Oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Originally Posted by 04GG
I was buying the Subaru oil by the case and that's about 2.5 oil changes and is only about $1/qt more than the T6 that way. After I had basically all leaks corrected on the WRX, it rarely ate any of it and I used it for over 2 years and I drive a LOT. I've been using it on the FXT for a few months and it has been OK on it too.
A UOA on this in your fozzy would be interesting...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:36 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Running Torco in the Fozzy right now, but might want to do one on that after I run it for a while.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I am curious, why the cheep out on "cheep" oil people? Go with the best, sure it costs you $30 more a oil change, but...compare that to the investment into your car and its nothing.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Overbear
I am curious, why the cheep out on "cheep" oil people? Go with the best, sure it costs you $30 more a oil change, but...compare that to the investment into your car and its nothing.

again, read manufacture specs.
Dude why are you so gun-ho about a cheep oil?

1)Read whole thread
2)?
3)Profit

Use whatever oil you want, don't give a **** one way or the other. HOWEVER if you run t6, know there is a chance you will **** your catalytic converters up.

ertified and recommended are 2 different things. There are oils out there "certified" to work with the Lotus, but they will void any warrantee you have if you run them and not run exactly what they...

What is really kind of sad, is all this back and forth is over a few dollars. Because a few folks want to save 10-15 bucks on a oil change on their 15K+ dollar car.

Once again, you fail, and fail big kid.

As I have said every ****ing time, read the manufactures spec for the oil. Is T6 recommended for catted gas motors by Shell...NO. That's it, period, run it...

A "glowing review" by a bunch of short bus riding retards does not make for a great recommendation

All I am going to say boys and girls, is read the damn manufacture recommendations.

K&N filter (1008) is just fine, despite what a few people will try to tell you that the "bypass" is wrong, it...

anyways, I am switching over to amsoil or motul next oil change, I...

1)No, I would say its you that is full of it. Ran the K&N for 150k, no problems what so ever and I mob the crap out of my motors. All the "static testing" in the world means **** real world.

2)No, again T6, as stated by the manufacture is not for use on catted gas motors, its a DIESEL oil. For **** sake kid, RTFM. (or in this case the manufacture data sheet) Yes it passed the "rating system" for gas engines, that doesn't mean its designed for them.

I didn't say "don't run it" I have said, its not recommended for our motors by the manufacture. HUGE difference there cupcake.

Ok first off, for all the people using T6, you should NOT be using it. Even shell has said its not for use in gas turbo motors. They don't market it for our motors, they market to the...

anyways, I am switching over to amsoil or motul next oil change, I have been running the castro edge 5w-30 but while I find no oil burn, I am not 100% sure on its quality so I am going to edge away from it.

Again man, why would you run T6, when SHELL says not to? Just because its cheep?
Shut your gimp face. You don't care about anyone else's opinion and you have nothing useful to add to the conversation. You're not helping, and hopefully no one is listening to you.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gancherov
Shut your gimp face. You don't care about anyone else's opinion and you have nothing useful to add to the conversation. You're not helping, and hopefully no one is listening to you.
Kid, have you ever heard the term "children are best seen and not heard" before?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Lol jesus. Just change your damn earl! Simple process, quit fighting.

STOP YELLING!!!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Kid, have you ever heard the term "children are best seen and not heard" before?
I saw your comment last night in regards to cheap oil. Have you ever thought that some people cant afford said oil? Or maybe they are happy with what they have. T6 is proven to work with these motors through countless UOA. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE IT. You are disrespectful and need to calm your *******. Do your research and stop flaming and praising that you are the G-d of Oil.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by oshrizak
I saw your comment last night in regards to cheap oil. Have you ever thought that some people cant afford said oil? Or maybe they are happy with what they have. T6 is proven to work with these motors through countless UOA. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE IT. You are disrespectful and need to calm your *******. Do your research and stop flaming and praising that you are the G-d of Oil.
LOL, god of oil? and you can't even type out the word god? really? no I am not the ghost in the clouds of oil. Just an ******* who happens to think a few people in this thread throwing around recommendations without knowing what the **** they are talking about, need to be called on that ****.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
and you can't even type out the word god? really?.
Hes a jew
Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
I'd love to hear what oil you think is the best overbear. I honestly love my T6, and the topic of cats getting damaged because of it doesn't change my mind. However, if this issue was reoccuring left and right, then I'd definitely rethink about the oil I use, but so far, I haven't seen anything wrong with Rotella T6 damaging the cat.

And the issue of pricing... Not everyone can afford a $60 oil jug every 3,000miles...
Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
I'd love to hear what oil you think is the best overbear. I honestly love my T6, and the topic of cats getting damaged because of it doesn't change my mind. However, if this issue was reoccuring left and right, then I'd definitely rethink about the oil I use, but so far, I haven't seen anything wrong with Rotella T6 damaging the cat.

And the issue of pricing... Not everyone can afford a $60 oil jug every 3,000miles...
I am running amsoil right now, might switch to motul, then again my last motor went 154,000 on mobil 1 with no problems and no undo wear (other than the idiot driver that pushed it far too hard and it went BOOM)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
I am running amsoil right now, might switch to motul, then again my last motor went 154,000 on mobil 1 with no problems and no undo wear (other than the idiot driver that pushed it far too hard and it went BOOM)
Different flavors from each of those brands in 5w30 - deets pls.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
If you're so worried about phosphorus in your oil, why the hell would you switch to Motul?

Go from telling people to stay away from T6 because it has too much phosphorus for the cats, but then contemplate going to an oil with even more? You contradict yourself so much, why you even try to give advice you don't even follow is beyond me.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
If you're so worried about phosphorus in your oil, why the hell would you switch to Motul?
No clue dude, never heard anyone tell me Motul has a high phosphorus level. Thanks for the heads up, I will stay with what I have now.

See how hard that was, good info was given (high phosphorus) and you just saved my cobb catted downpipe. Unlike some of the **** for brains in this thread, I am willing to take advice as its offered.

Now, as to the rest of your ASSumptions, I think we can leave them aside.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
Different flavors from each of those brands in 5w30 - deets pls.
wait, what? I am lost now.

Quick Reply: Oil change