F the CHP...Question/Help...speeding ticket..

Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Reminds me of Aristotle and following the law.

e.g. You sped up to avoid a dangerous situation. The argument would be if you felt threatened by the driver, would breaking speed limit justify your safety as a human being.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Man am I gonna get it from the wifey today... And for no fkn reason
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM

Car Info: Nadda
The #1 thing to do if you are being tail gated... wash your windshield for a while... you'll see them back off and turn theirs on too =).
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Reminds me of Aristotle and following the law.

e.g. You sped up to avoid a dangerous situation. The argument would be if you felt threatened by the driver, would breaking speed limit justify your safety as a human being.
Word....It more then justifies
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by sonic_subaru
If he wasn't visible, with his lights off, parked. Wouldn't that be considered entrapment?
No, it wouldn't. It would be entrapment if the cop egged him on or caused him to speed, but just sitting there with his lights off is not entrapment.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 AM

The #1 thing to do if you are being tail gated... wash your windshield for a while... you'll see them back off and turn theirs on too =).
Haha I did for over 20 seconds no wrk too lifted
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM

Car Info: Hybrid
^^^ This is a good technique. The other trick I use is braking! When he's right on my *** i do a series of short braking to **** the driver off-

After that they usually back off or speed around! Next time if someone flashes their high beams at you to go faster just do the opposite go slower
Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Should've brake checked and slowed down to 55 mph followed by a nice bird. Pretty sure he'd have gotten the ticket.

You just had an officer unwilling to let you go and you told him you were speeding. It happens. Take it to court and hope hes a no show. Worst that'll happen is you'll pay for a ticket and traffic school.

Sat morning I was driving to work after class in downtown. I sped up past a bus in the middle of downtown and got pulled over. Knew I was going to get a ticket so I told him I sped to 40 because I thought it was a 35 zone. Cop told nope its a 25 and asked me a few personal questions and commented about how my car looks fast. Told me to lay off the gas pedal and let me go. Luck of the draw. He probably just had his morning coffee and hadnt dealt with all the *******s yet.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Its BS how chp NEVER enforces the slower traffic keep right law

Last edited by slugrx; 06-15-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Should've brake checked and slowed down to 55 mph followed by a nice bird. Pretty sure he'd have gotten the ticket.

You just had an officer unwilling to let you go and you told him you were speeding. It happens. Take it to court and hope hes a no show. Worst that'll happen is you'll pay for a ticket and traffic school.

Sat morning I was driving to work after class in downtown. I sped up past a bus in the middle of downtown and got pulled over. Knew I was going to get a ticket so I told him I sped to 40 because I thought it was a 35 zone. Cop told nope its a 25 and asked me a few personal questions and commented about how my car looks fast. Told me to lay off the gas pedal and let me go. Luck of the draw. He probably just had his morning coffee and hadnt dealt with all the *******s yet.
^^^ I've been let off multiple times in So. Cal because the cops either have a subaru themselves or they explained a family member had one! Just keep cool and be polite and respectful and do what they say- Just don't kiss too much @ss because that won't get you anywhere either...
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
^^^ This is a good technique. The other trick I use is braking! When he's right on my *** i do a series of short braking to **** the driver off-

After that they usually back off or speed around! Next time if someone flashes their high beams at you to go faster just do the opposite go slower
Or do what you shoulda done in the first place.... get the **** over.

Too many people don't move over. I can be going 80mph and see someone coming faster and I move over before they're anywhere near me. If more people checked their egos traffic would flow better and there would be a lot less road rage.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM

I just think it's way unfair
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Or do what you shoulda done in the first place.... get the **** over.

Too many people don't move over. I can be going 80mph and see someone coming faster and I move over before they're anywhere near me. If more people checked their egos traffic would flow better and there would be a lot less road rage.
Sure. But, the other driver could have easily done the same. That is.... go around him!

Last edited by SubyWrxGuy; 06-15-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI
Pay the ticket and do traffic school. Then invest: http://www.valentine1.com/ Its not 100% fool proof but will save your *** more times than it wont. Or just dont speed. (Like thats realistic...)
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
just pay the ticket and go to traffic school, it's will be like you never got it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F the CHP...Question/Help...speeding ticket..