rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Lowball
3-4 feet of pow!!!!!
Woohoo! That's one serious rooster tail of pow pow! Looks like someone had some serious fun! Btw, "serious fun" isn't an oxymoron, is it?

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'd say I threw down pretty well on Sat. Snow was insane.

Cliff and I had a run at the end of the day that was the sickness. I remember hearing something about creaming pants coming from cliff's direction.

Jeff and I both went down good a few times. I got stuck once foot over ***.
Yeah, I guess ya could say I almost blew my wad on the last one down home run. You were just putting it down fierce all day though. Me & El Jefe need to hone our pow skills. Nah, couldn't be that... I think steeper terrain woulda been better. Honestly, in some spots the snow was too deep to maintain any momentum on some of the mellower pitches.

For the trip next wknd, we gotta make a pact to not drag so much @$$ in the morning. Especially if it's coming down on that Friday, we gotta take advantage of the freshies before they get tracked out. We could always end the day early once the mtn has sucked all the energy of our outta shape *****. Plus, I could get started sooner on my virgin pina coladas. How fabulous would that be?! *Heh Heh*

Last edited by boardoholic; 03-14-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
Im leavin thurs night ... going FRI , SAT, & SUN!!! I think Kirkwood on Fri and Sat and Sierra on sunday.. Kirkwood is amazing when there's a lot of powder.

SOMEONE WANT TO HIT UP KIRKWOOD TOO?... with this powder you can drop a 20 foot cliff and itll feel like landing on a pillow.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 PM

snow snow snow snow

ahhhh I can't wait!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
LOL!!! Yea, I would have been deep in the pow. Probably getting stuck, but oh well.
You won't get stuck with one of these.

Last edited by Lowball; 03-15-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:01 PM

what kind of boards you guys got? freestyle? all-mtn? I got a Rome Agent 155... freestyle. I love the flex on it. oh, and Burton P1 bindings

Last edited by 06suba; 03-14-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:17 PM

Im too excited now.. I"M GOING HUGE THIS WEEKEND!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lowball
sign of a true new school boarder...3-feet of fresh and he's in the park doing boardslides to 270 out to switch...nice but booooooooo!

guess I'm just old...

no no no, im not new school, don't get me wrong, i LOVE going through tree's on huge powder days but ist just not as exciting as it used to be. Its not as challenging, especially at "Flat star" Nor is the snow and mountain the same in tahoe compared to the other parts of the world i've been snowboarding.

plus i spent all day on saturday going through the untouched p0w, and im talking back country, out of bounds, no lifts. not just going through the tree's on the right and inbetween of the lifts . At least in the back country me and my brothers can shovel up some kickers in the morning and then spend the afternoon hucking ourselves off of it. We cant set up a rail out there ya know

So dont' think i don't enjoy the fresh powder, believe me, its one of the most fun things to do. Plus, i wont' be able to throw myself through the park when i get older, so might as well do it now. I don't really know what else to say, but believe me, i do love the p0w, and im sure i can hang with the best of ya if it came down to catching each other through the tree's.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by 06suba
what kind of boards you guys got? freestyle? all-mtn? I got a Rome Agent 155... freestyle. I love the flex on it. oh, and Burton P1 bindings
i have a few boards, from freestyle to all mountain, depends what i want to do for the day
Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I'm deffinately down to meet up. My buddy is a beginner so he'll be on the bunny slopes all day. I'm no beginner but I also don't do cliffs or anything. I've been trying to figure out the non-groomed stuff more lately but its new to me.

yea if we meet up (crosses fingers) i'd be mroe than willing to show you some pointers on how to maneauver yourself through 5 feet of powder without becoming tired (which is the key)
Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM

daredevil, I think we need to square off on the mtn... and snap some pics. we should play HORSE, snowboarding style.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 PM

daredevil, I think we need to square off on the mtn... and snap some pics. we should play HORSE, snowboarding style.

my and my brother do that in the park as well as the mountain.

he hits a rail, i have to hit it with the same move or better. and vice versa. lotta fuN

and on the mountain, if i throw myself off a cliff, he has to do the same one

too bad you are always going to sierra, their park isn't the best :\
Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 PM

i like the parks at sierra, lot of different stuff... I havent been to northstar yet this year.... is it really that great? last time I was there it was all boxes. I like rails better.

hey, why dont we plan somethin for next weekend? I'm bringin the lady and a couple friends this weekend, but next weekend we should plan somethin. Ill go to a northstar if you want.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by Daredevil
yea if we meet up (crosses fingers) i'd be mroe than willing to show you some pointers on how to maneauver yourself through 5 feet of powder without becoming tired (which is the key)
Cool man... I'm always down to learn new terrain. Remember though, I'm on skiis
Old 03-14-2006, 09:58 PM

i like the parks at sierra, lot of different stuff... I havent been to northstar yet this year.... is it really that great? last time I was there it was all boxes. I like rails better.

hey, why dont we plan somethin for next weekend? I'm bringin the lady and a couple friends this weekend, but next weekend we should plan somethin. Ill go to a northstar if you want.

north star has a ton of both, from 5 foot rails that are 5 inches above the snow, to 30 foot rails 10 feet off the ground. tons of stairs, a few C rails, and some HUGE boxes and odd shaped ****. they hvae something for everyone, from beginner to sponsered rider, its great.

the weekend after this one works for me, but every weekend works for me because im up there every single sunday and monday

lets meet up
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Cool man... I'm always down to learn new terrain. Remember though, I'm on skiis

well then... damn, never skied. so much for showing you stuff :P but i'd still love to meet up. Ill be up there with my friend josh and we're always down to hang out with others.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.