Sharks Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
theres always next year :/ . That was a great game and we should have won it. Good season sharks, lets just hope we can do something in the offseason to get better.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Ref's won it for Canada. Go Refs. Hope they win the cup.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I hate to see the loss, but I loved to see the Sharks battle so damn hard today. It took a freak play to finish the game. But you can't say the Sharks didn't lay it all out on the ice tonight.

I hope they're able to keep most of these guys for next season.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM

Sharks were the better team by far. Took a missed no-icing call to snake the win and give the canucks a chance.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Sharks were the better team by far. Took a missed no-icing call to snake the win and give the canucks a chance.
Yea, phantom icing call. And phantom goal.

And Heater missed the net 5-10 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
lol that guy on lgt mannnn. damn canadians.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 PM

Hah I know you got my back Hide...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Hah I know you got my back Hide...
hell yeah man.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Weak series, ref's definitely won it for the Canucks but theres nothing you can do about it. Im content with making it this far. Go Sharks!

Plus last year we got to the Western Conference Finals and lost 4-0, this time 4-1, at this rate we will make to the Finals in 3 more years!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Stop with the officiating excuses already. How many power plays have the Sharks gotten this series where they didn't capitalize?

The Sharks got their asses kicked in games 1,2, and 4 and it wasn't the ref's fault. They played poorly. They deserved a win last night but it didn't happen. That's the way it goes, but the Shark's poor execution during the series put themselves in a position of elimination, not the refs.

They took too long to get their **** together and paid the price. Hopefully they can keep most of this team in tact for a run next year. I'll be watching.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Sharks lost because they played sluggish for majority of the series which is very common for the Sharks in post season. Dunno what else I can say. On paper we were the better team but in reality they were more dominant.

Refs made bad calls and missed calls throughout the series against us but that wasnt the deciding factor.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Stop with the officiating excuses already.

+1 The icing call at the end was bad, but the refs didn't let the game-tying goal in. Niemi did.

Plus I don't know how some of you guys blame the defense being the factor that we lost yesterday's game, unless you're blaming Niemi, which I would agree on. Niemi had an easy night compared to Luongo, and most of the time the puck was in the Canucks zone.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Uhh, did you see the types of shots the Canucks got? Canucks are clean and fast, and look good... Sharks just looked either straight shot or boring. Only a few times did Luongo actually need to make a save after the first save.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Uhh, did you see the types of shots the Canucks got? Canucks are clean and fast, and look good... Sharks just looked either straight shot or boring. Only a few times did Luongo actually need to make a save after the first save.
Yes, but that's how the Sharks always shoot. They shoot straight ahead and hope for either a rebound or redirect. What sets them apart is the amount of shots they're willing to take. The 'Nucks may have more patience and better looking shots on nets, but the Sharks have proven they are equally effective by just sheer volume.

The Sharks lost this series because they played flat for too many periods and looked frantic. And that's not taking anything away from Vancouver either because they can make any team look bad. The Ginger Twins + Burrows is a devastating offensive combination. Not to mention they are rock solid in the neutral zone which is the Shark's weakest area. The Nucks will most likely win the cup so I'm not too down on the loss.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Of course the bad calls wasnt the main reason they lost, but you cant say that its not demoralizing when they are stricter on your team then the other.

They did definitely drop the ball from game 4 of the Red Wings series to last nights game, they played well at points but not play-off caliber.

The Canucks look well more organized and methodical with their shots because there main two players have been practicing together since they were 5! They have a ginger twin mental connection, and then of course the rest of the team has some experience behind them...a good team all around. But they didnt seem more challenging then the Red Wings.

Quick Reply: Sharks Thread