F the CHP...Question/Help...speeding ticket..

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I'm with CaliSuby on this one. He stated the truck followed him when he changed lanes, and the Saturn was going basically the same speed as the lane to the right.

Do you **** of the truck further by going even slower than the Saturn and possibly cause excess road rage? He's already pissed since he's high beaming him. Or do you pass the Saturn and give the truck enough space to overtake the Saturn and move to the left, then lower your speed back to the speed limit.

Unfortunately, the ticket you received was the above the 65 mph speed, which I have no idea how to fight. Good luck with this one.

Oh yeah.... DON'T THROW **** OUT OF YOUR CAR. I don't care how light it is, a solid object moving at 60+ mph can do a ton of damage.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Thank you all for all the great info and help.. It's funny cause everytime I run into a problem I tell my wife " I'm go on iclub and start a thread, they know everything on there" lol I'm serious thanks guys for being positive and helpin one out.... +1 for having 6pg. thread and all staying in the subject lol
Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by Roo
According to the OP, no one else (except the Saturn in front and the truck behind) was around. Not sure how you believe a 2 oz. weight against his windshield is going to endanger their life. Will it crack his windshield? Yup, there's a good chance of that. Will it shatter his windshield and blind him with glass shards blowing through his face, rendering him blind and incapable of operating his vehicle? Nope, not a very good chance of that.
I know it isn't going to shatter the windshield, but people have a tendency to do stupid things and when they are scared. Even a rock hitting a windshield can make someone swerve. Why exacerbate the situation? Don't throw things at other people's cars. Period.

Suggesting something stupid and then following up with "I would never do that" is just silly. Don't even suggest it if you're just going to contradict yourself later. Unless you're running for political office or something, then that would be the norm.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:44 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I really doubt anyone here is dumb enough to throw **** out of their cars at other people intentionally. subtle trolling ftw?
You'd be surprised at the level of idiocy some people display.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM

Running for political office norm lol
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Car Info: Eq TuNeD vF43 bUgEyE
Why didn't you stay behind the Saturn and let the truck behind you pass on the right after the person to the right of you exited? Then go behind the truck and slowly pass the Saturn.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza Premium Hatchback
I agree that tossing weights, however small, out your car window isn't the greatest idea. I mean it freaks me out when rocks fly up by accident, let alone intentionally. It would cause damage to the car behind you either via a cracked windshield if you are going fast enough, dents in the car, it could hit the pavement and bounce up under it and getting lodged some where. What if their dog was haning out the window, as my Cassie frequently does, and the weight hits them in the head? I would be more devistated at that than my car getting a ding, but either would competely **** me off. And if this guy was a tail gaiter and intentionally threw on his high beams, that is generally a good indicator that he/she isn't the most laid back driver in the world.

I hope it isn't too expensive for you Those suck! I had to pay one for $500 once. No bueno

Last edited by Subie*Chickie12; 06-17-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
^^^ This is a good technique. The other trick I use is braking! When he's right on my *** i do a series of short braking to **** the driver off-

After that they usually back off or speed around! Next time if someone flashes their high beams at you to go faster just do the opposite go slower
Seriously. Get the eff over.

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!

-Brian
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
By the way, just so everyone is clear, it is illegal to be throwing objects out of your car and hitting other motorists. It can be written up many ways but if you ever got caught doing it, it will be a big fine.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by bobb126
By the way, just so everyone is clear, it is illegal to be throwing objects out of your car and hitting other motorists. It can be written up many ways but if you ever got caught doing it, it will be a big fine.
I don't see how anyone would think it wasn't illegal.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I don't see how anyone would think it wasn't illegal.
Originally Posted by Unit 91
You'd be surprised at the level of idiocy some people display.
This is how I feel after reading this entire thread.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

I guess I answered myself. Haha.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I'm with CaliSuby on this one. He stated the truck followed him when he changed lanes, and the Saturn was going basically the same speed as the lane to the right.

Do you **** of the truck further by going even slower than the Saturn and possibly cause excess road rage? He's already pissed since he's high beaming him. Or do you pass the Saturn and give the truck enough space to overtake the Saturn and move to the left, then lower your speed back to the speed limit.

Unfortunately, the ticket you received was the above the 65 mph speed, which I have no idea how to fight. Good luck with this one.

Oh yeah.... DON'T THROW **** OUT OF YOUR CAR. I don't care how light it is, a solid object moving at 60+ mph can do a ton of damage.
You forgot an option, get back over to to the left, in line behind the Saturn. He said he was going the same speed as the Saturn and only sped up when he realized the truck was still behind him. Therefore, before he made the decision to speed up there would have still been ample room to move in behind the Saturn and let the truck pass in the right lane. Unless of course he moved over with the intent to increase speed resulting in no room to move over to the left as he'd then be next to the Saturn by the time he saw the truck was still behind him. But if that's the case, then his decision to increase speed was all his own, and not motivated by the truck.

But yeah, also don't ever throw **** out of your car
Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 AM

Man ... It's like you want one to be guilty or something lol you continue to make claims that didn't happend. Like I told you, you would have to be there to know what's up. You keep claiming I kuld have moved... Over and behind and thus and that. Please just stop.it's done with I got a ticket for speeding. I'm in the wrks on wrking it out already I thanked everyone for there help. Again you would just have to be there to know how it actually happend no hard feelings/ try to start ****/or start an argument...
Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Man ... It's like you want one to be guilty or something lol you continue to make claims that didn't happend. Like I told you, you would have to be there to know what's up. You keep claiming I kuld have moved... Over and behind and thus and that. Please just stop.it's done with I got a ticket for speeding. I'm in the wrks on wrking it out already I thanked everyone for there help. Again you would just have to be there to know how it actually happend no hard feelings/ try to start ****/or start an argument...
Hey there! Just posting an alternate opinion to STi-owns-evo based on the information you provided. I'm sorry if it differs from how you feel. There's a difference between an argument and a discussion though; this is a discussion. I'm not bashing you or saying you're a bad person. No one has to say you're guilty though because you already admitted to breaking the law. Is a discussion of alternative actions resulting in NOT getting a ticket so out if line?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 06-17-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Quick Reply: F the CHP...Question/Help...speeding ticket..