House help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I am actually at a computer for the first time in a long time so I wanted to actually post something up.

Ended up going from just being sick to getting pneumonia after the weekend we moved. Sucked. Missed a week of work. Not stoked.

Anyways.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for coming out and helping. I wish I could have at least gotten you all some gas money. It's not close. But I'll do a house warming party or something for you guys and get some decent meat on the grill to say thank you. And I want you all to know that if you ever need help and I can help I'll do my best to be there.

I still have someone's moving straps. Who's are those and I'll bring them out. I'm coming out to fremont soon. I need to drop off a cherry picker out there.

Frank. It was awesome meeting you and your wife. I hope you were able to make a day of it and have a good time in santa cruz. Thanks again for stepping out and helping and coming to meet everyone.

Jamison. Thanks again man. I got your back in anything man.

Gagan. One of the best guys I've met on i-club and a person I have come to call a friend over the years. Thanks for coming out to help. Don't ever think you owe me anything man. If I come out to help on anything it's because I want to.

Cliff. Same for you buddy. We've spent a lot of time together over the years and you're a good dude. Always step up.

Steve. Thanks again for helping on the garage buddy. Hopefully you weren't late for dinner.

Justin. Per the usual... love you brother. Hope you got that scratch out.

Thanks to all your SO's for lending you all out to me.

Oh and Frank... I'll be the one to say it... you scored bro. You're wife is awesome and she's a looker. LOL! She was a huge help to my wife and she said to make sure I thanked her for her so pass that on if you would.

Please tell me I got everyone or I'm gonna feel like a bastard.

Oh... and sorry Jamison for having to ride with my brother. He is as annoying as a toddler when he gets beers in him.

As for progress. Still have an insane amount of work to do.

Got maybe a 40% of the dumpster filled up so far. Got the garage emptied and cleaned. House is mostly empty and mostly clean. Be finishing that up this week.

Basement needs to be finished. I don't know wtf to do with that huge tv. Haaaa.

Still need to move the caddy.

Still working on the shed. Found some 40's clothes press thing out there. Pretty cool but wtf do I do with it. Haaaa.

Tonight I'm hoping to sell the hot tub for next to nothing. LOL! And probably load up a truck of good will isht and spend a hour filling the dumpster.

Blah blah.... Gotta be out of there this week either way.

As for the new house. Still can't get in to it. Hopefully the roof will be done in the next 2 days. Floors are still curing. But we did get the new hand me down washer and dryer set up in the laundry room. And my office doors are finally done. LOL!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I am actually at a computer for the first time in a long time so I wanted to actually post something up.

Ended up going from just being sick to getting pneumonia after the weekend we moved. Sucked. Missed a week of work. Not stoked.

Anyways.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for coming out and helping. I wish I could have at least gotten you all some gas money. It's not close. But I'll do a house warming party or something for you guys and get some decent meat on the grill to say thank you. And I want you all to know that if you ever need help and I can help I'll do my best to be there.

I still have someone's moving straps. Who's are those and I'll bring them out. I'm coming out to fremont soon. I need to drop off a cherry picker out there.

Frank. It was awesome meeting you and your wife. I hope you were able to make a day of it and have a good time in santa cruz. Thanks again for stepping out and helping and coming to meet everyone.

Jamison. Thanks again man. I got your back in anything man.

Gagan. One of the best guys I've met on i-club and a person I have come to call a friend over the years. Thanks for coming out to help. Don't ever think you owe me anything man. If I come out to help on anything it's because I want to.

Cliff. Same for you buddy. We've spent a lot of time together over the years and you're a good dude. Always step up.

Steve. Thanks again for helping on the garage buddy. Hopefully you weren't late for dinner.

Justin. Per the usual... love you brother. Hope you got that scratch out.

Thanks to all your SO's for lending you all out to me.

Oh and Frank... I'll be the one to say it... you scored bro. You're wife is awesome and she's a looker. LOL! She was a huge help to my wife and she said to make sure I thanked her for her so pass that on if you would.

Please tell me I got everyone or I'm gonna feel like a bastard.

Oh... and sorry Jamison for having to ride with my brother. He is as annoying as a toddler when he gets beers in him.

As for progress. Still have an insane amount of work to do.

Got maybe a 40% of the dumpster filled up so far. Got the garage emptied and cleaned. House is mostly empty and mostly clean. Be finishing that up this week.

