Really bad accident in Santa Clara...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
i dont feel sorry for stupid people. this guy was stupid.
you're still here?? oh so you come back and post when something tragic happens...damn, how sad
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by HartgeM3Power
R.I.P.
Sad to hear someone lose there life in an accident, no matter what the reason is..I always imagine what the family must be going through. BTW..was T.S. the one who owned a WRB Sti highly modded with a wingless trunk?? Sorry I didnt read through the entire thread since its 10+pages long..If so, I think I met the guy when I bought my car from Stevens Creek a year ago. And if it was the guy im thinking of, he was pretty cool and seemed to know alot about Subarus...again R.I.P and my condolences go out to his family.
-Adam
That would be him.

Cleared headlights with blue parking lights in the front.

-GDO
Old 05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Damn just read some of this thread, I actually knew TS and dealt with him many times when I was with MPJ.

My condolences to his family.

Mike
Old 05-23-2005, 02:22 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
damn i am shocked...i met and talked to TS a bout a year ago...he was one subaru encyclopedia...totally nice guy..and yeah his 04 was sick fast...he was a crazy driver from what my friend told me though...RIP T.S., you were one cool guy...ppl do make mistakes and its really too bad that he made the ultimate one
Old 05-23-2005, 07:24 PM

Car Info: Saab 9-5
R.I.P. My deepest condolences to his parents and family...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
Man that is some sad news. T.S. was a great guy. Even havning only had 3 conversations with him, he was super friendly, really into the wrx and loved to drive. It's sad to hear of his death but reminds out how fragile life really is. I admit sometimes i feel invulnerable driving the sti. It is an amazing handling and performing vehicle. However, we can't let the lack of "incidents" or accidents cloud our responsibility on the road. Each time I rail through an off ramp near my house I think "wow there could be someone crossing the street or another driver unaware of my entry in the wrong place at the wrong time." We must be diligent to protect our neighbors from our potentially dangerous toys. I believe T.S. should have been more responsible for others lives as well as his own. With the money we spend on our vehicles you would think we could afford to get more involved with track days to let off our boost. I will always remember T.S. for his enthusiasm and his good nature. I truly thought he could have been an excellent rally driver.

I hope we all can reflect on our driving from this event and try to put others safety first when we travel the roadways. Remember the morning commute is not a race nor is driving wrecklessly on any public roadway. We all need a reminder but lets try not making it another death that reminder.

God Bless TS his and family
Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by shadowcat
Self inflicted wounds get no sympathy from me.

Sure, I'll sympathize with the loved ones he left behind, but not for the bonehead.
You get the big F-YOU from me buddy. Sure he chose to run, but being punished by death for it and not being able to learn from it sad.

We all get in cars everyday don't we? So STFU about self inflicted wounds. You take a chance everyday on the road, whether fate has chosen you, or you dug your own fate it's all the same.

Who here follows the speed limit EXACTLY? Going 70 in a 65 mph zone must be some "self inflicted wound" too? Are you just stupid? Should I just slap you myself?

Yes I'll admit I flamed you, you deserved to be flamed. Karma comes back.

My sympathy goes out for him and the family.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX
It shouldn't even be a descision, to run or not to run. The answer is don't run.

Your line about "whether fate has chosen you, or you dug your own fate it's all the same" is total BS. It wasn't fate that killed TS it was his desision to run from the cops that did. There is a high probability of injury or death when someone runs from the cops and a low probability if you stop.

It's a tragedy for his family.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
I'll give it to you guys that you know your car stuff, but when it comes to life, you are paralyzingly stupid.

-GDO
Old 05-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
this thread sucks

this pic is for dr3
Attached Thumbnails Really bad accident in Santa Clara...-macho.jpg  

Last edited by Group B; 05-24-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:15 AM

Car Info: Big Thanks Jeremy@CrucialRacing and Ed@EQ-Tuning
damn man.. no more bashing on him plz..

i met this guy when i bought my car at steven creek.. he was really nice person and knows wat he is talking about.. he help me out alot.. and made my mom like Subaru more.. this guy also help me out when i got my taillights cracked.. i still cant believe this.. it seems like it was jus yesterday when i talked to him about him being wanna become a rally driver.. (7months ago).. damn mann

................................RIP T.S.............................
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by Group B
this pic represents me

Good For You...
Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by iLoqin
You get the big F-YOU from me buddy. Sure he chose to run, but being punished by death for it and not being able to learn from it sad.

We all get in cars everyday don't we? So STFU about self inflicted wounds. You take a chance everyday on the road, whether fate has chosen you, or you dug your own fate it's all the same.

Who here follows the speed limit EXACTLY? Going 70 in a 65 mph zone must be some "self inflicted wound" too? Are you just stupid? Should I just slap you myself?

Yes I'll admit I flamed you, you deserved to be flamed. Karma comes back.

My sympathy goes out for him and the family.
I was really hoping people would stop this crap, but I can’t stand to read any more of this BS from the proponents of the irresponsible such as above. How can you possibly compare speeding 5mph above the limit with tearing around a residential area at over 100mph? That’s appalling. And to make what point? To turn someone else’s tragedy into a chance to bash someone on the internet?

First off, I would like to say that I don’t see a point in bashing anyone especially someone who doesn’t have the luxury of defending himself. There can be no good coming of that. I am not bashing or making fun of or poking fun at this person. It is okay to stand back and analyze a situation, though I know I will be automatically grouped with the bad guys and possibly flamed. I guess I can deal with that, especially when the flames make less sense than the tragedy itself.

Let’s analyze this situation: a man who has a suspended license is speeding, allegedly DUI, and pulled over by the cops. In order to perpetuate this criminal behaviour, he speeds away from the cop. In order to preserve safety the cop LETS HIM GO. He continues to speed and drive dangerous enough to draw the attention of another cop WHO HE ELUDES. Then, as he is flat out tearing past a school through a sleepy residential area in a car specifically tuned to haul ****, he makes what can be the only mistake he made here (since the rest were PURPOSEFUL CONSCIOUS DECISIONS made in the name of self preservation) and slams into a telephone pole, taking his own life.

This is akin to someone charging into a bank with a gun, eluding the authorities and making a mistake that ends his life. It’s only an accident that no one else was killed. It is a shame that things like this happen, but they do. Things like this will of course hit nerves of people, such as people hurt by similar situations, or people living in the area where it happened.

A few of the posters here mentioned he was a nice, smart guy with known bad driving habits. It’s really sad that he made these decisions that ended his life. This is A LOT different from driving down the road everyday and taking your chances. After the first cop let him go he could have toned his actions down – he had many chances to do so, yet he kept endangering everyone around him to be able to maintain his criminal behaviour. When I was a kid at age 7, a drunk driver eluding police killed my mother. These things happen. It’s a blessing that nothing like this happened here.

I made a comment that says I can’t believe I am reading some of this stuff. I meant pretty much the stuff in the post I quoted here – I can’t understand how someone can possibly think like that. I am sure that if T.S. were around today he would feel horrible for what happened and be thankful that no one else was hurt, just like I am.

Now please, can we let this rest. Can someone that has the power to do so lock this thread!! I am going to do my part by unsubscribing right now.

I have a lot of sympathy for his friends and family. I am sure this is a hard thing for people who knew him well to deal with. I have seen similar situations with friends that had to learn the hard way, and it’s always painful.

Quick Reply: Really bad accident in Santa Clara...