Redwood Touge Road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
What the hell is wrong with you? Are you okay? If the driver can't handle certain types of road conditions (conditions that they are not used to driving in such as, but not limited to: dirt, gravel, continuous turns and bends one after another which appear spontaneously, not like straightaway highway roads) Then they are better off STAYING OFF that road because they are endangering themselves, along with all their passengers, and along with all the other pedestrians, riders, drivers, and their passengers that frequent that road.

It is a public road, !?
So if I am out there in my subaru. Just rolling along at the speed limit or say 5mph over. I do not belong on that road? I am willing to bet you would not have a chance catching me out there. But since I drive 5mph over... Its not my place to be.

Just like you said. Its a public road.... Not yours to be ruined by someone doing the right thing.

And if someone is clearly a danger. Why do you not pick up your cell phone and call CHP. If your that worried about it right??

I have lost a few good friends out there from dumbasses speeding on that road. Its not a race track. And people that drive it at the speed limit are NOT the problem.
Take the **** to the track man.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by old.guy
So if I am out there in my subaru. Just rolling along at the speed limit or say 5mph over. I do not belong on that road? I am willing to bet you would not have a chance catching me out there. But since I drive 5mph over... Its not my place to be.

And if someone is clearly a danger. Why do you not pick up your cell phone and call CHP. If your that worried about it right??
Man Mikey why do you always insist that its a race or something? Wanna see who got the bigger engine? Why are you jumping on the conclusion that you must drive fast or something? I clearly stated that if people did not know their bounds, then they shouldn't go or frequent that road as a shortcut to surrounding cities. It doesn't matter if they are going too slow or too fast, zig zagging is the same as swerving in and out of their lane. I never once mentioned speeding as it was a problem or even a factor for argument, stop being so quick to whip it out. Yea yea you track, zerosports this, wide body that, huge *** functional spoiler, time breaker on not so much of a time breaking class..... and so forth. Please read and confirm a couple times to understand my post, doesn't seem like you are thinking far enough. What are you, trying to play devils advocate for every scene? Come on brah don't pull a STIWRX06 on meh.

And Im no CB radio user, so do you know how hard it is to get signal in areas like that?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
banned

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Man Mikey why do you always insist that its a race or something? Wanna see who got the bigger engine? Why are you jumping on the conclusion that you must drive fast or something? I clearly stated that if people did not know their bounds, then they shouldn't go or frequent that road as a shortcut to surrounding cities. It doesn't matter if they are going too slow or too fast, zig zagging is the same as swerving in and out of their lane. I never once mentioned speeding as it was a problem or even a factor for argument, stop being so quick to whip it out. Yea yea you track, zerosports this, wide body that, huge *** functional spoiler, time breaker on not so much of a time breaking class..... and so forth. Please read and confirm a couple times to understand my post, doesn't seem like you are thinking far enough. What are you, trying to play devils advocate for every scene? Come on brah don't pull a STIWRX06 on meh.

And Im no CB radio user, so do you know how hard it is to get signal in areas like that?
I used to ride that road all the time. I have in a car, motorcycle and bicycle. Till I sat there holding a buddy while he died. I have seen the oil in the road ways at the apex, I have seen the gravel, rocks, deer and turkeys. Also seen cars and bikes fly off Pinehurst.. I have also had one of my Ducati's break down out by the range and had to walk two miles for a cell phone not to work.

You clearly pointed out that slower traffic slows down your "fun driving time" I am only pointing out that the slower traffic is obeying the traffic laws.
And maybe if its such a problem you should skip the canyon racing and head to the track before someone gets killed. You can't control the road conditions and that is what catches the most experienced canyon racer out.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP

You clearly pointed out that slower traffic slows down your "fun driving time" I am only pointing out that the slower traffic is obeying the traffic laws.
It still seems like you need to yet read once more. Nope, I clearly pointed out that I was Appalled by how some drivers are unsuitable for that type of road condition and should not drive on such roads for the sake of their and everyone elses lives. Fast or slow is neither part of the equation. My driving and I are also not part of the equation, you're missing the point.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Not much risk? Are you kidding me? I'm guessing your just not as old as I.

Hope you learn before its too late and someone gets hurt. Track days are cheaper then most tickets now days. And time ? Kill someone on a run and you will have all the time in the world...... In jail!
Can you read?

I wrote, "There's not much at risk if people drive sensibly."

If you can't understand what it means to drive sensibly, then I'm pleased that you take your spirited driving to the track.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
I don't get how people could kill themselves on that road...I've driven it "spirited" many times and never never have I been in a position to crash/drive off the road...

