View Poll Results: What to do with our UCKK meet?
Stay there, keep things how they are
16.49%
Move to the location near Borders
15.46%
Meet somewhere else all together
53.61%
Meet in a location not run by that property management
14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I say wait it out until the UCPD says so, then move to newark at Tapioca Express

-Gagan
Old 06-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Cup
VIP Member

Car Info: fast
Hey everyone, I'm from NASIOC, and I work near the UCKK (about 3 minutes away), and wanted to say theres an Albertsons you can hang around thats on the other side of the parking lot near UCKK (but you guys probably already know about it), and if you go up Whipple and make your first right, theres a nice little parking lot for you guys to hang out at. Just my $.02
Old 06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
whats 'nasioc'?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
James Logan's parking lot is big
Old 06-10-2004, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
Well, i have read all of this, well at least most of it, and no one has stated 1 legalitaly fact. If the management association and/or the businesses complain about the meet, then they can call the police and state that you are trespassing, even if you are doing business with other businesses in the same parking lot. I used to work for Computer City in Washington and we had to do this for some people, but never for the subaru group that would meet there on the weekends because they were always peacefull and they meet after hours anyway. But in the cases of the few individuals that we did call the cops on, they were sent away and in 1 case arested because he got beligerant (sp). So if they say we can't be there then I personally wouldn't go there.

Personally, I haven't been able to make it to UCKK since i moved to Boulder Creek in September because it is just to far for a week night, expically since my wife needs to be up at 4am to go to work.

So my thoughts on this is that someone finds a new place and/or split up the meet into 2 meets and have one for the east bay and one for the south bay. I think that would work for everyone and that way more Santa Cruz and monterey people might be able to make it to one of them.

Thanks for the listening to my rambelings, and just by .02. and PS - Please don't flame me, i am just going on memory here and that isn't nealry perfict.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
UCPD never had a problem, its the property managment company that wants us out....UCPD tried to kick us out once, but then they left us alone after we told them we had permission.

As long as we have permission everything is cool...

I think they key is to keep it somewhat close to UCKK as that spot has been around for 2+ years and it has never been a problem to the people who have showed up...No need to change it to another city now.

-Zoeb
Old 06-10-2004, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
If you want to stay at UCKK, you'd have to get the businesses to talk to the PM. Have you talked to the KK manager?

How about the lot by Best Buy?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
IMO, which isn't much but once the property managers and security start getting up on your case it is time to move on, trying to go somewhere else is just gonna make them more upset and take more drastic measures to avoid having big groups there. It was a good run . . . .

WRX Rush
Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Now I'm thinking that IHOP or Tapioca will be the best choices to choose from. I'll compare the two since I don't live far from either place.

IHOP
-Closer to UCKK than tapioca
-Has Orchard supply next to it (could be benificial for people trying to do installs and whatnot)
-Safeway at the other end of the lot (open 24/7)
-I personally have never seen security guards over there, but the PD sometimes grab a burger at the resturant next to Taco Bell
-Uhm, what else... it also has Baskin Robins, Starbucks, Wells Fargo and some other places people might want to go.

Tapioca
-A little further south than IHOP location
-Close to Newpark Mall and a lot of other places
-Its about 1.5min away after exiting on Mowry from 880
-I-clubbers have been welcomed when they show up
-The stores around that place will be closed but theres less lighting
-I've also never seen security guards in this shopping center
Old 06-11-2004, 02:34 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
Vote on IHOP, cause cue connection is like a minute away...hahah ... i can go shoot pool after the meet...

Alan
Old 06-11-2004, 08:25 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I say wait it out until the UCPD says so, then move to newark at Tapioca Express

-Gagan

i agree with that idea
Old 06-11-2004, 10:14 AM

Gagen,
I think you need to get that vote between; TE, IHOP, and MOnk. Cafe.

My comparison,

-If we are at TE im sure the crowed may be a bit smaller or leaving earlier due to the dead atmosphere cause the stores around it are closed. However we are welcome so keep that in mind.

-IHOP is a 24/7 lot, thats important, seconed there are a fair amount of stores and restruants, for convienience sake I would choose this one, and feal it would be most successful.

-Monkey Cafe- We are actually invited here by the owner of the place, the lot is a nice size, its known for car clubs to meet here. Inside is small so if bad weather hits us about 6-8 go in and the rest are outside, also one of the Major downfalls its a bit further from the 880 im still down to roll there though.

So people whats your vote, this way we can get an Idea?

A) Tapioca xpress

B) IHOP

C) Monkeys Cafe'

D) Other sugestions
Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
lets just all meet inside chilli's
Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Car Info: its the white one
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
I personally have never seen security guards over there, but the PD sometimes grab a burger at the resturant next to Taco Bell
if anyone cares that place serves pastas burgers salads and much more... there is a reason pd goes there, and so do so many other people it is damn good

Originally Posted by Mine'sRacingGDB
Vote on IHOP, cause cue connection is like a minute away...hahah ... i can go shoot pool after the meet...

Alan
funny, I don't remember seeing anyother subarus there very often

~jeff

Quick Reply: Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!