SCCA AutoX Boondoggle @ Oakland 2/19

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
I'd love to go. But I don't think I'd last long in the stock class.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Since it is the 1st of the year well kind of.
Can we ask for a Subaru class at the events? So all the Subaru's can run in their own class?

Or maybe we can gather up all the info for the day and just make our own points system. It would be cool to see all the Subaru's run together.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:30 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
Stock class you can't do anything to the ecu. Only stock reflashes from the dealership would be allowed.

Street touring you can alter the ecu and change timing and fuel. Can't touch the boost tables. Mechanical boost increase from like a dp would be legal though.

Yea ALK gets pretty much EVERYONE when they come out to autox lol. FP is F prepared. You don't want to run your sti in that class. W're talkin fully gutted not streetable at all.
Do you know if manual boost controllers are okay then?

I'll probably end up doing what the budget permits and see what class I fall into. Either way, it's just fun to get out there and get some fun driving in.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Hey Karlton -

Since the last event in November I added some Cusco chassis braces, arp wheel studs, and the kartboy short shifter with all the bushings.

I was running in SMT2 last time. Do any of these bump me out? Can't find a definitive answer from the docs.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX
So I thought I was in the Street Touring class, but I've had a tune, so I assume that disqualifies me and puts me in the street prepared category? Man these classes are confusing... won't I be completely out of my league in SP? Or does it not really matter since I'm running with the novice class anyway?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by EastBayBugeye
So I thought I was in the Street Touring class, but I've had a tune, so I assume that disqualifies me and puts me in the street prepared category? Man these classes are confusing... won't I be completely out of my league in SP? Or does it not really matter since I'm running with the novice class anyway?
If you are running in the novice class then I believe you are only going up against the other novices.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Just have fun. Don't worry about winning. I'm happy if I'm consistent and don't knock over a whole lot of cones.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by old.guy
Since it is the 1st of the year well kind of.
Can we ask for a Subaru class at the events? So all the Subaru's can run in their own class?

Or maybe we can gather up all the info for the day and just make our own points system. It would be cool to see all the Subaru's run together.
Hahah can't ask for an all Subaru class, but you all can run together in one of the groups. I would suggest running in a class where everyone kind of fits instead of everyone running in fun runs whenever as it kinda really makes the work groups imbalanced. We can all run indexed class or OSP or something since everyone would fit into either of those.

Originally Posted by dresk
Do you know if manual boost controllers are okay then?

I'll probably end up doing what the budget permits and see what class I fall into. Either way, it's just fun to get out there and get some fun driving in.
MBC for stock class? MBC is not legal for stock or street touring. First class where it's legal is street prepared.

Originally Posted by apetron
Hey Karlton -

Since the last event in November I added some Cusco chassis braces, arp wheel studs, and the kartboy short shifter with all the bushings.

I was running in SMT2 last time. Do any of these bump me out? Can't find a definitive answer from the docs.
Which braces did you install? Something like an h brace puts you in prepared also(stupid rule), but something like this: Whiteline Control Arm Brace - Front: 02+ WRX is legal for SM. Basically braces can go left to right or front to back, but not diagonal.

Originally Posted by EastBayBugeye
By tune I assume a typical stg 2 tune that increases boost? I assume you're running street tires so you can run in the T2 class, but novice class would be best for you. Novice class just goes by pax anyways. Since you have a bugeye you'd be ESP-N for novice
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 PM

Car Info: 95 Legacy
Looks like I'll be in FSP instead. Yay r comps.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
Which braces did you install? Something like an h brace puts you in prepared also(stupid rule), but something like this: Whiteline Control Arm Brace - Front: 02+ WRX is legal for SM. Basically braces can go left to right or front to back, but not diagonal.
I added this one:
Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2007 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com

and the Cusco front strut bar. Waiting on the rear chassis braces to arrive but I don't think they will make it by this weekend.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
I added this one:
Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2007 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com

and the Cusco front strut bar. Waiting on the rear chassis braces to arrive but I don't think they will make it by this weekend.
That one puts you in prepared. The front strut bar is fine.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM

I added this one:

Yup you're technically in F prepared now lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Ugh... really?!? That is kind of silly honestly.

So because of that little aluminum bar I am going to be running my full interior, street tired, sti against gutted race cars? Booooo!

Would I be able to slide into SPT2? Being this is my first full season can't really see me winning much.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Ugh... really?!? That is kind of silly honestly.

So because of that little aluminum bar I am going to be running my full interior, street tired, sti against gutted race cars? Booooo!

Would I be able to slide into SPT2? Being this is my first full season can't really see me winning much.
Yea the rules are ridiculous sometimes. Yea if I were you i'd just run T2-OSP since you're perfectly legal for that class.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 AM

Cool, thanks for the help Karlton. See you on Sunday!

Quick Reply: SCCA AutoX Boondoggle @ Oakland 2/19