Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
Exhaust to loud- cop wants a "call" >

Exhaust to loud- cop wants a "call"

Notices

Exhaust to loud- cop wants a "call"

Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM

I would call a lawyer. A woman should not be directing the police department on what to do.

Where abouts in lafayette is this?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
They are using the "law" against you, so like I said learn the law and use it against them. Get a consultation with a lawyer.

It all depends on how much time you want to spend on this lame *** "issue".
Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 05 Saaburu (PSM)
Ha.. I used to live in Lafayette..

If you don't have the stock DP, let me know. I've got the full turboback you can use. If you need it.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB GGA
You should retaliate by doing burnouts down the street.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I'd go open downpipe instead. Waaaay louder.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
If you call him and meet with him, he said he would look at the car and let you know whether it was legal and would not ticket you. However, if you do not call him and he sees the car, he said he will issue a ticket.
Seriously? Is this mild intimidation to get you to incriminate yourself?

Plead the 5th.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Take out the up pipe, you don't need a turbo.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Find the lawyer lady's number and call her and see what she thinks of the legality of the officers intimidation tactics in a "different" situation
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Welcome to Lafayette. Where rich white people (I'm white, BTW) sit around and gather up their forces for noise annoyances and other ridiculous things.

GTFO lawyer lady.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Car Info: Nadda
1) Delete this thread
2) Swap Dp
3) Meet up with officer, tell officer you have no clue who this person is but you'll be polite and do whatever. Ask him to bring dB test, since what is being tested here is "noise level"
4) I somehow heard it was "At the caution" of officers to issue a ticket for loud exhaust WITHOUT a dB test anywho.
5) Do this
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Swap the DP, call the officer and also submit a complain to his supervisor about the whole bull**** "I'll ticket if you don't call" part. make it clear that you have no legal obligation to call him, nor does he have any right to write you any kind of ticket since he didn't see or hear your car in the first place.

what a joke
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
1) Delete this thread
2) Swap Dp
3) Meet up with officer, tell officer you have no clue who this person is but you'll be polite and do whatever. Ask him to bring dB test, since what is being tested here is "noise level"
4) I somehow heard it was "At the caution" of officers to issue a ticket for loud exhaust WITHOUT a dB test anywho.
5) Do this
This right here, you need to pick and chose your battles and this one isn't worth dying over. You might not give a **** what the cop or lady feels and I wouldn't either, however, your gfs family has no part in this bs and its not fair to bring the man or this idiot neighbor lady into their life. I know all to well how miserable one neighbor can make your life. One of the women in my parents neighborhood costs them countless wasted hours and thousands of dollars over some weird personal vendetta against them because she felt wronged by something they did. The city/police/condo association she belongs to(which my parents are not part of they own a single family home)/etc.. call her "crazy jane" but she uses the law against anyone she doesn't like and makes their life a living hell.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
ill go when i get my model a up and running. im sure my pumped up small block with lake style headers (open headers) will wake her up.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
find someone with a 240z and open headers and have them drive by the neighbors house a 2am and have a smoke
NOTHING is illegal and if COPS show up, tell you made a pit stop for a rest before you head home
I have to admit Ive done that a few times when people "complain" my STOCK evo was too loud...go figure

your exhaust is too loud sir!
ok that's nice , have a good night officer, '74 model but thanks for noticing
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
If you're confident in your knowledge regarding the law and your rights and don't feel uncomfortable speaking to LE, go ahead and give the cop a call. You can try to deconflict the situation that way.

He can't legally compel you to meet with him or anything and if the conversation starts to go down that road, just tell him you're not comfortable with what he's proposing and you will consult with an attorney first. You can end the contact right then and there.

Sounds like the lady is a real **** with nothing better to do. It might be interesting to get an exhaust cutout and 2-step rev limiter and have some fun with that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust to loud- cop wants a "call"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.