Official: BAM Postgame wrap up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Heres my take on BAM:
The Bad:
-Parking spots were limited, and locations were inconvenient. Had to park far away, and tried to bring everything in one trip. Even then I had to walk back to car.
-No music, felt really boring/slow around the noon time
-Food trucks bailing last minute, had to retalk to friends about lunch
-No Cell/internet service
-$5 entrance fee into the park...? (yes im cheap. )
-Difficult finding prepaid shirts/hoodie, as it wasn't easy to spot like the ticket booth
-Drive up Mt. Hammy was a bit creepy hearing all these past stories

The Good:
-Very organized I must admit for 300+ people (booth/show/food locations)
-Last minute hot dog vendor was awesome!
-the people there were great!
-Drive up was fun and scenic
-Bathroom+Water fountain (I wouldn't drink from it though..)
-Ticket raffle was very amusing even though I didn't get anything
Old 09-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Lol Matt you can't complain about the parking!!! haha.

Sorry about the music I'll take full blame for that one. We got the power cord out but when Cliff had to take off and we couldn't find Glen I was statued at the food line and by that time it was definitely too late to get music going .
Old 09-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Heedz

Sorry about the music I'll take full blame for that one. We got the power cord out but when Cliff had to take off and we couldn't find Glen I was statued at the food line and by that time it was definitely too late to get music going .
too bad! I was too lazy and wanted to get fat that day... (well, every sunday I should say...)

It's alright, you guys were busy too, so I don't blame you.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
You contradicted yourself with the drive comments.. Haha.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by DSav408
You contradicted yourself with the drive comments.. Haha.
I know, haha.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream

I know, haha.
Bahaha. It's late... I'll give you that.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by DSav408
Bahaha. It's late... I'll give you that.
I reread it and I sound like a retard. LOL

I meant to say Prior to driving up Hammy, it was creepy after hearing all those past stories.. (crashes, gravel turns, etc..)
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX

Agreed. Cliff and Heedz were stretched all over the place (thanks guys). Next time we'll get it better and prep earlier
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
The event overall was pretty successful for being put together in 2 months. Everyone who contributed did a wonderful job and in the end, all that matters is that we all meet new faces, don't go hungry, vendors get their name out there, and money goes towards the charity. I think if you think of it in that aspect, this was a successful event.

The bad has already been mentioned so no point in repeating what was said. But maybe there should be something for the kids to do? Activities for everyone? Something between generations... I think that would be fun. It would also allow for some friendly competition, help with the donations (i.e., donate $1 to throw a pie in someone's face?) and just gives us something to laugh at. We can do tug-o-war or something else that's fun =)

Also for the car show, I think reinstating the awards for every generation would ensure that more people would want to take part. It's nice to have Best GC, bugeye, blobeye, hawkeye, 08-09, wagons, legacy, etc. Plenty of the vendors who I'm friends with are willing to contribute to putting in money for trophies, plaques, etc. for the car show and whatnot.

We couldn't help much these last 2 years because of school but maybe next year, since we'll be done with school, we can help you guys out. Since we've already done BAM before, we already know what to expect. If next year you need food vendors, DJs, activities, etc. I have hooks with all the food trucks (but not up HAMMY or any steep mountains), food caterers, plenty of DJ friends, etc. But of course, everything needs to be planned so I can give everyone a heads up.

I think as long as things get planned out early and enough people contribute, next year will be an even better event. But I still very much enjoyed BAM like I always do since I get to see all my friends from the bay (cause in the end, that's what it's all about!) Great job this year! ^_^
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Oh 4 panda
But maybe there should be something for the kids to do? Activities for everyone? Something between generations... I think that would be fun. It would also allow for some friendly competition, help with the donations (i.e., donate $1 to throw a pie in someone's face?) and just gives us something to laugh at. We can do tug-o-war or something else that's fun =)
While it woulda been cool to have some of these fun activities/events, we really didn't have a chance to get anything organized. Luckily, we had someone post about getting something for the kiddies to do since it seemed we were gonna have at least a dozen of them up there. Also, turns out that we didn't have easy access to the nice grassy Rose Garden area (foot bridge was under repair), so it wouldn't have been as ideal for doing some of these physical activities.

Oh, and re: "something between generations," do you mean like competition between bugeyes vs. pignoses, wagons vs. hatches vs. sedans, etc.? That sounds awesome. Maybe even do caravan vs. caravan. But if by "generations," you meant 20-yr-olds & under, 21-24, 25-29, 30-somethings, 40-somethings, etc., that be a slaughter depending on what we'd be competing at. A grueling obstacle course or 40-yard dash would be one-sided. But so would the complaining-about-young-whipper-snappers event?

Originally Posted by Oh 4 panda
We couldn't help much these last 2 years because of school but maybe next year, since we'll be done with school, we can help you guys out. Since we've already done BAM before, we already know what to expect. If next year you need food vendors, DJs, activities, etc. I have hooks with all the food trucks (but not up HAMMY or any steep mountains), food caterers, plenty of DJ friends, etc. But of course, everything needs to be planned so I can give everyone a heads up.

I think as long as things get planned out early and enough people contribute, next year will be an even better event. But I still very much enjoyed BAM like I always do since I get to see all my friends from the bay (cause in the end, that's what it's all about!) Great job this year! ^_^
Two yrs ago, I know you had some pretty cool stuff for us to do. Was fun helping you out, too. Next year, you'll hafta head up the activities crew.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM

I wonder how hard it would be for us to get a couple arcade machines for next year, maybe like marvel vs capcom, or a time crisis machine. I bet there's plenty of rental companies out there for it.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I wonder how hard it would be for us to get a couple arcade machines for next year, maybe like marvel vs capcom, or a time crisis machine. I bet there's plenty of rental companies out there for it.
Forza time attack tourney!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Forza time attack tourney!
Bring it Ray.

Actually WestCoast!!!!!! SHOUT OUT TO YOU

PRIUS RACE FUJIMI DOWNHILL!!!!!!!