View Poll Results: What to do with our UCKK meet?
Stay there, keep things how they are
16.49%
Move to the location near Borders
15.46%
Meet somewhere else all together
53.61%
Meet in a location not run by that property management
14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!

Old 06-14-2004, 02:54 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Why do people keep suggesting the meets be moved to the south bay or north bay? I coulda sworn there were respective meets at other areas. Not raggin' on anyone, by any means, but c'mon, give us east bayers (Alameda county at least LOL) this one. There's already a meet in San Jose on Fridays or whatever on top of Big Dogs Grill and Starbucks. Then there's meets for you Concord people already for those in Contra Costa. You guys have an In-n-Out and a Krispy Kreme right? North Bay people have Eggettes or whatever. You guys already have your other big meets. :P

If the UCKK meet was too far for some of you in the first place, take the initiative and gather up people who are in the same position as you and start a meet at your area. I KNOW some of you aren't the only ones in your area who can't drive that far or don't wanna drive that far to Union City, Hayward, or Fremont. It's only fair IMO. There's 7 days in a week and UCKK only takes 1. Anyone else can have the rest. :P

Last edited by Hollandaze; 06-14-2004 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
WED. SJ In N Out lol

-freddie
Old 06-14-2004, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Ya I agree with Takumi, we need a meet in the east bay... if the alternate location for UCKK is pushed too far away from where I live I doubt I'll be showing up regularly. If people want to organize a meet for another area they can still do that, plus there are already many meets around the bay as is.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
i guess i'll see everyone around 8?

we're having a Dave Chapelle viewing (season 1).

see you there.

TIA

SD
Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
I dont that BS Gagan ...

we stay and until the local buisnesses report/complain, there is no legality on why we should move "PERIOD"...

we park and not stay for 72 hours. merely 2 hours tops...

they have no case and cops cannot interfere with private lots unless there is an incident /complaint from the bldg. mgt or local shops. It is why they made a huge parking lot to accomodate us. LMAO

stop by the shop gagan i know the mgt. that handles the area and will talk to them.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
the concord meet is defunct, and O'Kierney's has a near-topless tuesday night thing going, and its in Walnut Creek.

Hooters is in Dublin, and that's Alameda county, plus it doesn't have to do with that B.S. Pleasanton In & Out meet...

either way, we get some T&A, which sorely beats these tired sausage fests...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by dahveed
the concord meet is defunct, and O'Kierney's has a near-topless tuesday night thing going, and its in Walnut Creek.

Hooters is in Dublin, and that's Alameda county, plus it doesn't have to do with that B.S. Pleasanton In & Out meet...

either way, we get some T&A, which sorely beats these tired sausage fests...
I like Daveed more and more everytime he posts. Maybe it's just the avatar.

-Chris
Old 06-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
thanks, and from my avatar and meet suggestions, you can tell that I'm fixated!!!

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I like Daveed more and more everytime he posts. Maybe it's just the avatar.

-Chris
Old 06-15-2004, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
what about My Tho in newark. That's owned by a board members family and they have bomb cafe su dah (sp.)
I eat there like once a week anyways...haaaa.

But I'd say we stay until we can come up with a decent spot we can agree on.

Personally if it goes any farther than union city I probably won't show up but once every couple months. Union city is already a good drive for me. One of the reasons UCKK has been so successful is location. It's easy to get to and it's central to a lot of places. If we start moving it to hayward you're gonna loose all the milpitas/san jose guys and probably some fremont people. Hayward blows. (but that burger joing is bomb...i used to live in hayward and that place and cecil's are the best places around for hang over burgers in hayward)

I think anywhere we go we need to contact management and get permission. Start off on the right foot. I mean if we go someplace we are welcomed it will be better for everyone.

I wish the owners of bay street coffee weren't such *** holes cause that lot would probably be ok for us on non play nights.

So yeah...that's my bit.

Keep it in newark/union city. Close to the freeway. Well lit.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
^agreed
Old 06-15-2004, 10:57 AM

I dont want the uckk to move...its been so good over the last few years. We got jolibees, krispy kreme, starbucks, and in and out....Screw this i mean we arent loitering we buy goods we have just as much right to be there as the people who go to luckys. err albertsons or any other business. I say we stay. just my opinion though. i wonder how this is gonna turn out...

chris
Old 06-15-2004, 11:21 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
well i will be at uckk tonight
Old 06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
Originally Posted by wrx ish
well i will be at uckk tonight
same here
Old 06-15-2004, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
I would say that, we should try the place over by Borders, just to see how it is for the time being.....but at the same time, keep our eyes peeled for a completely new location.

Also, here's another idea.....I know alot of ppl that go to UCKK come from the north bay and beyond....so this option may not be the best as far as being centrally located, however, (just a suggestion) The BDG meets in SJ have been getting pretty nice sized...its no UCKK, but we get on average about 15-20 cars out there, and the owner of BDG embraces car clubs to come hang out. I KNOW for a fact that they would be more than happy to see the rest of us come out there for our meets. Plus I would like to see 40-50 subies take over that lot...there is plenty of parking, so that is not an issue what so ever. Maybe we could try it out one week just to see how it goes? Oh yea, also, Tuesday's are reserved for the Hot Rod clubs to meet, but Thursdays, are Subies....yes, we actually have it reserved for US....they marked us on their weekly calendar.

just a thought....but worth checking out.

-Ted

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!