got pulled over yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by nation
CHP is the worst when it comes to common car laws. since ive purchased the car CHP has pulled me over a few times and all for BS. ive been told my spoiler is a illegal modification,my catback was illegal,car was to low(rce yellows)any hose with a color other than black is illegal. i find it funny that he self proclaimed "experts" seem to know the least. just like the guy on tv a few nights ago. a self proclaimed "firearms" expert,informed the news media that the 16 day waiting period for a gun purchase isnt what deters gang memebers from buying a gun instead of stealing one. and expert doesnt even know the california waiting period. awsome.
LOL for real.

I've had people tell me I'm too low and I just asked them if they had a ruler or a measuring tape and if they were aware of where to measure.

The only laws regarding height have to do with the height of the center of the headlight and that nothing can be below the rim... that's pretty damn low if you're running a 40 series tire. LOL.

Hose color... that's funny. That's also why I used to carry a code book in my car.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
You don't really need a book. THEY have to have it. If you think it is BS, have them SHOW you in their book the exact section of code that covers what they are claiming is an infraction.

WTF does the color of a hose have to do with anything? Sometimes it just seems like they say **** to see if YOU know the law or to have something that "sounds official" to say.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
You don't really need a book. THEY have to have it. If you think it is BS, have them SHOW you in their book the exact section of code that covers what they are claiming is an infraction.

WTF does the color of a hose have to do with anything? Sometimes it just seems like they say **** to see if YOU know the law or to have something that "sounds official" to say.
It's a lot funnier to see their face when you pull your own copy out of the glove box along with a letter from the county in regards to the db limit of exhausts.

I am a huge supporter of law enforcement officers but I am not a fan of CHP or what they are forced to do. These guys are not *** holes by choice (most of them). They are forced to write tickets and be dicks for a living. It pays well and it's a solid career. So for a lot of them they're just going to work. But they just keep pumping out officers and in order to do that they have to lean on them to write more and more tickets.

I drive less than 20 miles to work. Some highway. Some city. Come canyon. I am not kidding you... I see AT LEAST 2 CHP every day and once a week at least I see 5-8. That's 5-8 guys working about a 6-8 mile stretch of road.

It's a double fine zone. They flood the area at least once a week and set up speed traps. So 8 guys working that area just pumping tickets into the system. It's retarded. It doesn't do anything to aid safety on that section of road. Hell, I got cut off this morning directly in front of a CHP. One car went by him doing a minimum of 20mph over the limit. The next car slammed on his brakes and I nearly hit him. No tickets. Dude just sat there on his cell phone. Tax money pays those guys. Tax money pays for the tickets, the courts, etc. I understand the need for the system but man I wish some of those funds could go over to the sheriffs departments that are already short staffed. Bah!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Funny thing in my area once the city dept merged onto sheriffs we've been hearing more sirens down hwy 1 than ever. Seems like theyre doing more work and actually responding. CHP just are made to make money and be asshats. It's really obvious ESP when you try to work besides them at an accident or whatever. They seem completely clueless to the point I could do their job aka this past Sunday :/
Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Yeah, I saw a dude in front of me talking on the phone drive around two CHP and look right at them as he cut me off yesterday.

We've had a few different levels of LEO in the family, all retired now, so I totally understand how it is for them as well as the fact that we do want them out there, but once in a while you do get the zealot.

They patrol wherever the most complaints and/or incidents are. If there are a string of incidents in one area, it gets patrolled more for a while.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
Yeah, I saw a dude in front of me talking on the phone drive around two CHP and look right at them as he cut me off yesterday.

We've had a few different levels of LEO in the family, all retired now, so I totally understand how it is for them as well as the fact that we do want them out there, but once in a while you do get the zealot.

They patrol wherever the most complaints and/or incidents are. If there are a string of incidents in one area, it gets patrolled more for a while.
Yeah, every time some dingus dies on my road they ramp up activity for a couple weeks. My driveway is deadly... I actually saw a CHP stuffed into the hill next to my drive way. LOL.

I'm all for the institution.

Yeah my grandpa was a retired sheriff, my uncle is a retired detective. I have another aunt and uncle both in the sheriff's department. My brother in law is fresno PD. My buddy is looking for a job right now. Put himself through the academy. I took the test but they shut down recruitment on me. My buddy is a guard at corcran or however the hell you spell it. Few other friends and family in the department as well. LOL.

I have mad respect for what they do.