random road rage on Calaveras

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:15 PM

Car Info: Fast
OR unless you are willing to use it
Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
I don't recall the reference, but using a gun to solve a traffic dispute is a misdemeanor or more in every state now I think...IIRC it's under the gun laws, not the DMV codes.

DO NOT wave a gun around unless you wish jail time, or you can ensure you'll have no witnesses.
WRONG...

In this state, if you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to defend yourself with up to, and including lethal force.

The problem in his senerio would be that he does not have a CCW permit, so that is a felony. However for the sake of arguments, if you had a CCW, and the guy got out in front of you like that, you could, within the confines of the law unholster your weapon, extend your other hand and say "STOP, I have a gun, Lay on the ground NOW!" if he advanced on you from that point, you would be in your rights to defend your life.

Great thing about this state, the DA has the duty to prove you were NOT in fear of your life...the state automaticly assumes your side of the story.

Hence why I am working so hard to get my CCW for this state, ********* like that BMW driver, who could very well have a weapon and could have caused a lot of problems. That said, as I pointed out before, I would have run his *** down right there in the street for coming at me like that.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:11 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Question

Originally Posted by Overbear
WRONG...

In this state, if you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to defend yourself with up to, and including lethal force.

The problem in his senerio would be that he does not have a CCW permit, so that is a felony. However for the sake of arguments, if you had a CCW, and the guy got out in front of you like that, you could, within the confines of the law unholster your weapon, extend your other hand and say "STOP, I have a gun, Lay on the ground NOW!" if he advanced on you from that point, you would be in your rights to defend your life.

Great thing about this state, the DA has the duty to prove you were NOT in fear of your life...the state automaticly assumes your side of the story.

Hence why I am working so hard to get my CCW for this state, ********* like that BMW driver, who could very well have a weapon and could have caused a lot of problems. That said, as I pointed out before, I would have run his *** down right there in the street for coming at me like that.
Would it be reasonable if at the time of the confrontation you were open carrying inside your vehicle? Then only after being threatened by the other driver did you load and make ready your weapon in order to defend yourself.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Lurk
Would it be reasonable if at the time of the confrontation you were open carrying inside your vehicle? Then only after being threatened by the other driver did you load and make ready your weapon in order to defend yourself.
That gets into some very grey area of CA law and I am not the one to ask on that.