SCCA AutoX Boondoggle @ Oakland 2/19

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
Yea the rules are ridiculous sometimes. Yea if I were you i'd just run T2-OSP since you're perfectly legal for that class.
What is OSP? Is that a local regional class there?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Yea its our local class where you can do whatever you want as long as it's street registered
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Yea ALK gets pretty much EVERYONE when they come out to autox lol. FP is F prepared. You don't want to run your sti in that class. W're talkin fully gutted not streetable at all.
So I read through the classes again last night and as best I can tell, my ALK pushes me out of STU and up into SM, am I correct? In which I can run any size tire/wheel combo as long as it's a street tire. I realize I'll be running with monster Evo's and STi's but that's the correct class, right?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by huck
So I read through the classes again last night and as best I can tell, my ALK pushes me out of STU and up into SM, am I correct? In which I can run any size tire/wheel combo as long as it's a street tire. I realize I'll be running with monster Evo's and STi's but that's the correct class, right?
Actually ALK pushes you PAST SM and into Prepared (F prepared) because it technically relocates a stock suspension pickup point.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Yea its our local class where you can do whatever you want as long as it's street registered
Cool, thats what I thought it might be. We have one like that up here as well in the Reno region.

Hopefully I can get to one of these events sometime this season.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Actually ALK pushes you PAST SM and into Prepared (F prepared) because it technically relocates a stock suspension pickup point.
Fuuuuuuuuu
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Fuuuuuuuuu
You could run OSP-T2 though like I am going to end up doing. That keeps you in at least a street tire class.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx
I'm not sure what class I'm in but i dont want to wake up in time for the morning runs lol. I'm just going to see what ever novice class the other subies are in... I'm just doing this for fun and will be missing a lot of events due to work anyways. I can just show up around 11:30 or so? anything I should bring besides a helmet?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by apetron
You could run OSP-T2 though like I am going to end up doing. That keeps you in at least a street tire class.
Right. I suppose that would be the choice, T2.

Okay, next question then, what exactly is OSP? I can't find anything in the rules... wouldn't we run in T2-FP?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Right. I suppose that would be the choice, T2.

Okay, next question then, what exactly is OSP? I can't find anything in the rules... wouldn't we run in T2-FP?
OSP is Open Street Prepared. It's a region specific class per Karlton's post above.

It allows people with street cars to pretty much do what they like as long as it's still registered and driven on the street.

FP puts us in the class with the gutted cars and not street driven vehicles.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by apetron
OSP is Open Street Prepared. It's a region specific class per Karlton's post above.

It allows people with street cars to pretty much do what they like as long as it's still registered and driven on the street.

FP puts us in the class with the gutted cars and not street driven vehicles.
I just saw Karlton's post above. Totally missed it earlier. Ha. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by spiffoi77
I'm not sure what class I'm in but i dont want to wake up in time for the morning runs lol. I'm just going to see what ever novice class the other subies are in... I'm just doing this for fun and will be missing a lot of events due to work anyways. I can just show up around 11:30 or so? anything I should bring besides a helmet?
If you've got a modified 02WRX then run with us boys at 1.00pm in STX. If it's your first time you won't take points off anybody who cares and you get to hang on the grid and talk subys.

Just bring your helmet, cash, DL, hat & sunscreen, Warm coat.

Come find one of us guys (I'm in a WRB 05WRX 'UK SCOOB', but a lot of i-clubbers go so ask anyone) and we'll get you registered & your car tech'd, put some numbers on your car and deal with your tire pressures. Bring some tape that stands out from your car color for numbers.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by spiffoi77
Originally Posted by glenspen
If you've got a modified 02WRX then run with us boys at 1.00pm in STX. If it's your first time you won't take points off anybody who cares and you get to hang on the grid and talk subys.

Just bring your helmet, cash, DL, hat & sunscreen, Warm coat.

Come find one of us guys (I'm in a WRB 05WRX 'UK SCOOB', but a lot of i-clubbers go so ask anyone) and we'll get you registered & your car tech'd, put some numbers on your car and deal with your tire pressures. Bring some tape that stands out from your car color for numbers.
What Glen said. As long as you show up before noon to register you can run in the afternoon groups. Also, please make sure your battery has a tie down of some sort and is secure. I've done tech before and seen a few cars without tie downs; no secured battery = car isn't safe to run.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
OSP require passenger seats?

I have pretty much everything else. I'd like to run that class.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by old.guy
OSP require passenger seats?

I have pretty much everything else. I'd like to run that class.
You need to have your interior, including seats in Street Prepared classes.

Quick Reply: SCCA AutoX Boondoggle @ Oakland 2/19