Redwood Touge Road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Originally Posted by old.guy
Still not sure why it would be risked. Track days are cheap. I will be more then happy to help anyone of you take it to the track and keep it off the road ways.

Hell I'll even make you lunch at the track. Its super easy and cheap now days to just sign up for a event and go no really excuses.
There's not much at risk if people drive sensibly. One just can't go 10/10ths on a public road, but there's still fun to be had. Track days cost money, and more importantly for some, a lot of time. I can take a pass on Redwood on my commute home if I'm feeling the urge.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by halbritt
There's not much at risk if people drive sensibly. One just can't go 10/10ths on a public road, but there's still fun to be had. Track days cost money, and more importantly for some, a lot of time. I can take a pass on Redwood on my commute home if I'm feeling the urge.
Not much risk? Are you kidding me? I'm guessing your just not as old as I.

Hope you learn before its too late and someone gets hurt. Track days are cheaper then most tickets now days. And time ? Kill someone on a run and you will have all the time in the world...... In jail!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Not much risk? Are you kidding me? I'm guessing your just not as old as I.

Hope you learn before its too late and someone gets hurt. Track days are cheaper then most tickets now days. And time ? Kill someone on a run and you will have all the time in the world...... In jail!
Word up. I used to do a lot of mountain runs, until I had turned on my radar detector and picked up tons of KA band and Laser one night. **** was crazy.

Never again. Be safe, pay the money and do a hpde event.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 AM

Car Info: EQ tuned 05 STi
a haunted road?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
recognized that shiny dash any day!

come to the track with me =D

Last edited by MonsterGC; 04-17-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by MonsterGC
recognized that shiny dash any day!

come to the track with me =D
Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
This road is plain stupid. I avoid it at all costs unless I'm going to the gun range. Kids from CV High think this is their race track and end up killing themselves, or even worse, others.

I don't understand why people glorify themselves "smashing" on this road. Your stupid and childish if you think that's "cool" Like old.guy said, take it somewhere safe, keep yourselves safe, and please keep OTHERS safe.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Spireted driving is one thing but driving to a point that you can't stay in your lane is reckless. Like Jack Burton said "never drive faster than you can see."

Last edited by queeg9k; 04-17-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
banned

What I do not understand and hope to change is why people think going to the track is big $$$

Its really not. I'd love to help people get into the track day events. One speeding ticket is really the cost or more of a track day. Then that doesn't include insurance rates going up. And that is if you do not crash.
Remember. You might be able to control yourself. But what you can't control in the guy around the corner you can not see. And you come up on in a very fast pace. Reaction times go to hell quick.

Track events are cheap. If your smart they are lots of fun. Ask questions, Learn, Have a great time. Its really stupid seeing that the bay area has so many tracks so close to it.
I'd personally help get anyone here going at a track. Most of you will find out that once you go to the track. You really chill out on the road.
Why risk it?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
cops have a good presence there,either way i'd never hella push it on that road, my experience tells me there tends to be a lot of loose gravel on it... from people pulling on and off the sides a lot -_-
Not much actually, but when you are on the side of the mountain there are rock chips that fall from the mountain themselves. Make sure not to run over them. Theres more bumps before corner turn ins than gravel honestly... a lot more bumpage before corner turn ins.

Originally Posted by HELLA
a haunted road?
Yup its all haunted.....Especially pinehurst and the rd connecting to the fork.... Just stay off it.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Volkey
This road is plain stupid. I avoid it at all costs unless I'm going to the gun range. Kids from CV High think this is their race track and end up killing themselves, or even worse, others.

I don't understand why people glorify themselves "smashing" on this road. Your stupid and childish if you think that's "cool" Like old.guy said, take it somewhere safe, keep yourselves safe, and please keep OTHERS safe.
Was this more recently? Ive never encountered dumb cv high kids when I roam..... Maybe I always went at a good time lol. Never seen any dumbasses except for regular cars that honestly should not be going on any twisty roads AT ALL and should just stay on the freeway because they are not used to the nature of the canyons and turns...... Im more afraid of normal drivers and careless motor bikers with no road etiquettes.

Ive even had a nice cruise with a stranger biker one time, relaxing cruise but still faster than the normal rate of travel. I was heading to CV, or else I woulda followed/ or led on the way back up hill.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
banned

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Never seen any dumbasses except for regular cars that honestly should not be going on any twisty roads AT ALL and should just stay on the freeway because they are not used to the nature of the canyons and turns......
So its your personal road and the normal everyday legal driver is a dumbass?
Sounds like YOU are the problem not them.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
banned

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Yup its all haunted.....Especially pinehurst and the rd connecting to the fork.... Just stay off it.
A lot of people have been killed out there. I am sure they are all watching your Initial D style and awaiting a chance to score you some real points.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM

So its your personal road and the normal everyday legal driver is a dumbass?
Sounds like YOU are the problem not them.
What the hell is wrong with you? Are you okay? If the driver can't handle certain types of road conditions (conditions that they are not used to driving in such as, but not limited to: dirt, gravel, continuous turns and bends one after another which appear spontaneously, not like straightaway highway roads) Then they are better off STAYING OFF that road because they are endangering themselves, along with all their passengers, and along with all the other pedestrians, riders, drivers, and their passengers that frequent that road.

When I follow drivers like this (and this has been many times), I don't dare try to pass them because they are driving way too dangerously to even try. Spontaneously swerving crossing the double yellow mid turn at apex, just in and out of their lane in their econobox or van, or truck in broad daylight during commute hours going +-40mph. I just cruise behind them and get it all recorded just in case something happens. Its never any other modified car or biker, but usually these people who seem very very out of place for the driving conditions they are openly used to.

It is a public road, but just because no one is stopping you from driving on it, does it really mean you should if you are unprepared for the road conditions? If you just got your permit for your driving license, should you be encouraged to drive all of mount hamilton road? If you are a beginning swimmer, Im not gonna drop you from a helicopter a couple of hundred miles from the shore and make your *** swim back if you want to live. Just because they might have had their license for a while, doesn't mean they are a great driver. Everyone knows damn well so many drivers out there are not educated properly about driving knowledge and vehicle mechanics.

Theres someone wrong with your logic. Next thing you're probably gonna ask for a bunch of wild boars to be released there because they also deserve to free roam the area... And some more Flailing Tuna's?!?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM

A lot of people have been killed out there. I am sure they are all watching your Initial D style and awaiting a chance to score you some real points.
A lot of people have been killed everywhere. Damn! Wait is that true??

Not sure how they can watch what they can't see. They never seen me drift either, because I don't. Although.... you know we oakland katz did invent drifting. Some say before, mac dre was known as chase the Darkness and conqured grizzly peak, and that he also knew the stig. Who also lived in oakland at the time....Some say that touge started in the oakand hills.....and that tsuchiya himself blazed with tupac.

Quick Reply: Redwood Touge Road?