Basement needs to be finished. I don't know wtf to do with that huge tv. Haaaa.

Still need to move the caddy.

Still working on the shed. Found some 40's clothes press thing out there. Pretty cool but wtf do I do with it. Haaaa.

Tonight I'm hoping to sell the hot tub for next to nothing. LOL! And probably load up a truck of good will isht and spend a hour filling the dumpster.

Blah blah.... Gotta be out of there this week either way.

As for the new house. Still can't get in to it. Hopefully the roof will be done in the next 2 days. Floors are still curing. But we did get the new hand me down washer and dryer set up in the laundry room. And my office doors are finally done. LOL!
Dude I was so glad Cliff came riding Saturday cause I was like, Damn Jordan and beers.

Those are my Dad's carry straps. Just hang on to those and I'll get em back next time we hang out.

Jack apparently asked Dawn this morning about wanting to go to the beach so we'll have to plan something out soon.

Haven't worked on the scratch yet. Gotta get some supplies and go from there.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Right on. Beach party!

Oh... you see this? I think Oakland would be stupid to pick that dude at this point and the Eagles even stupider.
2013 NFL Mock Draft: Trades shake up the top 10 - SBNation.com

Yeah I was hoping more folks would show but Steve and Jeff went to kirkwood.

You guys watch the pond crossing. Saw that photo of that chick going in face first.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Right on. Beach party!

Oh... you see this? I think Oakland would be stupid to pick that dude at this point and the Eagles even stupider.
2013 NFL Mock Draft: Trades shake up the top 10 - SBNation.com

Yeah I was hoping more folks would show but Steve and Jeff went to kirkwood.

You guys watch the pond crossing. Saw that photo of that chick going in face first.
Yea I highly doubt they go after Geno Smith. I would not like that option. And yea Star could be good, but with his health problems, who knows.

I saw that chick. At least the first part. As she was going down the run, she was crouched over trying to get speed, apparently there wasn't a smooth transition onto the water. There was a 12 inch drop before you hit the water. She had all her weight forward, hit the water, buried the tips, supermaned.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP STI
Once again, glad to help brother. And my wife had nothing but great things to say about your wife. If you still need it and my schedule permits, Ill find my way back down there to help out some more (couldn't this last weekend, wheel bearing and hub effed up on my subie and didn't want my wheel falling off).
Old 04-15-2013, 02:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by STInavyguy
Once again, glad to help brother. And my wife had nothing but great things to say about your wife. If you still need it and my schedule permits, Ill find my way back down there to help out some more (couldn't this last weekend, wheel bearing and hub effed up on my subie and didn't want my wheel falling off).
Oh damn dude. Good luck with that repair. I had that happen with my car a while back. Had to get a new hub on there.

You guys will have to come out for the house warming for sure. It'll be a coupe months out but I'm gonna try and do it this summer.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Hey man, I'm glad to help. It wasn't that bad of a move. Plus we got pizza out of it haha.
I'm down for the house warming party. Perhaps we can discuss things that go BAM at the party. Lol
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
Hey man, I'm glad to help. It wasn't that bad of a move. Plus we got pizza out of it haha.
I'm down for the house warming party. Perhaps we can discuss things that go BAM at the party. Lol
As soon as I get in to the new house I'm going to get that rolling and set up a dinner or something. We can all meet somewhere and figure out who's doing what. I'm not in to the one man show thing this year. It was way too hard on me and everyone that was so awesome to jump in at the last minute.

I'd rather we attack this together and all know exactly what we're doing.

Right now I have these guys on my call and meet up list.
You
Gagan
Me
Cliff
Matt
Heedz
Justin

I'll see if the Steve's are down again this year as well.

We'll make that the core.

The volunteers for the rest. We need a location in the next month and a date so we can reach out to vendors and I'm talking with a few other folks as well.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
As soon as I get in to the new house I'm going to get that rolling and set up a dinner or something. We can all meet somewhere and figure out who's doing what. I'm not in to the one man show thing this year. It was way too hard on me and everyone that was so awesome to jump in at the last minute.

I'd rather we attack this together and all know exactly what we're doing.

Right now I have these guys on my call and meet up list.
You
Gagan
Me
Cliff
Matt
Heedz
Justin

I'll see if the Steve's are down again this year as well.

We'll make that the core.

The volunteers for the rest. We need a location in the next month and a date so we can reach out to vendors and I'm talking with a few other folks as well.
Love it