Don't know what kind of stupid driving people were doing to drive off the road there...its not that fast of a road either haha

If you know how to drive and when to gas/brake etc and have a clear view of the road then there should be no problems

And track days are expensive...usually its a whole day or two trip (track fee,hotel, gas, tires, food etc) its always a couple hundred bucks

Pho shizzle is right...if you suck at driving stay off these "dangerous" roads its simple...wasn't saying anything about speeding...sketchiest thing I saw on that road was a small uhaul truck drivnig on and over the yellow line from cv to the range...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by slugrx
I don't get how people could kill themselves on that road...I've driven it "spirited" many times and never never have I been in a position to crash/drive off the road...

Maybe YOU havent, but what about some kid who cant drive as good as you trying to "smash" that road and drifts into your lane mid corner and collides with you head on at @ 70 MPH (35MPH x both cars = closure speed)?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
Maybe YOU havent, but what about some kid who cant drive as good as you trying to "smash" that road and drifts into your lane mid corner and collides with you head on at @ 70 MPH (35MPH x both cars = closure speed)?
Well then he would fall into the category of dumbasses who shouldn't be driving anyways...and that accident would happen regardless of how I was driving (fast or slow) so I don't really see your point? If one knows how to drive properly and has control of ones car then what's the big deal? You don't need to "smash and drift" to have fun, hell some of my best drives were half throttle cruises
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 AM
banned

It seems to me that some in this thread think they are superman or what not.
They do not think they could have a mechanical failure that could cause them to drift into head on traffic. As so on. Even road conditions change... And there is a ton of blind corners out there.

You think going to the track is a lot of time and expensive?? Just slam into someone on one of your runs. You'll be doing lots of time. And figuring out how to pay the family for killing or injuring one of them.
In the mean time. Sell your Subarus so the rest of i-club doesn't have to worry about getting their hood popped and harassed all the time. When you guys tear it up on the back roads, people call the police. When the police get tired. They come looking. And if they always hear Subarus.. Guess what. I dont have to build rockets.... I know what is going to happen. They can not remove the cars. But they can remove the parts. Using hood pops and ref's.

I'm pissed more at you guys for trying to justify your actions. I thought better of you all.
Maybe its an age thing.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
im with old.guy on this issue.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Just throwing this out there https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...hedule-239828/
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 AM

It seems to me that some in this thread think they are superman or what not.
They do not think they could have a mechanical failure that could cause them to drift into head on traffic. As so on. Even road conditions change... And there is a ton of blind corners out there.

You think going to the track is a lot of time and expensive?? Just slam into someone on one of your runs. You'll be doing lots of time. And figuring out how to pay the family for killing or injuring one of them.
In the mean time. Sell your Subarus so the rest of i-club doesn't have to worry about getting their hood popped and harassed all the time. When you guys tear it up on the back roads, people call the police. When the police get tired. They come looking. And if they always hear Subarus.. Guess what. I dont have to build rockets.... I know what is going to happen. They can not remove the cars. But they can remove the parts. Using hood pops and ref's.

I'm pissed more at you guys for trying to justify your actions. I thought better of you all.
Maybe its an age thing.

from another thread
And if you really want to have some fun. I happen to be bombing down 5 well over the posted limitm also texting in my wrb lp640 trying to best my record to Arizona in under 8 hours. So you can do your duty now and report me one more time.

am i missing something?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
banned

Originally Posted by slugrx
from another thread

am i missing something?
There is a huge huge difference when you are going down highway 5. Everyone is going 75+, the same direction. And the road is straight for 100's of miles.
And if you can't read the BS that I posted in that. Texting and driving over the speed limit??? Give me a break..

Its not a back road where you can be surprised with all sorts of stuff at the next blind corner.

But nice try!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 AM

yeah because you can get to arizona in under 8 hours by driving 75mph...

and i dont mash around blind corners thats ****in stupid, but doing 35-40mph around a clear 25mph suggested turn is not as bad as texting while smashin down the freeway trying to set landspeed records

dont be a hypocrite

Last edited by slugrx; 04-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM

oh yeah oldguy i just remembered when you were on your old screename and at the OLD coco meets you used to brag about how you could make it from walnut creek to san jose in under 30minutes because you had a radar detector...

yeah lets drive 80mph+ smashin down 680 in traffic times, its so safe

you arent an angel behind the wheel so stop putting us down because you only drive REALLY fast on straights

haha take it to the track!!

Quick Reply: Redwood Touge Road?