View Poll Results: What to do with our UCKK meet?
Stay there, keep things how they are
16.49%
Move to the location near Borders
15.46%
Meet somewhere else all together
53.61%
Meet in a location not run by that property management
14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Exclamation Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!

So for those of us who haven't been to UCKK in the last few meets, we've been asked/told by security that car clubs are no longer welcomed by property management, and that we need to disperse immediately.

We have not left when told, and even when they've threatened us with calling the police, we've stayed knowing that we are not causing any trouble, and the most the police can do is make get in our cars, or go to within a nearby business.

Today i talked with the property manager, and although she understood my points of how our club is very peaceful, that we do not get into conflicts with other car clubs, and that we patronize the local businesses, her tennants, she would NOT agree to giving us any special approval for having our meet in front of the UCKK lot.

She did say that we could "try" the lot next to Borders, because that lot is not used much, and it's far away from the traffic of people and vehicles. I told her i'd bring that option back to here and get opinions on it.

Also she mentioned that UCPD is supposed to start cracking down on large groups whom gather in that lot, including us. I told her that we never catch flak from UCPD, and that there is even one officer who likes to come and hang out with us.

Her issue is this, and it's not with subarus, it's some other club that's been misbehaving. She doesnt like the attention that we draw becuase we are a large club that is meeting on her property. She feels that is puts a sour image to the regular patrons who come there to shop and to dine. She also feels it brings out the people who like to show off and that those people do dangerous things. She said she wishes she could find common ground, however, giving no one the right to hang out is the most effective way to prevent any conflicts or incidents.

So basically we stand at a few positions, and I'd like for everyone to express how they feel about the situation.

1) Keep things the way they are, and if the PD comes, worry about it then
2) Move to the location near borders to ease her fears
3) stop coming there all together
4) Move to a location not controlled by her (best buy, officemax, sportmart area on the other side)

Personally, we should just do what we do. We haven't done anything wrong in 2 years now, and we won't. I am thinking about writting up a petition for approval, and trying to get the businesses to join in and that might give us some weight for special approval. I am also thinking about trying to contact the Owners themselves, and see if we can get approval that way. I invited her to come and see for herself on any tuesday night how mellow we are, and she said she'll try to do that.

Opinions/Comments/Questions?

-Gagan
Old 06-09-2004, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
i say move the meet to my house!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
It is their property, so its not like you have much of a choice... Be respectful of their wishes despite what anyone thinks of the reasons behind them, and find somewhere else.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I say just keep the meet where it is and if it becomes too problematic then we can find another location.

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
I say just keep the meet where it is and if it becomes too problematic then we can find another location.

-Jeff
i think it's come to that point already.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Well the security has been complaining but the cops have failed to show up even when we told the security guard he could call them. Plus there isn't anything illegal about standing around in a parking lot, could be considered loitering but the whole Union Landing is supposed to be a place for people to hang out. If it comes down to it just go over near Best Buy or maybe start going to Tapioca or Monkeys.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:21 PM

uhm
Old 06-09-2004, 08:23 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

who is "she" and she controls that lot by KK only?

i thought that entire UNION LANDING was under one umbrella, so if you moved to the area near borders, that is still their area.

in any case, if you do want to find another spot, there is a spot in hayward, by ALBERTSONS on jackson and harder. the RITE AID closed a year ago and that area is like a ghost town. plus i have an in with hayward PD so i can ask him to give a heads up to the rest of the cops...

there's the NATIONS BURGER there.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
that part of hayward is pretty damn ghetto, lol

She is the woman who runs the management company that manages the area from Jolibee to IHOP, IHOP to Texas roadhouse... the other parts are managed by someone else it seems

-Gagan
Old 06-09-2004, 08:28 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
that part of hayward is pretty damn ghetto, lol

She is the woman who runs the management company that manages the area from Jolibee to IHOP, IHOP to Texas roadhouse... the other parts are managed by someone else it seems

-Gagan

if that's the case, she maybe just passing the buck onto the next management co. and she may have already warned the rest of them. and make ALL OF UNION LANDING off limits...
Old 06-09-2004, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
You are all welcome at Big Dogs Grill on Thursday nights.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 06-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
We should start to research property places that our own BAIC members own, that way, we dont have to go through the hassle of anybody.

Zee
Old 06-09-2004, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Move the meets to San Francisco!!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Maybe some of you have seen this but, over by the Automall dealers in Fremont they are building a huge shopping center and looks like they are getting it built fairly quickly. I know there's going to be a Lowes, In N Out and a bunch of other places, maybe if we can post it at UCKK a little bit longer then eventually move over to the Automall shopping center.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Just make sure everybody buys something at Krispy Kreme and keeps their receipt. Then if PD shows up, say, we're customers and allowed to be here. They can't kick you out because you're not loitering if you purchase food/products. Just don't break any other laws. It's unfortunate for the PM that she doesn't like car clubs but she can't just kick you out of a parking lot.

This could open you guys to harrassment though, and people with illegal mods might end up having a bad night.

Quick Reply: Fate of UCKK: Please read/respond and vote!