Hey fellow subbies :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Yea I've witnessed first hand a 2012 whiteline front end link fail out of the package. They have great customer service though, and sent a replacement asap. Thats whats helping them stay alive.

Before, version 1 of the center roll kit had problems of the boots tearing and the joint itself slipping out of the knuckle. They updated the design to fix those problems with version 2. The important part is customer service and improving your products, not denying the fact that there is anything wrong.

They have also had some product recalls in the past too.
I'll look into whiteline with my buddy tomorrow when we install my new intake. Hopefully they are as good as people say they are Where do you recommend I buy all these things? I looked into rallysportdirect but there must be somewhere better.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by oshrizak
I'll look into whiteline with my buddy tomorrow when we install my new intake. Hopefully they are as good as people say they are Where do you recommend I buy all these things? I looked into rallysportdirect but there must be somewhere better.
Theres plenty of stores, just look around online for a store with better prices. Then search for reviews of that store. If its all green and clear, place your order. Rallysportdirect has great customer service though.

Theres also turn in concepts. import racing image. speed element. plenty more really......
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Well, I shouldnt be worried about parts failing if I have the life time warranty with a company if they offer it with their parts right? But I will for sure look into places and see what is best
Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Forgot to ask... Why you say SUBBIES?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 04GG
Forgot to ask... Why you say SUBBIES?
Ha! I thought I was the only one wondering that!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by oshrizak
Well, I shouldnt be worried about parts failing if I have the life time warranty with a company if they offer it with their parts right? But I will for sure look into places and see what is best
That's a big part of the decisions I make in regards to my car.

What shop is going to back up their mistakes because EVERY shop makes them.

What companies are gonna take care of you when their parts fail or don't fit quite right because every company has those kinds of issues.

I avoid the companies that don't stand behind their product. That's why you'll see a very select group of parts on my cars. I've had a few parts fail and I've had companies say sorry... tough. And I've had companies say... we'll get you a new one in the mail tomorrow.

Hell Whiteline had a fitment issue a while back that quite honestly wasn't totally their fault.

They designed a part to work on our cars at reasonable height levels. Guys started slamming them. The sway bars started making contact. So no questions asked they said... here's what you can do if you want to fix it... or you can call us and we'll send you a new one.

I still have the bar on my car and have never had an issue with it because I don't slam my car to retarded levels.

That's why I push whiteline. Not because they're perfect but because they honor their product.

And yes... look at warranties.

Take for example Perrin's spherical bearing endlinks. They'll say LIFETIME warranty or whatever... I think it's 5 years but whatever... So you're like... sweet. Then they fail in say 15 months. They say... oh the bearings have a 1 year warranty. You can send them in and we'll fix them... but it'll cost as much as new endlinks so why bother.

Be careful of stuff like that. Make sure the whole part is warrantied because things do fail for one reason or another.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Ha! I thought I was the only one wondering that!

Haha that was the only reason I opened this thread, to read what noobness might be going on
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by slugrx
Haha that was the only reason I opened this thread, to read what noobness might be going on
Don't let this guy bug you... he's a steering wheel thief!

I kid... I kid. Good dude right there.

And yes... subbies is quite weird. It's like multiple sandwiches.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's a big part of the decisions I make in regards to my car.

What shop is going to back up their mistakes because EVERY shop makes them.

What companies are gonna take care of you when their parts fail or don't fit quite right because every company has those kinds of issues.

I avoid the companies that don't stand behind their product. That's why you'll see a very select group of parts on my cars. I've had a few parts fail and I've had companies say sorry... tough. And I've had companies say... we'll get you a new one in the mail tomorrow.

Hell Whiteline had a fitment issue a while back that quite honestly wasn't totally their fault.

They designed a part to work on our cars at reasonable height levels. Guys started slamming them. The sway bars started making contact. So no questions asked they said... here's what you can do if you want to fix it... or you can call us and we'll send you a new one.

I still have the bar on my car and have never had an issue with it because I don't slam my car to retarded levels.

That's why I push whiteline. Not because they're perfect but because they honor their product.

And yes... look at warranties.

Take for example Perrin's spherical bearing endlinks. They'll say LIFETIME warranty or whatever... I think it's 5 years but whatever... So you're like... sweet. Then they fail in say 15 months. They say... oh the bearings have a 1 year warranty. You can send them in and we'll fix them... but it'll cost as much as new endlinks so why bother.

Be careful of stuff like that. Make sure the whole part is warrantied because things do fail for one reason or another.
I too have had GREAT luck with Whiteline. I have bought loads of their parts and only had one issue with a set of adjustable rear control arms not including some hardware. I emailed them, got a personal call from someone from Whiteline and then received the parts before I had any idea what was going on.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
It's always nice when companies recognize their mistakes and do something about it. We've helped quite a few improve on their products and fitment even after the products have been out for a long time and many other people and shops have used them.

-- Ed
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM

Hahaha my bad what am I supposed to say other than subbies? You can all give me **** on it haha idc.

Also thought I would say. I installed the intake this afternoon, it is great! Suspension is totally my next project though.

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-03-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Sup fellow scoobie doos
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Sup fellow scoobie doos
Hahah will do from now on
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Or Subies?