View Poll Results: What to do with our UCKK meet?
Stay there, keep things how they are
16.49%
Move to the location near Borders
15.46%
Meet somewhere else all together
53.61%
Meet in a location not run by that property management
14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 AM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by killaho
lets just all meet inside chilli's
bad idea... then you would HAVE to buy something to eat/drink....

hehe
Old 06-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by soundwave
bad idea... then you would HAVE to buy something to eat/drink....

hehe

plus theres not enough jessica alba and kari to go around
Old 06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
You guys really need to look at this from a non-car-guy perspective, the way the mall management is looking at it.

Going to the mall and seeing a pack of guys hanging out in the parking lot is intimidating to the average person (especially a crowd that includes Daniel and Zoeb, ok, maybe not Zoeb.) They see the crowd and, more often than not, they go elsewhere. It doesn't matter how peaceful we are, to a soccer mom, we look like a gang.

Also, although i-club guys behave (except for screaming down the street when we leave) the meet DOES attract knuckleheads that want to show off by driving like idiots. Every time I've gone to a UCKK meet, some asshat in a POS Camry or Honda tries to do FWD burnouts in front of us. And don't even get me started on a certain M3 that used to come to the meets

I know everyone is cool at the UCKK meet and I know that i-club folks are a pretty chill bunch, but, looking from the outside, I can see why the management is freaked out.

=w=
Old 06-11-2004, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I vote IHOP, its at the far end of the shopping center and we'll probably be left alone if we go there. Also its far enough away from the main intersection of Newark blvd and Jarvis that people won't really be able to see us from over there.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 PM

I vote:
B) IHOP
Old 06-11-2004, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
IHOP sounds like a winner, with Tapioca Express as a backup.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:20 PM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by newbie
if anyone cares that place serves pastas burgers salads and much more... there is a reason pd goes there, and so do so many other people it is damn good

funny, I don't remember seeing anyother subarus there very often

~jeff

yes, cause I haven't been there that often now, school is a XXXXX, I only used up 3 hours of my $60 dallor pass like one school sems ago... so..

Alan
Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM
I <3 White Girls

Isn't IHOP part of union landing?
Old 06-11-2004, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
You guys really need to look at this from a non-car-guy perspective, the way the mall management is looking at it.

Going to the mall and seeing a pack of guys hanging out in the parking lot is intimidating to the average person (especially a crowd that includes Daniel and Zoeb, ok, maybe not Zoeb.) They see the crowd and, more often than not, they go elsewhere. It doesn't matter how peaceful we are, to a soccer mom, we look like a gang.

Also, although i-club guys behave (except for screaming down the street when we leave) the meet DOES attract knuckleheads that want to show off by driving like idiots. Every time I've gone to a UCKK meet, some asshat in a POS Camry or Honda tries to do FWD burnouts in front of us. And don't even get me started on a certain M3 that used to come to the meets

I know everyone is cool at the UCKK meet and I know that i-club folks are a pretty chill bunch, but, looking from the outside, I can see why the management is freaked out.

=w=
very well said.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
-Zoeb

The IHOP we've been referring to is the one in Newark
Old 06-11-2004, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
A friend of mine owns the 1/4lb Giant Burger in Hayward said we can use his business for I-Club meets. I-Club members will recieve 10% off at his burger place. Please let me know so I can notify him as this can be a weekly event.

1/4lb Giant Burger
24134 Mission Blvd
Hayward, CA

His lot is about 7,000 sq ft. thats plenty for us i think

Let me know

Cal
Gruppe-S
Old 06-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by 1fastGC
A friend of mine owns the 1/4lb Giant Burger in Hayward said we can use his business for I-Club meets. I-Club members will recieve 10% off at his burger place. Please let me know so I can notify him as this can be a weekly event.

1/4lb Giant Burger
24134 Mission Blvd
Hayward, CA

Let me know

Cal
Gruppe-S
Sounds like a good spot...not too far from our current meeting spot..
Old 06-11-2004, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 2003 White WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
Fire bomb it.

j/k. Move it to Milpitas or somewhere closer for us lazy southbay/penninsula'ers.
good ideas
Old 06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1fastGC

1/4lb Giant Burger
24134 Mission Blvd
Hayward, CA

Let me know

Cal
Gruppe-S
This certainly gets my vote! Not only will we be welcome, but the owner appreciates the GUARENTEED business so much that he will discount for i-Clubbers.

-Chris
Old 06-11-2004, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
Another option is to find an actual public assembly place and get a permit for "club" meetings there. Then it is legal and the city of choice can always deny you the permit if things get out of hand, but since everyone is so well behaved, that shouldn't be an issue.
Some private places might be available for a small weekly fee, like $1 a person would probably cover it.
Legal parking in unincorporated cities is always an option too, but you won't find any County roads with nice big lighted parking lots.

If you really want to stay at UCKK you could try.
Everyone just agrees to go one week and all go into Jamba, KK, and the other stores around and do a few grand of business in one night and ask the managers to sign the club petition to the property management.
With a spike in sales a few Tues in a row, all the local stores will love the club, and management might have the ammo they need to say yes to Subarus and no to others ("Those Subaru guys actually spend money, and not just stand around talking"- heh).

If they want everyone out then it is best to just move on. Unlawful trespass and assembly on private property aren't really fun to fight. An official complaint to the cops is all it takes to ruin everyone's night. BTW, if security tells you to leave, and you stay, and they call the cops, you have your trespass warning from security and are subject to arrest(willful trespass) as soon as the cops get there, if they want to be a pain.

It would be far better to have a place where the management really wanted folks there, like Big Dogs Grill or some other car friendly place.

A Wal Mart could work too.

I agree if moved, a little closer to the South Bay would be better.

Quick Reply: Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!