Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
Yes you are wrong as usual Mandy :P

The 50ft thing is with Stereo systems.

-Zoeb

50ft law was the old law. It's now replaced with the "officers discretion" law. Used to be that if you got a fix it ticket for exhaust and it was noise related, you could take the car to your local CHP office and have it tested at 50ft. It couldn't be louder than 85db. Then in 2001 i believe it was raised to 95db. This also worked that if you were accused of being out of compliance, you could request that the officer test the car on the spot.

Now it's just up to an officer, and how he feels about it. NO more testing, and no more need to prove that you are out of compliance. It's pretty lame, 95db at 50ft is fairly easy to pass.

-Gagan
Old 01-09-2004, 05:38 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: HELP John Rosette pulled me over...

Originally posted by iLoqin
Holy christ, it wasn't even me he flagged down, but he busted my dad. How lame is that. In any case, Iono what the hell my dad was doin' with my car. But this guy pulls my dad over and fines my dad $500 bux for runnin' with out cats in the rear section of the car. And included the official sticker of "state referee sign off only!" And the usual no front plate, take off the tint off the front windows things.
I have 2 things to say.

First, you were driving your imported car.

With front tint.

And no front plate.

And NO CATS.

IN FREMONT.

Stop *****ing about getting caught, you should know better.

Second thing- I'll sign the petition. This guy really is an ***.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Re: Re: HELP John Rosette pulled me over...

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
I have 2 things to say.

First, you were driving your imported car.

With front tint.

And no front plate.

And NO CATS.

IN FREMONT.

Stop *****ing about getting caught, you should know better.

Second thing- I'll sign the petition. This guy really is an ***.
his dad was driving....

rossette is a punk. even most of the cops don't like that guy. I used to work at the chevron on mission by the albertsons in fremont...it's gone and some janky station is there now....

anyways. people would come in and say..hey...rossettes on the prowl just nabbed 3 cars at once...tell your customers to keep it slow all the way to 680.

dude is an ***. He'll just stand on the side of the road...well sit really. In one of a couple places and just wave people over. I've seen as many as 4 but I've heard he's gotten as high as 7.

I have gotten more fix it tickets than I remember..the cop has to be a real ***...see rossette....or the tint has to be mad mad dark...or you have to be an *** to have tints run up.

My dang little civic I got no front lisense plate. not cats. smog violation up the ying yang. bahhhh. neve once got talked to about my tints...I mean dang dude I even got asked about my breaks once.

oh smog....san jose/milpitas. The saquia institute has a smog ref station. Pretty cool guy runs it. I passed with a couple legal but still aftermarket parts...but I wouldn't risk it. Get that thing to stock...pass...get it all signed off...have a good time.

oh...and if I were you I wouldn't remove anything until you get a courtesy notice in the mail...well I can't remember the day limits anymore but I got popped in newark and got the run down. Turns out it was a pure harassment case. I took all my stuff off. Broke stuff cause I was pissed.etc..cops never submitted the tickets...and when I say cops I mean 3 cop cars. So it's possible.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:59 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Thanks for the support, when is the next big Import show? I probably can't attend, but i"ll surely pass the petition to anyone going and have a nice big poster above sayin' "Help fire Rosette, sign here" or somethin'.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
Rosette

I used to live in Fremont also around the mid-90s and Rosette pulled me over 3 times in my S14 (Nissan 240SX) for no cats and a number of different things. He specializes in this type of law enforcement and has been known to be a so-called expert in which other local police departments (Union City, Newark, Milpitas, Hayward, etc.) refer to. I think the Fremont Police Department set him up in this position to stop the increased street racing going on at the time, and he has kept that job since i guess. Fremont definitely is worst place to live or drive around if u have a highly modified car. After 3 visits to the referee, i just decided to put my car back to stock and avoid dealing with the hassle again.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:04 PM

There's the international auto show going on in San Jose. There will be, as the commercial put it, "Fast and furious" vehicles there. I say someone make a big sign and post it there. "Help Fire Rosette, Sign Petition"
Old 01-09-2004, 04:20 PM

Car Info: AW '03 wagon
besides the whole imported car, exhaust, riced outness, I think tinted windows are just asking to be pulled over. If i were an officer, I'd think you would be suspect or have something to hide.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally posted by AzN121184
anyone know where he usually patrols? so i stay away from there, cuz honestly i've never heard about this guy until now.
he patrols mostly between osgood (Fry's Electronics) and the automall row, on automall... i see him every once in a while, even wave to the **** :banana: , on another note, i saw some lady officer giving a ticket to a little kid on a motor scooter, what a rosette hoe!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally posted by laurex
besides the whole imported car, exhaust, riced outness, I think tinted windows are just asking to be pulled over. If i were an officer, I'd think you would be suspect or have something to hide.
I know 50 plus year old with tinted windows....i really don't think they have anything to hide.

People generally get tinted window for two reason. Looks and heat reduction. I leave my car parked in an open parking lot all day....the 15 degree difference is huge believe it or not. Not to mention it helps my interior to stay in better shape..not fade or crack.

Course I do agree that limo tint all the way around is just asking for trouble. Personally I don't like the way it looks anyways..tooo dark.

Either way....I just roll my windows down when I get pulled over. If the cop feels comfortable they'll usually leave you alone.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
whos going to be a man and just walk up to him and tell him he is a ****ing dick? All i hear or see on this thread is whining and *****ing.

STFU and do something about it if it makes you that mad.

GO file a formal complaint, hire a lawyer, start a petition, do something besides *****.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally posted by dr3d1zzl3
whos going to be a man and just walk up to him and tell him he is a ****ing dick? All i hear or see on this thread is whining and *****ing.

STFU and do something about it if it makes you that mad.

GO file a formal complaint, hire a lawyer, start a petition, do something besides *****.
done it. well actually I said......"man you can be a real *** hole"
Old 01-09-2004, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
I better watch out next time i am near gruppe-s or Bozz....

this guy seems to sound like a PITA.....
Old 01-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I've seen him on the side with big rigs. Haven't seen him pulled over a car yet. I didn't know he was in the SUV, i had thought they finally fired him.

-Gagan

Quick Reply: HELP John Rosette pulled me over...