Japan 8.8M quake + mega tsunami

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 PM

better info should be coming out soon, japan is now accepting more international help and the NRC is sending technical experts.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:13 PM

All the info we are hearing on the news is hearsay. Even the reports from the Japanese govt should be taken skeptically.

Japanese never confirmed a partial meltdown, they are just operating under the circumstances as a precaution. No one knows the actual water level in the reactors or the status of the fuel pools. A lot of instrumentation were damaged and this can only be confirmed by people inside the reactor vessel (which I doubt anyone is due to the danger).

Media and experts are just guessing at this point based on supporting info, and what they can get out of the japanese. Basically, no one knows what is actually going on except the people at the plants (and I'm guessing they are a little busy to talk to the media right now). We probably won't know all the details until this is all over.

Also, if you research the background of the people the media are interviewing, majority of them are anti-nuclear.

Last edited by blaznasn; 03-13-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 PM

If you guys want other sources of info, you can look at

www.nei.org

or

www.nrc.gov
Old 03-13-2011, 02:17 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Latest reports on the ***ushima reactor.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/12/***ushima-nuclear-blast-japan-alert?CMP=twt_gu
Damn, my friend's husband's family lives in Hukushima.
MODS!

somethingsomething swear filter somethingsomething
Old 03-13-2011, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
blaznasn: Man, thanks for dropping knowledge!

irrational x: 福島 is 福島, swear filter or not.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
saw this online, speaks to the character of the japanese people

The Japanese people are known for their orderliness and respect and did not abandon these characteristics in the disaster aftermath. Sendai survivors lined up and waited their turns to buy what they could in the few shops left.

this, however, made me furious and i can not believe people are thinking this

http://ompldr.org/vN3Mxdg
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by slugrx

Wow.... every one of those people quoted in that image needs to die a painful death. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Payback for Toyota gas pedal problems?!!? WTF is wrong with people.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by apetron
Wow.... every one of those people quoted in that image needs to die a painful death. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Payback for Toyota gas pedal problems?!!? WTF is wrong with people.
yeah, even worse, people are liking their statuses and commenting on them saying similar things...i almost bet NONE of those people live on the west coast or have even been to hawaii for that matter or were affected by pearl harbor

to all those people
Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Car Info: Fast
Surprised? Not everybody in this world is as tolerant as you might think. And who is to say whether any of those people were affected by Pearl Harbor? Considering that is the event that brought the U.S. into WWII, I would say most Americans who had family living here in the 40s were affected by Pearl Harbor. A lot of people have Parents, Grand Parents, and other family that they were never able to meet because of WWII.

Not saying that I believe this, but I know that a lot of Americans think this way. It actually took me a long time to get over anti-Japanese ideals that I was taught growing up.

Either way, this and pearl Harbor are a world apart. What is happening to Japan is terrible, and people need to get over their predjudices with Japan. I have actually had a couple arguments on this very topic over the last 2 days...man it makes my blood boil!!

Last edited by aboothman; 03-13-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx

There is all kinds of racism because of what they did during WWII. Go on some Korean and Chinese forums, you will find similar comments. Pretty horrible considering how much time has passed.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:20 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by blaznasn
There is all kinds of racism because of what they did during WWII. Go on some Korean and Chinese forums, you will find similar comments. Pretty horrible considering how much time has passed.
especially on the Korean and Chinese forums...

you think pearl harbor is bad? try Nanking...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

people dont just forget **** like that.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 PM

Car Info: Fast
A lot of really nasty stuff happened during WWII. It is easy to say it should be left in the past, but a lot of hate gets passed down generation after generation. I was not going to mention Nanking cause I don't want this thread to get all negative, but there it is ^^ American always think they have it the worst tho

Yesterday I tried to tell someone who is anti-Japanese that those who are suffering today should not be blamed for the things that happened before most of them were born. Unfortunately I do not think that we as Humans are evolved enough to embrace this concept yet :\

Anyway, I really hope that I do not wake up tomorrow to hear that one of their reactors melted down
Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by aboothman
Anyway, I really hope that I do not wake up tomorrow to hear that one of their reactors melted down
For serious. I hope they can get that **** back under control. Or just shut it the **** down. But WTF do I know, I dont know how they work
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Wow, you know I never once thought about pearl harbor with this earth quake/tsunami, and I was in the Army. People are stupid.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:42 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by aboothman
A lot of really nasty stuff happened during WWII. It is easy to say it should be left in the past, but a lot of hate gets passed down generation after generation. I was not going to mention Nanking cause I don't want this thread to get all negative, but there it is ^^ American always think they have it the worst tho

Yesterday I tried to tell someone who is anti-Japanese that those who are suffering today should not be blamed for the things that happened before most of them were born. Unfortunately I do not think that we as Humans are evolved enough to embrace this concept yet :\

we still hunt down members of the SS... but we dont get happy when german civilians die.

its just plain wasis in my opinion. americans have allot less to hate the japanese for (unless you were a bond trader in the 90s') than the chinese or koreans do.

Quick Reply: Japan 8.8M quake + mega tsunami