rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
Originally Posted by Daredevil
north star has a ton of both, from 5 foot rails that are 5 inches above the snow, to 30 foot rails 10 feet off the ground. tons of stairs, a few C rails, and some HUGE boxes and odd shaped ****. they hvae something for everyone, from beginner to sponsered rider, its great.

the weekend after this one works for me, but every weekend works for me because im up there every single sunday and monday

lets meet up
stairs now? thats tight
Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Lowball
You won't get stuck with one of these.

those things rip in the pow....RIP!!!

I was pretty stoked with my set up on sat though. That 166 really moves and I felt real comfortable on it all day.

I'm thinking next season I want something bigger for special occassions..think 175ish.

figure that will give me about every board I need. 152, 157, 159, 163, 166, 175.

oh and max....definately take advantage of being able to ride constantly and throw your body around while you can. I road like a MANIAC until a couple injuries, weight and age caught me. I plan to loose some weight and ride hard for another 20 years though....just not gonna ever catch me in a pipe again. Maybe the park a bit here and there when my knee is back more. I like the back country kickers and what not though.

trust me though...don't recover as quick as I did even 5 years ago.

when I was 20 you'd see me blasting off 30 foot tables at sierra. Pressing mailboxes or picnic tables or whatever...then turn around and see me blasting off some fat cornice.....not these days. These days I like the trees, natural hits...occassional drops.

not so much the 45 footers....20 works out pretty well though..haa.

cliff...yeah I felt pretty good all day sat. Next time we must get up earlier so we don't get stuck behind some slow *** suv again....

I'm planning on going up this sat night...much earlier than last time and riding sunday. be back sunday night. then all the weekend of the 25th. I'll clear it all up tomorrow and keep everyone posted.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
north star has a ton of both, from 5 foot rails that are 5 inches above the snow, to 30 foot rails 10 feet off the ground. tons of stairs, a few C rails, and some HUGE boxes and odd shaped ****. they hvae something for everyone, from beginner to sponsered rider, its great.

the weekend after this one works for me, but every weekend works for me because im up there every single sunday and monday

lets meet up
I can vouch for this, Northstars park completely trumps sierras. Its like a progressive thing, small boxes, then rails, then larger, small jumps, then HUGE table tops. At the end some of the good guys are getting 50+ft jumps, 720s, rodeo flips, etc
Old 03-15-2006, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
oh and max....definately take advantage of being able to ride constantly and throw your body around while you can. I road like a MANIAC until a couple injuries, weight and age caught me. I plan to loose some weight and ride hard for another 20 years though....just not gonna ever catch me in a pipe again. Maybe the park a bit here and there when my knee is back more. I like the back country kickers and what not though.

trust me though...don't recover as quick as I did even 5 years ago.

when I was 20 you'd see me blasting off 30 foot tables at sierra. Pressing mailboxes or picnic tables or whatever...then turn around and see me blasting off some fat cornice.....not these days. These days I like the trees, natural hits...occassional drops.

not so much the 45 footers....20 works out pretty well though..haa.

cliff...yeah I felt pretty good all day sat. Next time we must get up earlier so we don't get stuck behind some slow *** suv again....

I'm planning on going up this sat night...much earlier than last time and riding sunday. be back sunday night. then all the weekend of the 25th. I'll clear it all up tomorrow and keep everyone posted.
hahah, ya well, don't worry, im 20 (ALMOST 21 in a few days) and i've already had my fair share of injuries. i wish i never had them, but im glad i can recover pretty quick from them.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by Lowball
You won't get stuck with one of these.
Fish 60

Stepchild Snowboards has a Fish Type board too.

Last edited by Lowball; 03-15-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
well then... damn, never skied. so much for showing you stuff :P but i'd still love to meet up. Ill be up there with my friend josh and we're always down to hang out with others.
Sounds good.... what time do you guys get to the hill? We're going to be driving up from Davis that morning so I'm not sure how early we'll be able to get there. If you carry a cell phone, PM me your number and I'll hit you up when we arrive.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
OMG!!!!!

This weekend was epic....My quads are still killing me.
Rode Sugarbowl on monday. Clifflines all day. The powder was soooo nice.

-Kevin
Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
OMG!!!!!

This weekend was epic....My quads are still killing me.
Rode Sugarbowl on monday. Clifflines all day. The powder was soooo nice.

