just got state reffed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM

So, your car is not smog legal and you are wanting to file a complaint against a cop who wrote you a ticket for this?

The same cop has also come to your house for noise disturbance, and has signed off a previous fix-it. Who do you think they will believe if you complain?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
put your car back to stock for awhile, then if he pull you over again just fight it back.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
everything back to stock. no use in complaining, cause after all, you are breaking the law by having items on the car that are not supposed to be there. it's part of the game
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
My advice: don't **** with him. Do what he says.

I sense some sort of "history" here between you...and yes he can do everything to you he said he would.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Go get drunk off your *** and throw as soda into the back seat of a wagon, the I'm sure he'll let you go

Really though, go back to stock and get it written off. He's already got beef with you, no need to provoke any Rodney King crap over Mods on your car(jk....not really)
Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea the cop can do everything he said he can do to you, which sucks, and obviously he remembers you from multiple visits. Now that you're tuned into his memory, I'd suggest not pressing his buttons.

I'm not 100% sure he knows about cars, but if he does, make sure you make it look as stock as possible and for HIDs and other mods that have been tampered, I hope you have legit documentation to show they are legal... and if they're not, he's correct again. As long as it is emission safe I don't think he has the right to tow your car? I'm not sure, there are officers here that know the rule.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:43 AM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Yea the cop can do everything he said he can do to you, which sucks, and obviously he remembers you from multiple visits. Now that you're tuned into his memory, I'd suggest not pressing his buttons.

I'm not 100% sure he knows about cars, but if he does, make sure you make it look as stock as possible and for HIDs and other mods that have been tampered, I hope you have legit documentation to show they are legal... and if they're not, he's correct again. As long as it is emission safe I don't think he has the right to tow your car? I'm not sure, there are officers here that know the rule.
Make it look as stock as possible.... Besides for the samco hoses that can be changed to stock or black... This beast looks stock but about 4k has went into this engine!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:45 AM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Originally Posted by chank
welcome to the club.... i just got state reff'd last night too.
was your car stock?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 AM

Car Info: Nadda
For the hoses the only one you really need is the Y-pipe hose, or turbo inlet hose I think. The other samco hoses when heated are not as restricted as the stock ones. They expand more, slowing the boost by a few. The material isn't as good. The stock ones are better built for heat and air pressure and will serve better for ventilation through your IC system. If anything get a black turbo inlet hose, switch the rest back to stock.

I think you can stay with your catless DP and borla hush. (keep it below 4k around town, especially in San Jose/Milpitas). But for going to get a state ref sign off put back on the stock DP and make sure you run your car hard (or get it nice n' warm) by the time you get to the state Ref. Uppipe isn't much of a worry. I'm pretty sure the Hush is below DBs, i like that exhaust cuz it still has the growl after 4k =P.

If you plan on keeping mods on the car (like your intake) make sure you got all the legal documents (the manufacture site might even have them for download, contact their customer service you might be able to get PDFs of legal documentation from them). I also heard a while back that a guy with an HKS Carbon TI got his lawyer to fax him legal documentation that his exhaust was below the legal dB limit, and he just showed that to the cop and the cop let him go.

In any case, probably just 2 hours of work under the car for a DP swap and you should be good for a state ref.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:01 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

go back to 100%.

if he's gonna continue to mess you with, file a complaint...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:15 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
1)return to stock as everyone has said.
2)Talk to a lawyer! it will cost you about $150 for a hour of his/her time. You want a lawyer that can draft a formal complaint letter for you. This he will send in to the chief of police, and will in turn go to IIB. The officer will get a copy of the letter in his HR folder, and a "mark" will be placed. This means he will be warned not to engage you again, and that he must call in another officer to deal with you at any time.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 05 Mazda 3
Originally Posted by 04subaruwrx
from the cop in Burlingame that's been threatening me for a couple weeks.He finally got me. The code is 27156(b). The cop came to my house for noise disturtance a couple weeks ago and he also signed off my modified exhaust for HKS Carbon ti before this. Should I complain to internal affairs? I have a borla hush exhaust and a catless downpipe and uppipe but the cop didnt see any of that. All he saw was a K & N intake sticker. How can I fight this?
Take it to court and before going to court get a CARB sticker from K& N.
When I fought mine the officer never showed up and the case was dismissed
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Maybe I'm reading the date wrong cause I'm mobile but someone pulled this thread outta the dinosaur log from november last year and it took off like a bad strain of syphillis. Ha ha jk

Good luck with this
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
You break the law and then complain about it?
That's just silly....
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Maybe I'm reading the date wrong cause I'm mobile but someone pulled this thread outta the dinosaur log from november last year and it took off like a bad strain of syphillis. Ha ha jk

Good luck with this
Is there a "good" strain of syphillis?

Quick Reply: just got state reffed