solenoid (similar to the perrin unit). Using that solenoid with the factory ECU, we were limited to just around 23psi due to maxxing out the stock MAP sensor. In that state of tune, Sean hit 12.4 @ 110 at infineon on a warmer day. With the MBC, we're boosting a peak of 25psi tapering off to ~14psi by redline. The car picked up almost 30ft-lbs with the additional 2psi in the mid range . The boost recovery after a shift is also greatly improved with the MBC.

Thanks
true i retract my preveous statement. well 25 psi is a lot for that poor lil turbo did u try tapering the boost to 15.3 15.5 thats what most guys do. what BOV u running i bileave stock can only hold good till 19.3psi correct me if im wrong. 100 octane is another thing i thought u where on pump gas lol.. i wanna shot for the stars here in NY like your doing and compair times. also did u have a FMIC? do u think u'd gain anything with one if not? i'd be running in New Jersey though the air quality sucks there danm ppl with the polution and power plants lol making are air thicker.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:44 PM

Car Info: Cobb Stage 2 Walbro255lph, eibach prokit, RCE camber plates, invidia TBE RACE, Black red lip BBSs
Originally Posted by MethodBuilt

Thanks

have u seen that new EBC thats out its called a World Electronic Performance i do bileave idk ill double check on that. but it controls waste gate duty cycle and everything it's supposed to be really good. i wonder if the one will help a high 11 run? oh i think its a TC-1 or somthing idk ill look for it again

Last edited by Cobb05STI; 12-10-2006 at 08:45 PM. Reason: idk
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

true i retract my preveous statement. well 25 psi is a lot for that poor lil turbo did u try tapering the boost to 15.3 15.5 thats what most guys do. what BOV u running i bileave stock can only hold good till 19.3psi correct me if im wrong. 100 octane is another thing i thought u where on pump gas lol.. i wanna shot for the stars here in NY like your doing and compair times. also did u have a FMIC? do u think u'd gain anything with one if not? i'd be running in New Jersey though the air quality sucks there danm ppl with the polution and power plants lol making are air thicker.
Just double checked the logs, and the car is actually holding ~15.5psi to redline. Thanks for the correction . The car is running the stock BPV. It seems to be holding boost just fine, but we might try an aftermarket valve to see if it does any better. No FMIC... still just the stock TMIC. I could see a FMIC helping for 1/4 mile mainly to fight heat soak while staging. Sean is using a bag of ice for that in the meantime .

The car is deffinately on 100 octane for these times... no way of doing this on our lovely cali 91. Sean managed a 12.6 @ 107mph on his single run on the 91 map.

As far as 25psi being a lot for the turbo, it all depends on the RPM that its being run at. The fact that the car picked up almost 30ft-lbs by going from 23psi to 25psi, tells me that the turbo is still plenty efficient at 25psi in the low-mid range.

Thanks

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 12-10-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

have u seen that new EBC thats out its called a World Electronic Performance i do bileave idk ill double check on that. but it controls waste gate duty cycle and everything it's supposed to be really good. i wonder if the one will help a high 11 run? oh i think its a TC-1 or somthing idk ill look for it again
Not sure what EBC you're talking about, but in general the MBC will outperform just about any EBC on the market in terms of pure boost response. EBC's can certainly provide better control and more options in some cases, however.

Thanks