Official: Mt. Hammy 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Car Info: RWD SR20/Impreza
When will the nominations start for cars to be entered in the show?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by RiSky
When will the nominations start for cars to be entered in the show?
Soon as we figure out whos heading it up.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
wsup, Ray? Message me if you need anything. Thought I had your number, but I guess I don't

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I was actually getting ready to drop you a line on facey space.

and having Daniel dancing and singing along was the best part, just like in '06

Originally Posted by brucelee
If anyone has computer speakers (good loud ones), we can just hook an ipod up to it like we have past years and it works like a charm. Best part is that it's free.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
wsup, Ray? Message me if you need anything. Thought I had your number, but I guess I don't

and having Daniel dancing and singing along was the best part, just like in '06
For real. My goal is to get us back to the roots of what made this become an event in the first place. The love for the drive and getting a bunch of folks together to just shoot the **** and have fun.

I want to take this thing old school but blow it up at the same time.

I can not wait to start making more announcements in regards to the vendors and the raffle prizes. Things are looking killer so far.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
good to hear that we're taking it back to the old school. So many fun memories at hammy

For real. My goal is to get us back to the roots of what made this become an event in the first place. The love for the drive and getting a bunch of folks together to just shoot the **** and have fun.

I want to take this thing old school but blow it up at the same time.

I can not wait to start making more announcements in regards to the vendors and the raffle prizes. Things are looking killer so far.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah. I had a long conversation with Mike and a couple with Justin and it really seems like that's what most people are wanting.

When the ideas first got kicked out this year a lot of people jumped in to say Hammy. So I'm really stoked to be a part of bringing it home.

This is a time for me to get to sit around and shoot the **** with guys I don't see very often but still consider very good friends. I would really like to see the old guard show up and show the new guys why we like Hammy so much.

Plus the drive. Yes we have a few idiots every year that we have to deal with and usually at least one that falls off the road but that's part of the stories we get to tell.

I remember coming off hammy and coming up next to TEDD and asking him if I was on fire. LOL! So much smoke coming off my brakes. And justin catching on fire. The dude that rolled off the side and then crawled his happy *** back up the hill. LOL! Beers. Laughs. Picnic bench jumping.

If any of you guys know contact for some of the old folks that we've lost touch with lets reach out and drag them out.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I've never been to Mt. Hammy and I just did a google maps search...wow. Looks like an awesome drive.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Giibo
I've never been to Mt. Hammy and I just did a google maps search...wow. Looks like an awesome drive.
If you go over the hill and take Mines it's a better driving road.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:50 PM

So funnest route for peninsula caravan: Livermore, Mines Road, Mt. Hammy, then Joseph Grant park?

I'm in for 92 miles of twisties. 2 hours 19 minutes according to google maps.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
You'll enjoy the drive Gabe. I actually went out yesterday and rode up Quimby and down Hamilton on my street bike
Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 PM
General Pimpin'

So funnest route for peninsula caravan: Livermore, Mines Road, Mt. Hammy, then Joseph Grant park?

The funnest is definitely going mines. But make sure you are aware of the driving abilities of the people you're with. There are some GNARLY sections out there. I passed a dude at 130mph in the air on mines back in the air.

That route is awesome but you'll miss out on the huge meet/caravan coming through san jose.

I'd venture to guess that we'll have upwards of 150 cars running together out of san jose if I can find a place to let us gather. D&B we had security issues last time.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX

That sounds like a blast man, where is the peninsula caravan meeting anyways? Or are we still waiting for that to be set.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Go to the meeting and events section. There's info there on the Peninsula caravan, but i believe they'll go straight to San Jose from Foster City.

Here's what I'm proposing:

San Mateo, CA to Joseph D. Grant County Park, California - Google Maps
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
The funnest is definitely going mines. But make sure you are aware of the driving abilities of the people you're with. There are some GNARLY sections out there. I passed a dude at 130mph in the air on mines back in the air.

That route is awesome but you'll miss out on the huge meet/caravan coming through san jose.

I'd venture to guess that we'll have upwards of 150 cars running together out of san jose if I can find a place to let us gather. D&B we had security issues last time.
You'll also have to watch out for locals on that road. They don't like you smashing on their road. I came upon a tractor and 2 pickups that were taking up the whole road going from one section of farm land to another. I was behind them a good 10 minutes at 10mph. Then they all get into the oncoming lane, I see a road on the left, I start to accelerate legally in my lane and the tractor suddenly turns right onto a road hidden by trees. Thankfully I was passing them slowly, but you can come upon them.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Go to the meeting and events section. There's info there on the Peninsula caravan, but i believe they'll go straight to San Jose from Foster City.

Here's what I'm proposing:

San Mateo, CA to Joseph D. Grant County Park, California - Google Maps

I think Heedz was going to organize a Peninsula caravan. He did it last year and there was a good turnout. 100 miles sounds like a little much to me. Looks like a fun drive though.

Quick Reply: Official: Mt. Hammy 2012