just got state reffed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:11 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Is there a "good" strain of syphillis?
Well no but sometimes it has its benefits.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM

time to start taking the bus
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 subaru impreza wrx STi
hmm thats odd cuz teh K&N intae is legal, i used to have one and a cop pointed out the carb sticker....alo i was pulled over a few weeks ago and the cop poped my hood saw all my mods and knew everything! " well theres a external wastegate, blowoff valve these lines are for the boost controller this is a front mount intercooler the subarus come with one that sits on top and this def. isnt a stock factory turbo" word by word. i was shocked anyways he said he was going to state ref me but there are none around since all of the budget cuts? and he just wrote me up for an exhaust
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by l ANTHONY FTW l
hmm thats odd cuz teh K&N intae is legal, i used to have one and a cop pointed out the carb sticker....alo i was pulled over a few weeks ago and the cop poped my hood saw all my mods and knew everything! " well theres a external wastegate, blowoff valve these lines are for the boost controller this is a front mount intercooler the subarus come with one that sits on top and this def. isnt a stock factory turbo" word by word. i was shocked anyways he said he was going to state ref me but there are none around since all of the budget cuts? and he just wrote me up for an exhaust
haha scary.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 2008 STi OBP
Originally Posted by Overbear
1)return to stock as everyone has said.
2)Talk to a lawyer! it will cost you about $150 for a hour of his/her time. You want a lawyer that can draft a formal complaint letter for you. This he will send in to the chief of police, and will in turn go to IIB. The officer will get a copy of the letter in his HR folder, and a "mark" will be placed. This means he will be warned not to engage you again, and that he must call in another officer to deal with you at any time.
I'd urge you to stay away from the Internal Affairs option. A close friend just finished 'substance abuse' class (don't ask) and one of her classmates tried the Internal Affairs complaint route with a cop that pulled him over for a field sobriety test. Over the next year, he was pulled over at least once a week and racked up over $6k in tickets (mostly non-points violations) from all manner of local and state PD. Either he was a really terrible driver or made himself a target with that complaint. Not worth the risk.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by shagginwagon
I'd urge you to stay away from the Internal Affairs option. A close friend just finished 'substance abuse' class (don't ask) and one of her classmates tried the Internal Affairs complaint route with a cop that pulled him over for a field sobriety test. Over the next year, he was pulled over at least once a week and racked up over $6k in tickets (mostly non-points violations) from all manner of local and state PD. Either he was a really terrible driver or made himself a target with that complaint. Not worth the risk.
Yea going to have to say your close friend was lied to, or made the up the story. First off IIB complaints are locked down, officers can not talk about them, no one can look them up, and anyone caught is facing a felony charge.

Second off, local and state LEO rarely talk to each other on major cases, let alone something so petty as a complaint letter. Yes there is the whole "thin blue line" but, it only goes so far.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Die lame thread Die!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
You break the law and then complain about it?
That's just silly....
happens all the time....'illegal search'....no warrant....blah, blah, blah....criminals get off scott free for blatently getting busted, but some technicality.

Haven't you watched the last Batman? Boondock Saints? <insert cop movie here>

Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
He only needs to find one thing to give you the ticket and your Intake is not C.A.R.B. legal, which is surprising for K&N. But, having the intake trip the cop to give you a ticket just opened a can of worms with all the other mods.

Back to stock...had to do that to a friends STI recently. Her car was from Arizona and needed CA plates, which included a Smog. BugEyeRex02 donated his stock TBE and it fit on the 06 STI.

Can't wait till they pull me over, I am just running a legal SPT CBE, and its loud enough to make cops tail me everywhere. I have a feeling they want to ref me too.