-Kevin
this kevin kevin? Haven't seen nor heard from you in days. How's life treating you?

We're doing a little trip the last weekend of march. You should come up.

I'm gonna throw a post up hopefully later tonight. either way...drop a line. Been too long man.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn

It's not so much the slow going(i.e. rolling at a snail's pace behind a "granny") on the short drive to Bear. It's more of the "We get there when we get there." By no means am I complaining b/c I'm guilty of that easy-going kinda mentality. I dunno what it is about being 30-40 minutes away fr the resort & getting there well after 11 o'clock, but i always manage to do it. I stayed in So. Lake earlier this season & ended up doing a half-day @Sierra. Maybe, subconsciously, I lag b/c I know I probably can't endure a full day of riding like when I first got hooked. Nah... couldn't be that b/c we're all such awesome physical specimens. *heh heh* It's gotta be knowing that we're so close that it's no big deal to just chill & have a mellow attitude about getting out there. It's funny that the further away I start out the day fr the resort, the earlier I get there.

Anyway, enuff of that... I'm just being greedy for us & want the 1st tracks to be ours & ours alone! So definitely keep us posted as far as next wknd goes! The real Wagon Trip: Part Duex! Don't forget to keep Jordan in the loop, too!

El Jefe: Are y'all still planning on bringing up the pony keg? What kinda lead time did ya need to hook that up? You're probably laughing your @$$ off knowing that I'll be pounding down some high quality H2O as y'all guzzle down that suds. But I'm just looking out for my boyz!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Sounds good.... what time do you guys get to the hill? We're going to be driving up from Davis that morning so I'm not sure how early we'll be able to get there. If you carry a cell phone, PM me your number and I'll hit you up when we arrive.

im leavin from the north bay, and usually get there around 8:30 or so, on the slopes at 8:50-9:00 am.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:10 PM
General Pimpin'

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR.........cliff when can you drink again????

I talked to the fam to make sure the cabin was clear.....even though I did it weeks ago I figured I'd do a final double check before I laid plans out. Stupid board meeting got changed and it might be that weekend. Board meeting means folks at the house. Means booooo....

This weekend I'll be up there Sat night and plan to get up there pretty damn early Sunday.

Next weekend....I'm a bit pissed but what can you do. I'll let you guys know if it's open or not. We might have to wait a week. I should be able to find out pretty soon here.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
ERRRRRRRRRRRRR.........cliff when can you drink again????

I talked to the fam to make sure the cabin was clear.....even though I did it weeks ago I figured I'd do a final double check before I laid plans out. Stupid board meeting got changed and it might be that weekend. Board meeting means folks at the house. Means booooo....

This weekend I'll be up there Sat night and plan to get up there pretty damn early Sunday.

Next weekend....I'm a bit pissed but what can you do. I'll let you guys know if it's open or not. We might have to wait a week. I should be able to find out pretty soon here.
Boo. That sucks about next weekend. But I'm looking forward to this sunday.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
What up!

You guys got a little board crew with subies here? I board pretty much ever weekend and i love cruising out to tahoe in my subie. I would like to join you guys one day. Let me know if its cool.

E
Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
im leavin from the north bay, and usually get there around 8:30 or so, on the slopes at 8:50-9:00 am.

Yea.. that's a little hardcore for us

I'm thinking of leaving Davis around 8AM which would put us in northstar at 10. I guess I might be persuaded to waking up an hour earlier. Any interest in a caravan up since you'll be coming through Davis anyway?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
General Pimpin'

just a heads up.

Resorts are getting ready to release next years season passes..nows the time to jump on it.

bears is releasing tomorrow at $350. Decent deal but when it goes up to full price after that it's a damn rip off. I just sent them a fat email telling them it's bull****. I mean I can get a pass to kirkwood for less or the combo pass for less. what makes them so special? oooohh...on new high speed quad next year...yeah.

besides that it's lame that they force you to buy it before the season is over to get a reasonable price. Any resort for that matter. Totally hoses those of us that already bought passes for this year. I mean why should I have to pay twice for the last month of the year? Just to save a few bucks off next years pass?

it rips for those that don't have passes...that's why I got one last year..for $300. But now that I already have one why should I get another one this year....see what I'm saying.

Damn scam these damned resorts.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.