I F'ing HATE SJPD.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by mcdrama
Maybe you were not able to see the sarcasm in my post.

My bad... Mondays and their associated stress have me all riled up, so I didn't read it as sarcasm. That being said, "insanity" or mental illness doesn't mean this person was any less deserving to get shot. I'm with you on criminal convictions, where the crime is already commited and a punishment is being decided, however this was heat-of-the-moment and self defense on the officers part. Mentally ill or not, that person was threatening the life of that officer, and officer had to take appropriate measures to stop them. It's not as though shooting them was the first responce.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 12:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Froride1
here is an excerpt from the SJ Merc article. Seems this guy might have had a propensity to go after cops.

In 2002, Bojcic was arrested by Concord police after he tried to reclaim his Honda, which had been seized in a drunken-driving investigation. After learning his impounded car had been sold, Bojcic shattered the windows of a patrol car with a four-foot piece of lumber and smashed a side window with a slab of concrete from a nearby construction site, according to news accounts at the time. A records search showed that Bojcic had been cited or charged at least six times in Contra Costa County beginning in 1996.
And some of you here think Bojcic was "innocent"?
One less POS wandering the streets endangering my family.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:39 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Despite the fact that some think the guy deserves to be shot... cuz he's a nut... we forget to recognize the people that have the "privilege" of seeing him get shot. I don't know if anyone else has experienced seeing someone get seriously injurred, but it can be pretty mentally scarring.... I live in Cupertino and a lot ofl the kids that go to the Bux around here are pretty young.... 14-17..... that's some scare shiiite
Old 09-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by Froride1
here is an excerpt from the SJ Merc article. Seems this guy might have had a propensity to go after cops.
Sounds like he should have been sentenced to proper treatment in a decent mental facility instead of being locked up in jail or freed.

We can thank the late Ronald Reagan for the current pathetic public mental health situation.

The news reported that people are protesting in S.J. as we speak...
Old 09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by dahveed
Sounds like he should have been sentenced to proper treatment in a decent mental facility instead of being locked up in jail or freed.

We can thank the late Ronald Reagan for the current pathetic public mental health situation.

Now THAT, I can agree with.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
Despite the fact that some think the guy deserves to be shot... cuz he's a nut... we forget to recognize the people that have the "privilege" of seeing him get shot. I don't know if anyone else has experienced seeing someone get seriously injurred, but it can be pretty mentally scarring.... I live in Cupertino and a lot ofl the kids that go to the Bux around here are pretty young.... 14-17..... that's some scare shiiite
Hopefully it teaches them to be law abiding decent citizens.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
he had what was coming to him. Although instead of shooting him dead, i would have taken out his kneecaps or something just to see him attempt to wriggle around for swinging a chair at me.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
What you guys may not know is, this cop could very well lose his job and be sued in civil matters. Any time a police officer discharges their gun they go through a lot of investigations and they have to justify beyond a doubt that they were in fear for their life. My friend is a cop and he wouldn't even pull his gun out of his holster to show me if cause he knows only to remove it when absolutely necessary.

Now this cop could have very well feared for his life. If he feels that getting hit with a chair and seeing that the tazor didn't work (mind you not knowing that only one prong hit the suspect), he would pull his gun. Since none of us were there or in that cops shoes, how can any one make any judgements. Everybody will have different stories as to what really happened. So just **** it all.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
You hit a cop with a chair...you deserve what you get.

One less **** up on the streets.

+1 Darwin
+1 SJPD
+1 for local safety

Wrong! The story is way skewed.

He kicked over a chair that went tumbling towards the officer. Even if he did throw the chair at the officer, it really didn't hit him... is that a reason to shoot and kill him? He didn't just shoot him once... he shot him in the neck, and in the chest several times. ***** *** officer... I seriously hope he gets hit by a car and dies.

If he didn't have a weapon, that officer had no ****ing right to shoot and kill him! If he shot him in the leg, this would be different... but shooting him in the neck and chest? All the starbucks employees said he's a nice guy who went there everyday and had his morning coffee and cigarette... apparently the managment didn't like him or something... they interviewed some people that work there. They said it was way uncalled for. I'll take their word for what happened over some pig. I believe NOTHING any cops says anymore... almost all of them are punk *** *****es.

GRRRRR.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
I agree with Brucelee, police should use their weapons as a last resort. It's a shame that man was killed.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
What you guys may not know is, this cop could very well lose his job and be sued in civil matters. Any time a police officer discharges their gun they go through a lot of investigations and they have to justify beyond a doubt that they were in fear for their life. My friend is a cop and he wouldn't even pull his gun out of his holster to show me if cause he knows only to remove it when absolutely necessary.

