Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by KOSTI
Have you even been slammed to the ground by a cop? Have you ever had two cops on you like that? You aint going ANYWHERE.

Procedure, one of the back near your shoulders and neck, One on the legs. Even if you were kicking, which he was not, you aint gonna do ****.

So no, he was NOT resisting. Punk *** cop didnt know how to deal with **** and shot him.
no point arguing. he's still going to imply that Grant deserved it. maybe he lacks perspective, maybe he likes to watch empathizing people get upset, maybe he's just pushing your buttons, which would be borderline troll behavior. who knows.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
geez guys i never said he deserved to be shot or it was warranted...did you read correctly?

you can see in the video that office had trouble cuffing the guy...

you ever handcuff someone? its really easy if they comply...doesnt take 15 seconds

all im saying is, is that he wasnt helping the situation..could have been diffused a lot easier
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
no point arguing. he's still going to imply that Grant deserved it. maybe he lacks perspective, maybe he likes to watch empathizing people get upset, maybe he's just pushing your buttons, which would be borderline troll behavior. who knows.
hah you are starting to push my buttons..which would be borderline troll behavior..did i ever say he deserved it? NOT ONCE
Old 01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Yin

^ yeah like not pulling out your gun and proceed to pull the trigger? diffused pretty easily if you ask me.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by slugrx
hah you are starting to push my buttons..which would be borderline troll behavior..did i ever say he deserved it? NOT ONCE
oh come on. i'm just commentating here. im not trying to push your buttons
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
^ yeah like not pulling out your gun and proceed to pull the trigger? diffused pretty easily if you ask me.
go farther back..how about when the cops stopped the bart car, the people who were causing the trouble could have just come forward and not started this whole big situation
Old 01-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Yin

^ that will never happen. how many times on Cops has a perp just come forward and said, oh sorry officer it was me. please arrest me.

and hindsight is 20/20. why do people run from the cops, why do people commmit crimes to begin with? to get caught?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Just because it doesn't happen on COPS doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

No one would watch a boring police show...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Yin

haha i know. im just saying... why would that happen in a train full of drunk party goers on new years eve? especially after a fight and people are just trying to get home. no one is thinking responsibly. but it doesnt mean they should get shot.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
^ that will never happen. how many times on Cops has a perp just come forward and said, oh sorry officer it was me. please arrest me.

and hindsight is 20/20. why do people run from the cops, why do people commmit crimes to begin with? to get caught?
that will never happen? well too bad cuz it has happened before..people do turn themselves in sometimes when they realize what they did wrong
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I agree with you.

Originally Posted by R-Dub
No, it really isn't.

I would reject any mentality that says 'Speak up and you will get shot.'

This is not a facist state, and we cannot allow the police to act as such.

At the same time, yes it behooves you to comply with an officer who is acting within his power and protocol.

Chris - There is nothing 'natural' about this tragedy.
Maybe you misunderstood. In the heat of the action might always equals right. After the fact and when all is calm, the pen is always mightier than the sword. My point is, in the heat of the action, when the guy with the gun tells you to do something, you do it without hesitation. Or you just don't put yourself in that situation to begin with. Rights are one thing, but at some point wisdom and self preservation have to kick in. If they don't, at sometime it's going to come back to bite you in the ***. When I was a kid (younger than this guy) I would pull all nighters, party every weekend. As an adult, married man, father, & productive member of society, I don't do that stuff anymore. I doubt in this lifetime you'll see me proned out by the cops for any reason. I know better, I know what's best for my little girl, and I know what my wife expects of me.

Did this guy deserve to get shot? Hell no! Could he have made a few different choices that night? If it was me that got pulled off the train by the cops, I would have kept my mouth shut & my hands by my side or where ever they told me to put them. "Yes sir, no sir". Not that I'd be on Bart that time of night for any reason. I'm not saying live your life like you're walking on egg shells, just use some common sense.

I agree with you 100% that this was a tragedy.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:49 PM

^^+1234567
Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
How many of you have ever had

A) A gun stuffed into your face
Yup... by a cop no less...
B) Had to stuff a gun into someone's face?
Can't say that I have.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Chris - Agreed, I read it the wrong way.

Yes - when it is survive or die and someone (I don't care who) has a gun and tells you to do something; you are probably better off doing it.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yup... by a cop no less...

Well, that figures.

Quick Reply: Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)