rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Yase and I went up to Kirkwood on Monday. It sucked!!!! The wind was blowing 50+mph, it was only 17degF. Any fresh snow they had was blown off the Mtn. They advertised 7 lifts open. When we got there, only two were turning. The best runs we had all day were the closed runs. Mild traverse to some fresh stashes. As I've said before any day in the snow is better then a day on the beach. Ut this day stretched that statement to it's max.
Wagon train part Tres.... Can't wait. We need to get up there a couple of times before that though.

hells yeah....you know you're welcome anytime I go up.

I need to get you that coupon broham. Still holding it for you. I got my tires. They look pretty sweet...actually quite similar to the pzeros. Little softer though.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: na
Anyone riding friday? I might head up to heavenly depending if I can get the free shop pass from work....
Old 12-20-2006, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
sounds good...

and honestly I enjoy bear valley more than a lot of other resorts. They are less expensive and less crowded. I ride in the trees 90% of the time and they've got some good ones. I love sierra as well. When I road park Sierra's was my favorite. Damn near killed myself there.
Haha i have never been to bear valley but i heard its nice. Sierra definately has some good terrain parks. I have broken myself off there many times. We will have to ride. And let me know when you wagon guys are meeting up i would like to join you guys. Even though i have an STi.

Later

Eli
Old 12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by scarface
Haha i have never been to bear valley but i heard its nice. Sierra definately has some good terrain parks. I have broken myself off there many times. We will have to ride. And let me know when you wagon guys are meeting up i would like to join you guys. Even though i have an STi.

Later

Eli
Well I think we could allow an STi or two to tag along. When I first rode Bear I thought it sucked. Ray knows the Mtn. very well. He changed my opinion of Bear. Besides the slow azz lifts, bear is a great place to ride. I too love Sierra. It does funny things to me.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Well I think we could allow an STi or two to tag along. When I first rode Bear I thought it sucked. Ray knows the Mtn. very well. He changed my opinion of Bear. Besides the slow azz lifts, bear is a great place to ride. I too love Sierra. It does funny things to me.

yup...it's all about where to go. It's a small mountain and can be very limiting at times. But when the snow is good and you're trying to keep up with me and jordon it's a hell of a time.

Sierra rips...we definately have to do some tahoe trips this year...I'd like to hit homewood once or twice this year as well.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM

HAHA gives you that tingly feeling?!?! thanks man i would like to join you guys. Keep me posted i would like to ride at bear valley.

E
Old 12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by scarface
Even though i have an STi.

Later

Eli

Long as you can keep up with el wagone.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:06 PM

yup...it's all about where to go. It's a small mountain and can be very limiting at times. But when the snow is good and you're trying to keep up with me and jordon it's a hell of a time.

Sierra rips...we definately have to do some tahoe trips this year...I'd like to hit homewood once or twice this year as well.
Let me know bro im down. I will be going all season. Cant wait for the big dump.................

E
Old 12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus

x2 for homewood. They aren't even open yet. I heard the locals saying the the tickets were only $20 bucks!!! It is truly a hidden gem.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
General Pimpin'

x2 for homewood. They aren't even open yet. I heard the locals saying the the tickets were only $20 bucks!!! It is truly a hidden gem.

costco has a double pack for like $50 right now for homewood. I plan to get one.

Tickets are mucho cheap there...they do midweek deals...multi-day deals...

You just have to hit it after it's gotten snow. It's low and small but when the snow hits there it's awesome. Some of my favorite runs ever have been there. The chutes and the trees...awesome. the triplets off to the left RIP. Drop the chutes into the huge rollers. You can literally come out of there hit a roller and float 50 feet to a perfect landing. it's nuts.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
w00t..weather forcast is 14" or so thursday night. I was going to go tommorrow, gonna holdout for freshies on friday!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:12 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
Sierra on Monday was serious weaksauce!!!! but I was still fun since i havent gone in over 2 yrs.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Damn... Ya folks have been doing some serious salivating while I've been gone.

Ray, ya know I'm down for Wagon Trip: Episode III. Wouldn't miss that. Da grub, da brew, da crew... all good times, bruddah!

El Jefe, too bad the cond's weren't better when ya & da wifey hit Kay-Dub, but at least ya got your first turns in already. Looks like I'm heading out in 6 hrs. Not sure where yet... gotta check all the early bird reports when I roll outta bed.

Eli, should be cool to add ya to the mix this season. Oh, and don't worry about "keeping up" on the slopes. My body's been reminding me I ain't so young anymore. Back-to-back nites of softball every wk are taking their toll. I may have to be a li'l more mellow w/ my riding. We'll see in a couple days. :crosses fingers:

I know a couple ya boyz got passes to different places, but hitting up a diff mtn, like Homewood would be cool. That place reminded me of Bear as far as facilities & lifts. Plus, it definitely had that "local" feel. Nice & chill.

Well, gotta hit the hay... I'll try not too be too graphic when I report back tomorrow nite!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:33 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
hot ****ing damn

Did anyone get caught on 80 last night? Decided to hit up North* thursday...it started to snow around noon (great afternoon conditions BTW, lots of fresh stuff up top)

Well we decided to head out a bit early knowing the roads would be bad

Just our luck, we headed out like 5 minutes too late, the completely closed 80 for 3hrs (was stuck just before donner summit), then even after they opened it it was only plowed for a few miles, then after that 25 miles of unplowed suckness

All and all it took over 7 hours to get home, the evo and the pzeroneros got me back safe

Pzeronero-great in the dry/wet/slush/light snow/packed snow

slippin and sliding like a **** in 6-7" of unplowed

Man Today is going to be SICK! I imagine well over 14" fell last night
Old 12-22-2006, 07:28 PM

HOOOLLYYY ****

today was SOOO FUCING NICE

my god, spent all day at sierra, ****ing pretty empty. HUGE snowfall all last night. there was p0w everywhere. tree's all day, still got some knicks in the board, bu ti don't give a crap. waht a beautiful day

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.