Now this cop could have very well feared for his life. If he feels that getting hit with a chair and seeing that the tazor didn't work (mind you not knowing that only one prong hit the suspect), he would pull his gun. Since none of us were there or in that cops shoes, how can any one make any judgements. Everybody will have different stories as to what really happened. So just **** it all.

If the cop feared for his life, he shouldn't be a cop. The victim wasn't a big guy... nor was he young. If the officer couldn't do anything to stop some average shmo without killing him... he doesn't belong on the streets. What happened to good old fashion cops who were strong, and fast? Cops that would lay out a can of whoop-*** with their batons?

Ive seen episodes of cops where highway patrol officers are attacked by people (without weapons)... all they do is baton their asses or use pepper spray... and it works every time.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Who is responsible for getting mentally handicapped people help? I would have thought that cops could do that , but I guess I'm wrong. I'm sure there is a way for them to get institutionalised without having to go to court and pleading insanity?

As stupid as it sounds this whole story reminds me of an episode of cops I saw last week. Basically a completely insane lady come at a cop with a foot-long kitchen knife. In the end she gets tackled and impales herself. Granted there was another cop there to help his partner, but throughout the whole thing the cop didn't pull out his gun. The point is there are other options that should be exercised before shooting someone.

At starbucks mace could have certainly incapacitated the man briefly, then the cop could whip out his batton and beat the guy into handcuffs. Then they would both survive? Sure I was not there and there could have been other circumstances, but it just doesn't seem right.

And for all of you people that believe cops can do no evil, just wait until your on the wrong side of the law, and no I'm not talking about a stupid traffic stop. In my expirience cops have absolutely no respect for anybody's property, and said some of the most racist **** I have ever heard. On top of that they just oozed of stupidity. There are some good cops out there, and some of my friends' fathers were very good cops, but that's just not the norm anymore.

My main point is that a good amount of cops just don't have good judgement, and one day that will effect all of you, even you tight *** law-abiders.

Oh yeah and I drove past the parking lot earlier and there is a big croud of people there paying there respects and leaving flowers incase any of you want to go.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by yayitzian
he had what was coming to him. Although instead of shooting him dead, i would have taken out his kneecaps or something just to see him attempt to wriggle around for swinging a chair at me.

wrong...

cops, and just about everyone else who has taken a firearm self defense class, has been taught to do everything to STOP THE THREAT. and that includes lethal force. granted this SJ cop had used NON lethal force and that didnt work.

shooting the knees is movie stuff...
Old 09-27-2004, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by British Banger
Who is responsible for getting mentally handicapped people help? I would have thought that cops could do that , but I guess I'm wrong. I'm sure there is a way for them to get institutionalised without having to go to court and pleading insanity?

As stupid as it sounds this whole story reminds me of an episode of cops I saw last week. Basically a completely insane lady come at a cop with a foot-long kitchen knife. In the end she gets tackled and impales herself. Granted there was another cop there to help his partner, but throughout the whole thing the cop didn't pull out his gun. The point is there are other options that should be exercised before shooting someone.

At starbucks mace could have certainly incapacitated the man briefly, then the cop could whip out his batton and beat the guy into handcuffs. Then they would both survive? Sure I was not there and there could have been other circumstances, but it just doesn't seem right.

And for all of you people that believe cops can do no evil, just wait until your on the wrong side of the law, and no I'm not talking about a stupid traffic stop. In my expirience cops have absolutely no respect for anybody's property, and said some of the most racist **** I have ever heard. On top of that they just oozed of stupidity. There are some good cops out there, and some of my friends' fathers were very good cops, but that's just not the norm anymore.

My main point is that a good amount of cops just don't have good judgement, and one day that will effect all of you, even you tight *** law-abiders.

Oh yeah and I drove past the parking lot earlier and there is a big croud of people there paying there respects and leaving flowers incase any of you want to go.

I think I'm gonna head down there... thanks man .
Old 09-27-2004, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
wrong...

cops, and just about everyone else who has taken a firearm self defense class, has been taught to do everything to STOP THE THREAT. and that includes lethal force. granted this SJ cop had used NON lethal force and that didnt work.

shooting the knees is movie stuff...

Tazors are a joke.

Pepper spray is the worst thing ever... it'll stop ANYONE, everytime. Its proven to be the most effective thing against people. Why the HELL are they using whack *** tazors?

Quick Reply: I F'ing HATE SJPD.